Cassandra Videos

KDZ's Cass Vids: Getting Worse day-by-day

You should really try to implement 214 in your gameplay imo.

I use it a lot, it has some nice GI propertys and used from midrange this little step can evade a lot of stuff and get you free 236,since it really forces whiffes of your opponent, especially against close battle chars like Taki.

214 rocks.

Hey all, everyone should watch JTO's OCV during the team tourney finals at NEC.

Some really unique Cass play, man's got a style of his own.

Here some Dina's Cassandra matches from Soulcalibur.FR Super Fight Session 1 versus Keev's Nightmare :

Dina plays a pretty risky Cass. But then it could just be because he's playing against NM. Good fights.

I dont think he plays risky. First like you already said, he is facing Nightmare, who isnt a punishing Character, there is nothing wrong in throwing out some additional 236s. Of course you could play her like JTO, BB, BB, BB, but i dont think Cassy has to be played that way. Cassandras Risk/Reward is pretty nice imo.

Second, Dina is a really good player. i think when you mean "risky" you meant all the 236AB's, didnt you? The majority of them hit Keev while he went into GS, i dont think he is using them randomly ;) I always watch all the french vids, and they are always prepared very well for their opponents, crouching Highs, jumping Lows and all that, especially Dina.

But for Gods sake he is a Throwwhore :)

French People just know how to play, has to be genetic or something like that :)
Really entertaining Vids.

@ Hayate

What is all that Super Fighting Stuff? A Tournament? Or just some matches you guys record?

It's a day when all great players gather in my home to play, i record like 10hours of versus, then select some fight and post the videos.

Haha. Definitely not saying he should be playing exactly like JTO. His playstyle is probably the most similar to mine of all the videos I've seen honestly. (I'm a throw whore too!) But yeah I thought there was maybe a few too many 236ABs. Not all of them were to punish GS and it seemed like that was what Keev took advantage of to take a couple of wins in the end. Also, although I really like his application of 214 I kinda felt like it was probably a bit of a liability. 4AB was another thing that caught my eye. At high level, the move isn't that great. Not exactly hit-confirmable and if you commit while it gets blocked you're pretty much fucked.

I do agree that the french vids are some of the highest quality stuff coming out for SC4 right now though. The gameplay is hella solid and the extra video editing adds a lot of flair.

Here are some of my recent videos. I wish I recorded the ones against mitsu when I was having alot more trouble breaking his defense, but bleh.

Ivy Vs Cass
Amy Vs Cass

I know they these are kinda random at some points, but can anybody give me some tips? Also pointing out anything my oppns are letting me get away for free that other people don't would be helpful too.

Also: Hilde vs Cass (Please skip to 2:25 in the video to see the cass match)

As you can see, I'm pretty much panicking every moment of the match there. What can Cass do when Hilde pretty much has so much range and [C3]A is so fast/GIs alot of cass's stuff/ROs from half stage? Anybody have any good anti-hilde exp they'd like to share?

Nyawu;

Always take your free FC236B after 1A close distance (and some medium distances). Another 25+dmg is always nice, and the oki without taking it isn't that great I find anyways.
You seem to attack a lot after your opponent blocks your 33KA+K. Don't, espeically against Amy. While it isn't huge in disadvantage, Amy will sure beat you out.
You also seem to use 4BB:A for oki, which I find personally is an odd choice as it usually just whiffs. I personally just do 236B/3B until they get up, heh.
Lastly, try to hit confirm. I see you getting some good stun hits, but not always doing the best combo (or even no combo at all). 1K on CH is confirmable, and 236 on NH gives you a nice 2B8BAA.

As for Hilde, 66K and 44B+K is your friend. Also, be aware you can low grab Hilde out of her C3A.

Ah. I was noticing after I rewatched the videos how I didn't take the free 236B, but I didn't know it was that much more damage. I should follow up with it more then. I'll stop attacking after the 33KA+K recklessly, bad habit!

And I'v been wondering, 4BB:A seem to randomly pick up or lock people in BT on wake up.... what causes it? I stopped doing it after a recent tourny because it only works sometimes but not always. I know 3B hits grounded, but 236B too? That's really nice to know. I'll try the 2B8BAA, but I always end up missing... practice mode time.

Also, I never thought about using the flying asses of doom against hilde. I totally gotta try that out next time (and throw moar if I think he's gonna C3 A, if I can ever get near fraeken cedric)

One last question: I had a similar issue with Kilik Asura. Does 66K and 44B+K work well against asura happy kiliks too?

Thank you for all the help. =)

4BB:A seems to pick up if they tech in a certian direction, but it's inconsistent. Better just to do 3B/236B/33K (buffer in forward movements to catch side rollers for the 33K). 66K and 44B+K also "avoid" Asura, which is always nice (as in, it won't be parried)

Cass has zero ground hitting mids that can't be rolled out of by a downed opponent. Be aware of this. She also has zero lows that your opponent should ever be scared of being hit by. This makes her oki very weak if you just stand up and block. Also there is no real reason to use 44B+K other than it looks funnier. 66K does everything better and is safe.

nice cassandra but...why is everyone acting the same with mitsubishi...kinda boring to watch...nobody trys out a new thing with him and thats why it looks like all mitsus the same blabla -.- anyway..i like the playstyle with dinas cassandra...and he likes to use 33K yeah i love it ^^
(sry for my lazy english this time)

does anyone know the secret to getting cassandra's 4bb-a JF consistantly
No real trick. Just hit A just as the second B hits. Mind you, its a bit later then you would think (between the second B and the A) so try slightly delaying yourself. Online, I just mash the A, and it comes out 80% of the time. It's one of the easier JF's.

Back