Cassandra Videos

holy shit good stuff! babalook coming through with the BEASTLY tech traps :)

well here's a somewhat recent video of destinizish and i playing offline. obvious garbage aside...too much 214...not enough aa punishing...i think it was ok. advice welcome. also more vids from that session linked on the youtube page.

Check it out.

Edit: As I'm working on making a Cass vs. ___ punishment video (Mainly for my benefit, but of course anyone can use it too) for each character I will see if there are any consistent whiffs or "glitches" that happen on any other characters.

Hey guys check it out:

[Youtube=Partisan vs Eli123s]fyg4HePn1Gc[/youtube]

Feel free to give me some feedback, as it would be greatly appreciated :D

What I already know is this:

- My custom Cass is awesome
- I used 33K for oki too much and half of the time it whiffed
- I didn't really punish anything (If I could, Ivy has too many moves to remember x_x)
-I whiff too much
-I grabbed like 2 times in the 3 fights
-lol FC 3B instead of FC 236B
-I used 214 too much, I should have instead used back dash

Hey guys check it out:

[Youtube=Partisan vs Eli123s]fyg4HePn1Gc[/youtube]

Feel free to give me some feedback, as it would be greatly appreciated :D

What I already know is this:

- My custom Cass is awesome
- I used 33K for oki too much and half of the time it whiffed
- I didn't really punish anything (If I could, Ivy has too many moves to remember x_x)
-I whiff too much
-I grabbed like 2 times in the 3 fights
-lol FC 3B instead of FC 236B
-I used 214 too much, I should have instead used back dash

Not claiming to be an expert or anything, but I would say you need to take much more advantage of Ivy when you close the distance with her. Cassandra's AA is beyond godly against Ivy. If you're fearing the 214B from Ivy at close range (which is where you should be playing around with Cass most of the time), you could always just 2A the hell out of her or just block it, though there are some range the shield bash can't punish it at. Other than, if Ivy's trying to space you out, just step and guard accordingly, punishing or forcing her to block/anticipate 6B on the way to closing the distance with her.

nice Cass, Partisan! needs more BB, B and BK.
why would you 214 after your BK gets blocked? 2K, 2A, 2B+K or 1K are nice after a blocked BK.
also, a lot more 33K in my opinion, maybe not on oki though. :]
B+K is awesome, btw.

I haven't looked at Ivy much, so I cannot give concrete examples on why, but I can say the matchup is bad for Cass.

Just remember anytime during oki, if they would have rolled 33K, then you could have caught them with 4BB:A. If people keep rolling 33K, then step up and do 4BB:A instead. Also, if people really love to roll, don't forget about 1A (which you started doing towards the end). If you want something with lower risk for oki, then you can probably go with a 1B/2K oki mixup until you know whether your opponent likes to roll around, play dead, or do something else.

If you land 33B near walls/edges, don't go for the A+B rebounce since it will probably whiff. Just end it with 66A+B and then step forward for a possible 4BB:A grounded pickup or at least a free oki mixup.

Also, 3B, 4BB:A does more damage than just 3B, 236B. I know I tend to forget about it since I got too used to doing 3B, 236B in SC2.

At ~2:50 you should've gone for the UB :D. Generally, people trying to throw punish 8K is kind of exactly what you want them to think they can do; because that is how you are going to land 8KB on someone (although honestly 8K is one of her bad moves; please do NOT use it often).

Random note but WSA has a really high tendancy to whiff Ivy up close.

Also, AK? Eww. Hit confirm the K if you are going to throw out single A's. The forward movement on the K is deceptively short.

As flask mentioned, don't do 214 after they block BK. You should be CH fishing or doing quick interrupts. If people know they are being frame trapped then they will probably hesitate and that sets you up to go for a mixup or throw attempt.

Lastly, yes, backstep-G is generally going to be better for your health than attempting 214.

Not claiming to be an expert or anything, but I would say you need to take much more advantage of Ivy when you close the distance with her. Cassandra's AA is beyond godly against Ivy. If you're fearing the 214B from Ivy at close range (which is where you should be playing around with Cass most of the time), you could always just 2A the hell out of her or just block it, though there are some range the shield bash can't punish it at. Other than, if Ivy's trying to space you out, just step and guard accordingly, punishing or forcing her to block/anticipate 6B on the way to closing the distance with her.

nice Cass, Partisan! needs more BB, B and BK.
why would you 214 after your BK gets blocked? 2K, 2A, 2B+K or 1K are nice after a blocked BK.
also, a lot more 33K in my opinion, maybe not on oki though. :]
B+K is awesome, btw.

I haven't looked at Ivy much, so I cannot give concrete examples on why, but I can say the matchup is bad for Cass.

Just remember anytime during oki, if they would have rolled 33K, then you could have caught them with 4BB:A. If people keep rolling 33K, then step up and do 4BB:A instead. Also, if people really love to roll, don't forget about 1A (which you started doing towards the end). If you want something with lower risk for oki, then you can probably go with a 1B/2K oki mixup until you know whether your opponent likes to roll around, play dead, or do something else.

If you land 33B near walls/edges, don't go for the A+B rebounce since it will probably whiff. Just end it with 66A+B and then step forward for a possible 4BB:A grounded pickup or at least a free oki mixup.

Also, 3B, 4BB:A does more damage than just 3B, 236B. I know I tend to forget about it since I got too used to doing 3B, 236B in SC2.

At ~2:50 you should've gone for the UB :D. Generally, people trying to throw punish 8K is kind of exactly what you want them to think they can do; because that is how you are going to land 8KB on someone (although honestly 8K is one of her bad moves; please do NOT use it often).

Random note but WSA has a really high tendancy to whiff Ivy up close.

Also, AK? Eww. Hit confirm the K if you are going to throw out single A's. The forward movement on the K is deceptively short.

As flask mentioned, don't do 214 after they block BK. You should be CH fishing or doing quick interrupts. If people know they are being frame trapped then they will probably hesitate and that sets you up to go for a mixup or throw attempt.

Lastly, yes, backstep-G is generally going to be better for your health than attempting 214.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will most certainly take the comments to heart ;P

Hey Partisan,
Nice Cass ! I saw good things.

About 33K for oki : I use to do it too, but you can try to mix it with 4BB:A. It will catch opponent who want to roll to avoid 33K.

More Throws !

Something I noticed : You don't really punish the whiffs. It's a pity cause sometimes you step well but, you don't really take advantage of it.

FC 3B Instead of FC 236B : It happens to me all the time too T_T

Hey Partisan,
Nice Cass ! I saw good things.

About 33K for oki : I use to do it too, but you can try to mix it with 4BB:A. It will catch opponent who want to roll to avoid 33K.

More Throws !

Something I noticed : You don't really punish the whiffs. It's a pity cause sometimes you step well but, you don't really take advantage of it.

FC 3B Instead of FC 236B : It happens to me all the time too T_T

Thanks for the comments :D

Yea I've been working on my punishment quite a bit since then, so I hope it will pay off in the actual field ;D

I will hopefully get more offline sessions this weekend, so I will record more matches of myself and the other Canadian players.

Here:

Casuals 8/7/10 - InsaneKhent :sc4min1: (7) vs Woahhzz :sc4cas1: (10)

This is a ustream recording of a live session, so the time marks you're looking for are from 20:00 to 1:14:00 (20 minutes to 1 hour and 14 minutes). Just use the scroll bar to skip ahead to it. Sorry that the video isn't spectacular quality, but it's smooth and you'll be able to follow the action easily.

Well, the quality was good but from 23:00 someone or something was in the way of the of the match... But it was a treat so thank you both (Khent & Woahz)...

Latest Punishment Video is up:

Go forth and punish the hell out of Ivy!

*Note that most of these moves especially in WP and CL pushback quite a bit/are used at range, and as such punishment attempts will likely whiff at full range*

Back