Cervantes Combo/Video Thread

Could be but considering iGDR has a faster startup than either move I would think they might not be guaranteed.

I myself wonder if 8B+K tech catches after BT B+K. If that would be the case then I might replace the last iGDR for it.

Last edited:
For this one
After BT B+K can he do a 1K B B follow-up?

Also after BT B+K is 1B (hold) guaranteed?

When in soul charge you can 1KBB after a BT B+K for more damage.

No, and afaik 1B hold isn't guaranteed ever. You can do 1B instead of iGDR for an oki setup for slightly less damage.

Could be but considering iGDR has a faster startup than either move I would think they might not be guaranteed.

I myself wonder if 8B+K tech catches after BT B+K. If that would be the case then I might replace the last iGDR for it.

Depends on the range. If the opponent is far enough away from you you can use it to tech catch, otherwise you're just going to hop over them and whiff.

The iGDR does more damage at the end of certain combos, but the oki I feel is better off of 2A+B. It does leave you a bit further away but the iGDR leaves you at disadvantage right in their face

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l-mf-dan-l/gif/incomparableagonizingafricanparadiseflycatcher
3B > 8A+B > iGDR > Super (can just use BT B+K followups as well}
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l-mf-dan-l/gif/ediblefloweryequine
44A+B > 8A+B > 8A+B > 8A+B > iGDR > B2
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l-mf-dan-l/gif/pinkportlygermanspaniel
66B W! > 6BB W! > 3B > iGDR > Super ( not sure what else may be possible off this yet, the igdr sets Cervy at a weird angle)
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l-mf-dan-l/gif/speedyblissfulankole
Back Grab W! > 66B W! > 3B > 8A+B > iGDR > Super (super unlikely to ever happen in a match, but 170 damage so might as well show it)

A few of the combos I've found so far, unfortunately Jaxel doesn't have Xbox DVR approved for embed rights and I cbf with uploading them to something that is approved.

The last one is insanely unlikely to ever happen but that damage. Also, from my testing it's almost never worth using a super with Cervy to end a combo unless you just really need that extra like 6 damage.

Am I bad or can you not get iGDR after 8B~A.A.A? If you can’t what are you guys doing after an 8B or similar launchers?

Another unblockable wall combo, small damage but unblockable beside of ducking:

66A+G W! 6BB 1B 2A+B about 60 damage

you can mix it with someone who ducks: 66B W! 1B 2A+B about 60 damage too

For me any combos involve with iGDR is just fancy combos it's not consistent enough so maybe when you feeling it you can do 1 or 2 iGDR so I try to find some combos more reliable

Last edited:
I can confirm that IGDR into IGDR works as I’ve been catching a lot of people with random IGDRs. Also Cervys 33B into IGDR is very useful. Does good damage from what I’ve seen and its easier to get off on opponents, and it leads to more setups. Ive been trying to find a way to cancel out failed IGDRs, so far I think its possible if you set a button for (G+K) and you try doing it followed by a designated (G+K) button. Maybe its just me though. I just cant stand getting punished for failing an IGDR and doing DC B. With what I’ve been doing it if i fail an IGDR, i just taunt.

What are you guys doing after A+B lethal hit? Oppenent flys so high that the auto dc B whiffs. I hate that the dread charge comes out automatically

I go for TS. Simple execution, 80+ damage. And yeah I love TS since SC3 haha. I will always embrace it. I'm just sad they changed the command in 6.

PS: TS stands for Tornado Swell (DC A+B in this game.). Just to be clear.

Last edited:
I can confirm that IGDR into IGDR works as I’ve been catching a lot of people with random IGDRs. Also Cervys 33B into IGDR is very useful. Does good damage from what I’ve seen and its easier to get off on opponents, and it leads to more setups. Ive been trying to find a way to cancel out failed IGDRs, so far I think its possible if you set a button for (G+K) and you try doing it followed by a designated (G+K) button. Maybe its just me though. I just cant stand getting punished for failing an IGDR and doing DC B. With what I’ve been doing it if i fail an IGDR, i just taunt.
You can still safely input iGDR with a B+K button to cancel DC if you mess it up.

I like both. One gives you consistent damage, the other 6 gunshots toward your next B2 lethal which is huge.

Edit: Combo 2 is extremely inconsistent against small hitboxes. Boomer.

Edit2: On another note, what are you guys going for after 2A+B lethal hit?

I'm personally going for:

2A+B !LH, 4A+B, 8B+K

Last edited:
Back