Cervantes General Discussion

made an account just to thank @mkl for the higdr tip

also, @Windstar needs to shut the **** up and quit spreading misinformation

there's no non-sc 236A+G, and if something's -18, then it can be punished by i18 moves

It is about as difficult as it was in V for the correct input. There is a bad input which still flashes blue.
Whats the difference? I never saw a blue flash. Either its easier in this game or its easier on the ps4 pad, cause I had a really hard time doing it in 5 and it seems super easy in 6.

Whats the difference? I never saw a blue flash. Either its easier in this game or its easier on the ps4 pad, cause I had a really hard time doing it in 5 and it seems super easy in 6.

There now is a iGDR and a HiGDR
iGDR now has an easier input but doesnt launch the opponent high enough for combo extensions(but the initial launcher launches just fine) and does 27+9 damage or 36 at range. In training mode you might see the input come out as 214[4}B
hiGDR has flames erupting from the ground, launches opponent high in combos to use as an extender, does 30+10 damage or 40 at range and shows up as the proper 214:B input. He also screams bloody murder.

Last edited:
would Cervy really be too strong if his 3B launched all ranges? he would then have a consistent whiff punish meaning doesn't have to spend it on CE and thus have more access to SC which I feel he needs to compare to the strongest characters in the cast

It would be busted considering it is not that unsafe and it opens doors for 80+ damage combos. I learned to embrace it.

He is fun. There are definitely stronger characters in the game right now but he is quite viable nevertheless. Most of his tools have been nerfed but he is still really good.

So I think a lot of people tend to harp on a lot of his weaknesses, but aren't really understanding strengths or aren't really seeing them. The thing about this version of Cervantes, is that he can really play at any range extremely well. 6B, iGDRs, or 66A+B, or pressure hard with 33B 66B, and close-range pop-offs with 4A stuns into huge damage combos, or just being a bully with bK, B+K, 22K.

And even on defense he can reverse fortunes with WS A (guaranteed 4KK), and his auto-GIs, and put himself back on offense without too much difficulty, compared to some other characters. He really has tools and answers for a lot of things. And we haven't even talked out deceptive Dread Charges transitions in many of his strings now, or his new Dread Storm follow-ups (more work needs to be done on these).

I think too many people look at trying to setup or combo hard with his basic stuff, but aren't really looking at what his kit does for him. True, he's not that safe, but the sheer number of options that he can play with and at any distance gives him a lot versatility. And he's still got a lot of damage to back that up. He's definitely one of the stronger characters in the game, right now.

Howdy, chaps.
I'm taking up a pocket Cervy because doing iGDRs feels too good. Hoping you lads could help me.
I'm struggling a bit in the neutral game. With my other characters - Maxi and Siegfried - I can do a move with block advantage to bait a counter hit and stuff, but I'm a bit of a loss with what to do with Cervy and I find myself 1aB B-ing a tad too much. Do you fellas have any links to Cervy's frame data?

Nvm, I just had to scroll up a few posts lel

Last edited:
Well, after playing Cervantes since release I'm ready to say he is garbage in this game.

!00% lineal
Messed up camera combos
Characters such as Kilik and Seong Mina out damaging him with half execution restrictions.
Horizontal/Vertical moves whiffing at point blank.
Lack of a good low
Almost utterly useless Lethals aside 3 while other characters have accees to stupid easy lethals.
Damage output
Dies to Turtle gameplay

It's disgusting.

Well, after playing Cervantes since release I'm ready to say he is garbage in this game.

!00% lineal
Messed up camera combos
Characters such as Kilik and Seong Mina out damaging him with half execution restrictions.
Horizontal/Vertical moves whiffing at point blank.
Lack of a good low
Almost utterly useless Lethals aside 3 while other characters have accees to stupid easy lethals.
Damage output
Dies to Turtle gameplay

It's disgusting.

He has some of the best step catchers in the game.
Wonderful LHs (2A+B in particular)
Great reach.
Has a fucking safe jailing on hit 1aBB for a low.
Some of the best normal BnB damage in the game.
Everyone whiffs in this game because it is coded poorly.

I think ya need to g i t g u d

Back