Cervantes Patch Updates

I do like these changes (except the iGDR nerf of course), but in the long run I don't think they really mattered. He feels the same to me, and I'm OK with that. Plus he's been good in pretty much every game (mained him since SC1, never owned a PS1 therefore never owned SE/SB).

Not really adept in terminology, but the lightning moves , i would say Cervantes lacks in that, and i was hoping for at least a move in that department. Marshal Wave coming out of DC is so bad. Wish Shadow flare would be taken out of DC.

Has anyone notice that his CE can result in a complete camera change?

What unintended combo did Cervantes have with aerial control that involved (AA, 6A..) ?

the patch makes cervy a lot better. more potential for lower risk guranteed combos. better wall combos now as well. thx 2 the buffering fixes 66b w! 66b w! is way easier to do.

Thoughts on patch changes:

-4KK is meant as wall filler if you use something like 3B or bK to wall splat. More damage than another 3B. 4KK:BT B+K as a wall combo seems a tad unnecessary, but is stylish as hell.

-The BT B+K upgrade is basically there for people who had trouble hitting iGDR afterward. It also scales a lot, but the damage is still excellent. Take note: 9[B+K] and 22A BE are the same as they were pre-patch.

-As mentioned already, 3A+B change is just meant to make BBB consistent.

EDIT: Don't know if this was already covered, but you can still option select iGDR/guard canceled DC by inputting 214B+K~G. Pretty much nullifies the change, so I wonder why they even bothered.

One more thing I noticed: 3B, 8B+K, 4K, CE no longer works.=( I believe this was a universal change, as the patch notes mentioned similar combos for Ivy and Xiba. Not a major loss in damage, but I did miss the extra boost from 4K.

One more thing I noticed: 3B, 8B+K, 4K, CE no longer works.=( I believe this was a universal change, as the patch notes mentioned similar combos for Ivy and Xiba. Not a major loss in damage, but I did miss the extra boost from 4K.

Your staple combo should to be 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, Very LATE CE, 7B+K. Thats the Combo to go for, 125-140 DMG depending on if they tech or not. You did all those SC4 Vids in the beginning right? So you should get the iGDR :)

What still works is 3B, 66A into CE, its 85 DMG instead the 75 with only one 8B+K. Should be AC resistant.

Your staple combo should to be 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, Very LATE CE, 7B+K. Thats the Combo to go for, 125-140 DMG depending on if they tech or not. You did all those SC4 Vids in the beginning right? So you should get the iGDR :)

What still works is 3B, 66A into CE, its 85 DMG instead the 75 with only one 8B+K. Should be AC resistant.

Naw, I didn't do any SCIV vids. Thanks for the info though. I forgot 9B+K worked in that situation, since you get the shorter slide.

Naw, I didn't do any SCIV vids. Thanks for the info though. I forgot 9B+K worked in that situation, since you get the shorter slide.

Oh ok hmmm there was a guy who did combovids in SC4...somehow your nick reminded me of him.

3B, 8B+K, iGDR, 9 B+K. Maybe I was doing 3B iGDR CE 9B+K hmmm I think it was the second one that was rollable.

They didn't mention it but they also tweaked his Guard Burst Game. For the moment bK doesn't seem to Burst anymore so no more CH 44A+B combos after bK Guard Burst which is quite a nerf for him. Gonna test him tonight and post what I find.

I thought I should let you guys know that after hitting an opponent with BT B+K, iGDR isn't guaranteed. I played against another human opponent hit him with BT B+K and he blocked my iGDR.

Then after I went to practice mode, I let myself get hit by BT B+K and blocked iGDR afterwards. However, when you set the CPU's first action to normal standing and the second action to guard all he/she will get hit by iGDR after getting hit by BT B+K.

I did this a few times tried to speed the input of iGDR without any success of hitting after BT B+K follow-up.

Yup. That's what I've been doing the whole time but for a moment after that happened I got a feeling that the stun was somewhat shakeable or something.

That's nice because BT B+K, 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, aB si so nice. :)

Lol what are you guys talking?

iGDR is guaranteed after BT B+K and all variations of it. If you can block it you are too slow. Why should 3B hit and iGDR not? Seriously WTF guys. How can 3B be guaranteed and iGDR not?

And yes i tested. It gives +20 Frames.

3B, 6B, 1BB, iGDR...all guaranteed.

doc I've tried many times... against the CPU the majority of the time it works; me against a human player it doesn't; I have the CPU do BT B+K into iGDR as recorded play and I let myself get hit by BT B+K but I can block iGDR. I tried to speed up the input of iGDR but still there's no success.

Perhaps doc you should elaborate on how you've tested it. Did you test against the CPU? Did you have a human partner as a test subject?

Maybe I was wrong for saying iGDR isn't guaranteed perhaps what's more better to say is that it's not that practical since maybe the timing is very strict as in SC4 with some moves that leave Cervy at +15, +16.

Back