Challenge: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water

chobek

[13] Hero
If it interests or compels you ... create a warrior with one of these elements as the theme -Earth -Wind -Fire or Water.
(This might not be the most original thread... but ...)

Choose one or complete the set.
No rules
No winner
No time limit...
just create be and be happy!!!

Well I already have something for fire

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_26.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.jpg

Though the inspiration for her was the sun to be specific. I like the idea of this challenge though, so I may have a crack at the other elements when I get the time.

Wind never gets any respect.

I designed these two with a clear theme of the sky/heaven in mind.
MOwUD.jpg

Not really much backstory to this one, I'm afraid. Whenever a game has a custom character mode, I usually make a self-insert character. I guess I just thought of what I'd look like if I were a swordsman in the late 16th-early 17th century and had it fit with my main fighting style.

Design Notes:
- Credit goes to Gatsu for the use of Feathers of Strength as shoulder armor. The idea was stolen from his Trishna chracter, seen here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/gatsus-official-temple-of-teh-random-cas-stuff.11076/page-4

- I know it's a tux, but I really, really wish that bowtie wasn't there. We already have a bunch of different bowties in the neckwear section as well as another one in special equipment.

-UPDATE 6/19/: Baihu Coat, Slacks, Leather Shoes, and Tiger Lily Gauntlets swapped for Tuxedo Coat, Leather Pants, Tuxedo Shoes, and Rocker's Gloves

- Heaven theme conserved with gold phoenix sticker on back. Additions: folded wings sticker on lapel, lotus flower sticker on front, spread wings sticker on inside of coattails.

- Cardigan undergament exchanged for back and arm wounds on armor break.
v9qD1.jpg

Design notes:
- Back in SC4, I picked up Cassy as a main, so I went and made a CaS for that fighting style, too. I based it on a genderbend of my main CaS, so some of the color scheme and design ideas are similar between her and Pascusio.

- Motif 59 was used to create a vest-skirt divide and as a figure-flattering technique.

- The bottom of Isis' Breastplate stickes out of the Nurse's Uniform, so I colored it to blend in and stuck a white, upside triangle sticker to the exposed part by view.

- Motif 22 was used on the front of the cape, with the left wing covered by a white square, leaving the right wing exposed.

- This design is heaven-themed, so I messed around a little bit with Goddess' Feather Brooch.

7aeOi.png

- I stuck that sticker to the inside of the cape to give a little bit of an illusion that she had angel wings, furthering the heaven theme. I wanted it to be a subtle touch, but unfortunately, it's so subtle that they're hardly noticeable in battle. It still feels nice to know that it's there, though.

Wind never gets any respect.

I designed these two with a clear theme of the sky/heaven in mind.
MOwUD.jpg

Not really much backstory to this one, I'm afraid. Whenever a game has a custom character mode, I usually make a self-insert character. I guess I just thought of what I'd look like if I were a swordsman in the late 16th-early 17th century and had it fit with my main fighting style.

Design Notes:
- Credit goes to Gatsu for the use of Feathers of Strength as shoulder armor. The idea was stolen from his Trishna chracter, seen here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/gatsus-official-temple-of-teh-random-cas-stuff.11076/page-4

- I know it's a tux, but I really, really wish that bowtie wasn't there. We already have a bunch of different bowties in the neckwear section as well as another one in special equipment.

-UPDATE 6/19/: Baihu Coat, Slacks, Leather Shoes, and Tiger Lily Gauntlets swapped for Tuxedo Coat, Leather Pants, Tuxedo Shoes, and Rocker's Gloves

- Heaven theme conserved with gold phoenix sticker on back. Additions: folded wings sticker on lapel, lotus flower sticker on front, spread wings sticker on inside of coattails.

- Cardigan undergament exchanged for back and arm wounds on armor break.
v9qD1.jpg

Design notes:
- Back in SC4, I picked up Cassy as a main, so I went and made a CaS for that fighting style, too. I based it on a genderbend of my main CaS, so some of the color scheme and design ideas are similar between her and Pascusio.

- Motif 59 was used to create a vest-skirt divide and as a figure-flattering technique.

- The bottom of Isis' Breastplate stickes out of the Nurse's Uniform, so I colored it to blend in and stuck a white, upside triangle sticker to the exposed part by view.

- Motif 22 was used on the front of the cape, with the left wing covered by a white square, leaving the right wing exposed.

- This design is heaven-themed, so I messed around a little bit with Goddess' Feather Brooch.

7aeOi.png

- I stuck that sticker to the inside of the cape to give a little bit of an illusion that she had angel wings, furthering the heaven theme. I wanted it to be a subtle touch, but unfortunately, it's so subtle that they're hardly noticeable in battle. It still feels nice to know that it's there, though.
I love little touches like the wing stickers... especially since these are fairly clean and proper designs. It makes their discovery mean more if you do see them.
:)

Ooh, I like Celia. I don't usually like more modern or uniform-inspired designs, but that one is surprisingly appealing to me. The wings on the inside of the cape were a great idea, and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for white, gold and blue. Very lovely. :)

I've experimented a bit with the idea of elemental themes before, myself; might post my older pair a little later, and maybe see if I can come up with anything new. I've been meaning to round out the set, so maybe this thread can give me some inspiration.

You guys really outdid yourself with these...my favourite so far are Chobek's incredibly eerie and mesmerizing designs...but the Neptune from DJ double (snap quality aside) looks darn intriguing too...and of course Matty's take on the theme is very good, as usual...i know this aint a contest, so i am just stating a personal opinion, as the CAS newb i am (lol ;o)).
Chobek, your Water is flabberghastingly amazing, especially the work of art that the head is...

Back