Challenge... Lost Culture

chobek

[13] Hero
The challenge is this....

Their culture lived and died without history to remember it.

Who, What, Where....When.... How did they become lost?

Post as much as you would like on this ... a single image or a body of text... with multiple characters.
No Time - No Limits.

(so ... there ya go... this has been stuck in my head)

brunfull.jpg
I was at work last night when I came up with this so it isn't really ...thought out yet.... but I decided to post anyway. The idea behind it is still a little convoluted... here goes. Basically she is from a mixture of two dissimilar cultures. A Ship caring women and children escaping from an invaded northern European village (pre written language) is hopelessly lost at sea ... and eventually wrecks itself on the beach of a small but fertile tropic island.
I became interested in what their myths would become ... when surrounded by a natural world that did not connect to their stories or traditions... What would stories of seasons mean... large furry animals... Ice??? What would be kept ... what would be reinvented ....
So I start simply wit Brun and a crude mashing of elements... furs replaced with feathers ... metalwork with carved shells and polished stones...... actual artifacts from the past and I threw in a snowflake totem to hint at the old ways that had become sacred and mysterious.... I have other thoughts but ...that's all for now. :)
brunhead.jpg
brunside.jpg
bruntophead.jpg
brunweap.jpg
brunweaptoo.jpg

You really gave her an exotic, tropical feel. All the patterns seem to be concentrated around the upper body, leaving her lower body a bit plain by comparison. Other then that, she's gorgeous. I'll see if I can come up with anything to match this "lost culture" challenge, but it's pretty damn vague.

You really gave her an exotic, tropical feel. All the patterns seem to be concentrated around the upper body, leaving her lower body a bit plain by comparison. Other then that, she's gorgeous. I'll see if I can come up with anything to match this "lost culture" challenge, but it's pretty damn vague.
Yeah she is a bit top heavy.... I will take a look at that again... I still have some tweaking to do on her :)

...sorry about the vague.... I kind of like it when I have one concept in my head and am surprised by another's interpretation or solution... So I try to leave things open. :) I wanted to leave room for a variety of regins and climates and time periods.... This way anything from Atlantis to a post Apocalypse moon base could work out if someone wanted to twist it that way.

Good luck!

well... let me try (sorry for bad english)

Demons of sand
Basically were like pirates, but lived in the sands, in the desert in the Middle East
Exiles of the Persian Empire after the great plague which killed 1/3 people, the demons of Sand were the rest of the infected and the poor who were sent into the desert to die. The infected died lost in the wilderness, but a small group of uninfected found a cave and deepen it, found a large river that saved them and there began a tribe. They named the River as "The Cure" and worshiped for believing that was a source of divine life, since they believed they were infected with the plague as well. At first, they lived by fishing in that river and hunting the animals on the desert.
All trade coming in the main port of the East had to cross a road through the desert to go to the great civilizations. Then, over the decades, they built tunnels that cut all trade routes that existed in these deserts and became Pirates of the sand. Their attacks were by surprise, coming out from inside of the sand, and very fast, attacking in great numbers and dressed in animal skin masks, so the victims believed they weren't being attacked by humans but demons and were afraid to react as they were looted.

Altarejo 1.jpg
Altarejo 2.jpg
Altarejo 3.jpg
Altarejo 4.jpg

Nice job, Rdmunhoz. The open shirt, ragged pants, eyepatch, and splotchy bandana were fashionable choices for a swashbuckling pirate character.. If you're gonna put scars on his chest though, you may as well put them front and center (otherwise ADD kids like myself will miss them). You can also consider adding in a few splashes of bright colors. See Prince of Persia for example.
the-fresh-prince-of-persia_o_1109507.jpg

hehehehee thanks... that's a great idea heheeh
But if you want to see the best prince of persia in this forum... take a look in Gatsu's gallery
I must say that the texture of the vest, I stole from his work hehe

Wow all of these are awesome. I am on an iPad so I am having trouble typing .... But wow!

I didn't expect this thread to pick so much momentum. Awesome shit everywhere.

Thanks, i usually don't take part in many challenges since i won one with my alien hooker, plus i completely disregard rules in general, but i love those guys (Cho&Bek), so i wanted to support their thread and give it my best shot and not just recycle my Yucatec, though i think it still stands the test of time.

Tupakan, the mayan ritual priest (the one doing rolling head sacrifices)

For this one, i went for a different coiffe, and had to change the tatoos so they are visible again, the base is still the warrior, but as you can see, a lot of changes to make a different persona...
also changed the style to Leixia's nimble one with adequate golden plated weapon...

ccnve2tpfvt4efv37.jpg

ccnvfuvvs9yqcj603.jpg

ccnvfoaqwtnos26g3.jpg

ccnvg7joaxlvviotf.jpg

ccnvgesypv163x9gj.jpg

ccnvgn3axozcv87xf.jpg

ccnvhjooj555p3uar.jpg

Now the hardest challenge for me will to make a female mayan, then i am done...hope Chobek come by and see that, i followed the rules, yes i did !!!

Back