Character moves you can STK B+G?

Possession

[08] Mercenary
I know you can STK B+G Yoshi's helicopter move(don't know the name), and also Taki's hovers. I was wondering if there are any other moves you can STK B+G.

Kilik : 236 A+B; grounded A+B
Cass and soph: two unblockable, 11AA and 8B+K (not sure about the command)
Taki: A+K
Mitsu: 8A+B

Well, I guess using stalker drop as a punisher gives you style points, especially if it's used against someone's strat core. Unfortunately, not very many come to mind when I'm thinking of stuff like that. The main thing has already been mentioned: Taki's own Hover mixups.

You can also punish Zas's triple hit unblockable if he's trying to be cute or something.

I find it useful vs Talim
I also used it against a Tira user that spammed a jump hit (think it is 9 :B:+:K: :B: not sure thoe)

This thread just spurred a curious thought...

Who wins between Taki STK B+G and Astaroth 28B+G? =O

it depends. between who does the move first. if asty does it and taki follows (very shortly) she gets him and vice versa

you sprang a thought onto me and i decided to follow up on it =)

Fucking excellent! I like how quick this was brought up. I mentioned starting a Stalker Drop thread in the Top 10 thread. Ok here are the characters I know of that can be punished by the drop and their corresponding moves: Sophie/Cass's 9b+k unblockable, Yoshi's SDRG, Mitsu's 8_9b+k, Cervy's 4b+k, and Taki's Po:236.

Also, lets say you were to land Po 236 B stun combo and ended with Po:k. BUT...Your opponent knows about her Bomb mix-ups after shaking Po:k and is conditioned into jumping the bomb(s). BANG! Stalker Drop. It works. Any jump, not just a jumping attack. You're opponent can stand alone jump and still get dropped. Let that marinate for a bit. Then do work baby.

=( But most of the players I play only jump when they see you do the unblockable one.... which can't be mekki'd nor canceled.

Conditioning them to jump just to be punished with a Stalker Drop would be really good. It'd give them that 'wtf' moment that you can take advantage of.

You can also punish easy-to-see newbie spammable moves with it, like Cervy's 4B+K and BB 4B+K. Don't even have to anticipate it. You can just react to it and do it really late and it'll still connect. And I dunno if you wanna. But you can also punish his teleport, 2146 and 214:6 with it if you're so inclined.

For Lizzie, you can punish his Crawl B with it even if you were hit with a non-knockdown move prior to it. You're going to have to anticipate it or Stalker drop will be interrupted. You can also punish his WR KKK if you block the first hit, then step towards his offhand.

For Sophie, you can Stalker Drop all the followups but K after 8A+K on block. Don't need to anticipate, just block the first hit, see if they're doing the K followup then just drop them.

You can also punish Maxi's LO B (that leaping GB downward double hammer blow). with it if you recognize the stance and just want to reposition yourself or something. Stalker certainly avoids LO KK (that sweep > backflip move) which comes out of the same loop.

For Kilik, you can punish grounded A+B and his unblockable, 236 MO A+B.

In addition to stalker, you can also punish Taki players that mess up and input WR BBB, WR BK or WR BB to attempt the A6~B+K WR B tech trap. To do this, you have to tech correctly after getting hit by A6 and just stalker drop them while the additional input prolongs their hangtime.

You can also punish a bunch of really crappy unblockables with it. I already mentioned Zas's. You can also punish Algol's, Lizzie's, Yun's and Mina's.

Great tips guys, had a lot of "Why didn't I stalker drop that shit before?!" moments when I tried it in my matches.

If you can air grab normal jumps you can probably grab ashura, has anyone tried?

/edit/ Ok well I tried and you can.

Conditioning them to jump just to be punished with a Stalker Drop would be really good. It'd give them that 'wtf' moment that you can take advantage of.

You can also punish easy-to-see newbie spammable moves with it, like Cervy's 4B+K and BB 4B+K. Don't even have to anticipate it. You can just react to it and do it really late and it'll still connect. And I dunno if you wanna. But you can also punish his teleport, 2146 and 214:6 with it if you're so inclined.

For Lizzie, you can punish his Crawl B with it even if you were hit with a non-knockdown move prior to it. You're going to have to anticipate it or Stalker drop will be interrupted. You can also punish his WR KKK if you block the first hit, then step towards his offhand.

For Sophie, you can Stalker Drop all the followups but K after 8A+K on block. Don't need to anticipate, just block the first hit, see if they're doing the K followup then just drop them.

You can also punish Maxi's LO B (that leaping GB downward double hammer blow). with it if you recognize the stance and just want to reposition yourself or something. Stalker certainly avoids LO KK (that sweep > backflip move) which comes out of the same loop.

For Kilik, you can punish grounded A+B and his unblockable, 236 MO A+B.

In addition to stalker, you can also punish Taki players that mess up and input WR BBB, WR BK or WR BB to attempt the A6~B+K WR B tech trap. To do this, you have to tech correctly after getting hit by A6 and just stalker drop them while the additional input prolongs their hangtime.

You can also punish a bunch of really crappy unblockables with it. I already mentioned Zas's. You can also punish Algol's, Lizzie's, Yun's and Mina's.

See, frost and I are on the same page. It's all about the wtf moment. That automatically instills a sense of cautiousness in your opponent. If you manage to Stk B+G someone when they think you're going to bomb mix-up after Po,k or any other set up then you're taking elements of their defense and offense away. Imagine how much easier you would have it against a Yoshi mastermind for Ex. if you took away his SDRG!? A LOT of his mix up comes from that stance, not to mention all of his aerial unblockables are STK B+G-able. The key is conditioning your opposition and anticipation.

Also keep in mind that this would only work on an high level player or a very spammy spammer. Seeing as the average player wouldn't think to react in such a manner. Pick and choose your opportunities for it. It is NOT abusable nor staple. Stk B+Ging a conditioned opp happens when both you and your opp are giving each other the fight of your lives. I.E. Shakes or evades all of each others set ups, knowing each other inside out. You're my boy frost! Sick post. I appreciate the open optimism you displayed as far as STK B+G.

This is how it starts, don't question the technique until you've tried it. This works and can be efficiently applied to your defensive game with practice. Just don't expect it right away and start off slow. Baby steps. Go find an online cervy who is 4B+K happy. Shouldn't be too hard lol!

Man, and here I made this thread thinking of ways to get style points.

I had no idea you could stalker drop regular jumps.

does air grab still reach if they jump backwards?
I usually do PO K, 4A+B,B since it comes out faster than A+B.

does air grab still reach if they jump backwards?
I usually do PO K, 4A+B,B since it comes out faster than A+B.

Yep, Stk B+G can grab retreating jumps. It's like a vacuum lol. Just sucks them in. Keep in mind your timing has to be nee-jerk reaction. But that's where the conditioning helps.

Yep, Stk B+G can grab retreating jumps. It's like a vacuum lol. Just sucks them in. Keep in mind your timing has to be nee-jerk reaction. But that's where the conditioning helps.

Haha, I actually pulled this off in a match. The "what the fuck" expression from my friend was priceless.

Back