Controller Suggestions?

anyquestions321

[09] Warrior
So I play on the 360, and the standard 360 controller, well, sucks *cough DPad cough*.
Any suggestions on a controller/fightpad? Arcade sticks and hitboxes look nice, but they cost a bit too much for me (unless there's a good one out there under, say, $50). I've checked out some stuff like the Razer Onza, SF x Tekken Fightpad, SF4 Fightpad, and PDP's Versus Controller, but I want to get some opinions on 8WR before I buy anything.
Well, let me know what you think! :)

If you are looking for a pad; it might be cheapest to find a good PS2 to 360 converter. PS2 pad is still as good as it ever was.

Alternatively, the Mazcatz pads they made for SF4 are pretty good too.

franman or suckingmaw:
How easy is it to input stuff like 236 or any of the intermediate directions (like 1 or 3) on a PS2 controller?
If I only had the funds for a hitbox :(

And just making sure, I won't get banned from XBL or anything if I use a converter like
http://etokki.com/Xtokki360
right?

anyquestions321, I only tried the PS2 controller on day 1; since I use Cervantes, I mainly iGDR using 214B input and it requires precision and sharp timing; I was able to nail it around 80% on my first day. So I would assume moves like 1, 3, 236 are better transitioned on this pad than on any other pad I've tried except maybe the Hori Fighting Commander Pro 3, which is only for the PS3 btw.
Also in regards to the Madcatz MLG pad, the price is about $100 so that's beyond anyquestions' budget range. Before consider buying, I would look at the average user ratings. For me, at least 20 users that give an average of 4 or above out of 5 I would consider buying. In Amazon.com, I would look for these factors first then I would look for reasons based on users who gave low scores and find a common point.

So in this case, Madcatz MLG pad for the Xbox 360 has an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 by 42 customers, I hunt those users who gave a low score and analyze their reasoning. I put their reasoning together and learned that the quality is poor, controller shuts itself down, and the buttons tend to stick down after a couple of weeks.

Your welcome anyquestions. I hope you read the spoiler since it tells how I look at a product before consider buying.

I'm pretty sure Malek, a top French competitive player uses PS2 controller w/converter as well as other French players including some North Americans.

For me I first used a Microsoft controller with transforming dpad *the new silver ones* and it was great until the dpad snapped off completely. I looked at the Madcatz MLG controller and went with that since I could use the PS dpad. Sadly, that dpad broke a couple weeks in lmfao... so I went back to the normal Xbox dpad which broke after roughly 6months as well as an analog stick. I did look at the Razer Onza and the consensus I saw is that it was god awful... I finally decided to go with the SCV arcade stick and am expecting it in a week. The best IMO is the 360 with transforming d-pad *most quality at of any controller* followed by the MLG. But I agree with those above, if you have no trouble playing on a PS dpad, go with a PS controller and convert it.

Back