Cool new Zas finds...

I've had a lot of fun an success lately with the standard slide attack, mixing throws/66B+K/slide. After the slide connects you can immediately jump over your opponent and enter BT, mixing the usual B+K and 2K. Likewise there are occasions where you can jump over your opponent after the left side throw (the one where he jumps on your opponent, driving them in his scythe) entering BT aswell, only works when they don't ukemi. You can mix it up with 9A

Does anyone know when 6B+K passes over the other guy's head and pulls them in on block? Sometimes when they step G, when they crouch block, and sometimes when they're recovering from moves...
Do you think you could "punish" some moves with a blocked 6B+K for advantage?

6B+K will go over some characters' heads after Jump B on hit, but there really aren't any practical ways to get the first hit pass over besides the opponent ducking, or on wakeup.

Yeah. And I dunno who is letting him 66[6]K but they must be really conditioned to not eat a running mid.

yeah you're probably right, i do play the same guys over and over most of the time, when they stopped getting hit by 66B+K, slide jump BT B+K really helped.

Well basic anti-rushing technic with spamming BB when he see you dashing in will cut off your mix-up.

3AB tech traps after 66K all directions. 1AB techs right on 44K, depending on proximity BB4 techs 66K. 3AB is more useful though.

Sometimes 1AB misses COMPLETELY and Zas ends up BT recovering from the disadvantage. Foolishness.

its like Ivy's SC2 ST 2A

New(?) Zas CH 4B tech trap information!

CH 4B -> 44B_44B4 tracks left, back, forward and launches REALLY far behind you. BT B+K will usually be out of range!
-> 66A+B tracks right, back, forward, for 82 damage max.
-> 6BA tracks backwards only, but sets up wall combos/RO
-> 4K tracks all directions on medium/large sized characters, but midgets like Amy can escape right.
-> 66BB tracks back and left, but is very character-specific.

So what move gives your opponents some incentive to tech and make these traps viable? Still working on that, ha ha. 66A+B can hit ground layers, but is terribly inconsistent. :(

44B+K -> 44B4 tech traps, escapable right. Hits grounded.
44B+K -> 66A+B tech traps, escapable left. Hits grounded on most characters.
44B+K -> 3AB, traps all.

44B+K is a trap after most of Zas's launchers and trap setups, but it only works against back-rollers. Side rolls will escape it.

The 2nd hit of CH b:K will cause an unshakable stun if the first hit whiffs.

For characters who are too small to connect 3B4, 4A+B on normal hit, use 3B4, 6A+B[ B ] instead. It's only 36 damage, but they also are forced to stand and block the Guard Break followup. If they try to roll, they will eat the followup for an extra 35 damage. This is not ACable or escapable like I previously thought.

Hmmm... Amy, Cass, Sophie, Tira, Talim, Kilik.....that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there may be more. Most of characters with smaller hitboxes.

Well AFAIK, you can only Just Ukemi in one direction. If you try to JU out of an uncharged BT B+K, it works as an auto-techtrap, resulting in you taking more damage than if you would have just let the combo finish. With a fully charged BT [B+K], you can JU out of it sometimes, depending which side you're on, but you also run the risk of it catching you on block, which isn't good because it's +6. I believe you can JU and then GI a fully charged BT [B+K] though. Lord knows edgemaster AI does. :/

Back