Crane Stance System

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
You have several options out of Crane (CR) however DO NOT SPAM IT. Note that CR no longer has the sidesteps. Land Walk and Crane Swoop also no longer exist.

-CR 5 (neutral) - auto-evade and counter that is activated by verticals. However, this will only evade weapon-based verticals i.e. kicks and body based moves (like Asta's 4B and bullrush nor unblockables) will still hit you. Plus you're in a constant impact counter state so you'll suffer CH effects and damage.
- CR A is a horizontal that stuns on regular hit leading to good combos.
- CR B is a fast high attack good for counter hitting those who try to interrupt.
- CR K tech jumps and can be cancelled before hit or with a just frame on hit for advantage. Loops back into CR.
- CR 2KK is a fast low to mid that combos naturally.
- CR 8K knocks down on its own but when done to an airborne opponent has an auto follow-up kick.
- CR A+B no longer has the auto-GI but can be charged.
- CR A+K is a relatively quick low that tech crouches and loops back into CR.
- CR B+K is that familiar linear mid GC. Distance moved can be controlled with 4 and 5. Hold B+K to cancel the attack into CR. Press G to cancel the attack.
- CR BT B+K is a backflip that can be looped into CR by holding B+K or cancelled into regular stance.

I am always a fan of CR 2K and CR 8K also.

I know all, or I think I know all of his transitions to Crane, and I was wondering which ones are better to do on block, if any of them.

Right now, I am mainly using 3[K], 6[A], and 2B[K] but I know he has several more, but I feel like I always get hit out of them. I am not sure if they are worse, or better, but I was just curious which transitions are better.

I am sure all or most of them are good on hit, but I am curious if any of them are actually bad on hit also.

Well since you're curious I'll devote my night to some testing with known frame data. From what I remember most of his transitions seem awkward and are quite noticeable. Plus some moves automatically go into CR (ex. 2BK). Would've been cool if they let you decide whether to go into CR from that move since it's high.

• All CR transitions are either neutral or advantageous on block except for 33_99. You'll likely be hit out of that one on block before you can do anything. You can count 1KkG if you like since he can be hit out of it before the auto-evade activates (Yun's 2B beat it on hit).

• CR K is (-) on block. However CR K:G is (+). Tested with a CR B after. CR K CR B is interruptable and sidesteppable. CR K:G CR B is neither interruptable nor sidesteppable. It beats Yun's KK.

That is very nice to know. I really wasn't aware of CR K:G and it is good to know that CR B is unsteppable and not interruptable.

Thanks, it helps a bunch.

I might test myself just to see what he can get against some characters after his transitions if they give him advantage. I often do CR K after I go into CR, but I might wanna try B if I expect to be interrupted. I really haven't tested it.
I do wanna try and see how CR K:G and CR K work out incase people react by using 2A or other really good TC moves.

None of his attacks into CR give him true advantage on block EXCEPT CR K:G. You can counter their responses with the options in CR however.

On HIT however EVERY attack that ends in CR gives enough adv, to make CR K, CR 2KK and CR B pretty much uninterruptable, some are steppable etc. IN some cases CR A is hard to interrupt.
CR K:G gives the most advantage on hit and block PERIOD. ON CH, CR K:G -> CR B is a combo, and CR A is uninterruptable for the most part.

Big discovery for you all! After testing for Bibulus I've found that Yun's auto-evade needs 10 frames to activate.

Frames don't mean much to ya? Here's a situation. You K another Yun and he blocks. You're at -6. If he tries a BB after that an immediate B+K transition will auto-evade and counter him.

Brewtus' Crane suggestions are worth a read. It's not always about damage.

Originally posted by Brewtus Bibulus
Ok here is my CR guide for dummies... take it for what it is here goes

CR options - CR A - Kills GI attempts and step combos from this are CR K:G, CR B, 1K2K, 66K... if walls or RO are available switch 1K2K with 1K,K and for wall combo Im partial to 3B, 1K,K~G and using CR A+K and A+B to mixups for wakeup... those options work for CH CR B as well. On guard your pretty fucked I usually stand still to try and evade or use an A+K or B to kill A's and slower moves respectively... you give CH from just being there so it doesnt hurt to try and do something

CR B - interupt for CH damage at advantage... also good if someone wants to try and backdash because its got reach... fastest CR attack and high break priority... CH options see above standing NH is disadvantage so use defensive options if your opponent utilizes their advantage

CR K:G - I really try not to use the normal K because the rare CH combo youll net isnt worth the lack or pressure if you guess wrong. On guard 2K,K and K and B stop all your opponents options for interupting so unless they sidestep its pretty GG and if they do CR A and A+K still track. CH gives CR B combo but no stun followup unless your already in a stun combo

CR A+K - TC tracking low that knocks down and hits grounded... what else can you ask for? CR B+K~G in wakeup from this and CH 2K,K gives BT mixups unless they tech forwards in which case they go back towards more CR mixups. This move is also the crux of CR wakeup because it stops sideroll cold and forces a hit level mixup

CR A+B and [A+B] - Mids that are slower then K but still pretty solid on hit I believe they both give free 1K,K~G CR wakeup. They also hit grounded and the delay version tracks so if the opponent siderolls and lays there they are gonna wish they didnt... thats like all I use this for tho because killing GI i use A for because of superior damage (not to say Im not going to take the opportunity when its laid out before me and Im delaying A+B and see someone whiff GI) and its slower then CR K and doesnt have a JF that gives advantage. This move does seem to be his longest range CR mid tho aside from CR B+K

CR 2K,K - This move is BOSS! Low NC that gives advantage to make everything but delay A+B, B+K and A frame trap and while Ive heard you can use CR [A+B] to tech trap after it Im partial to B+K~G to jump over the downed opponent and take BT wakeup

If people have more ideas feel free to contribute

And now for CR SETUPS!

My personal fav is anywhere you get 1K,2K to hit on the ground take 1K,K~G and take one free hit and CR wakeup

More when I get in front of a console and can think

Hi. I think this is my first post here. Yun's CR 5 auto-evade does not work against weapon-based vertical unblockable attacks. This really sucks, but oh well. Just wanted you to know... maybe you can modify the blurb on the top post to mention this.

Alrighty Yun lovers. The CR B+K GC just leveled up. On block it gives you a free BB. Free 30 damage is good. Take it. I've gotten a highly inconsistent 2BK on Vader after it too but I don't recommend going for it.

It also grants you a free 3K. This is where the mindgames get strong. After 3[K] on hit EVERYTHING in CR except for CR A is a frame trap. They can't sidestep any of it either so you've literally forced them into a mixup. So what about poor CR A? Well if they try to GI after 3[K] then take your CR A combo. Yun just got fiercer kiddies.

The problem with CR B+K is I can't set it up, ever. People usually just step when they see it.

Mikosu, do you have any setups for CR B+K?

The problem with CR B+K is I can't set it up, ever. People usually just step when they see it.

Mikosu, do you have any setups for CR B+K?
So far I've only used it during CR pressure. My general pattern is CR A+K x2 then CR 4B+K when they stand. If they roll after the first CR A+K I CR 4[B+K] or CR KG to stay near. It's been workin' for me everytime so far.

So far I've only used it during CR pressure. My general pattern is CR A+K x2 then CR 4B+K when they stand. If they roll after the first CR A+K I CR 4[B+K] or CR KG to stay near. It's been workin' for me everytime so far.

Could you possibly show a video of this strat, it looks interesting, and I would love to improve my total yun game including my crane strats.

Could you possibly show a video of this strat, it looks interesting, and I would love to improve my total yun game including my crane strats.
I was gonna get recorded by emo_prinny but I may not have internet due to life crap. I'll get something when I can though.

Back