Current Build has placeholder for 20 Characters

Voldo and Astaroth are practically guaranteed, as are Yoshimitsu and Cervantes.
I am not so sure Yoshi and Cervantes will be in at launch. The new dual blade character may replace him while Yoshi can be delayed into a dlc pack for sure.
You have others like Raphael and Yung unaccounted for. I think we will be seeing Amy/Viola because Capcom and Namco are kind of buddies and that sf5 copy seems a bit out of place.

Actually, the parent of the twin blade... It could only really be Cervantes or Algol if it's not new... I hate Algol...

Last edited:
I hate Algol...
Why? He's probably my favorite character. I understand he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he isn't very obnoxious or anything. The only thing I can think of is the potential gun spam, but to be honest they could replace most of his projectile moves with something else.

Yeah. I think 2 when they were new faces, 4 when they were expected.

I might be in the minority. But I actually liked Natsu more than Taki. But don't mind Taki coming back as a top ninja

To illustrate I mean. I like Natsu hair more, and general color scheme. But Taki is just such a classic that I will enjoy either. I will likely try to make a create a soul Natsu though.

Natsu was the one replacement character that wasn't bad if you look at them.

As for my disgust for Algol, he can cause foreground bullet occlusions with his slow bullets and his weapon shapeshifts like Necrid. Weapons materializing out of thin air in a weapon fighting game is just annoying. I don't have a problem with range attacks in general, but his were stupid and spamfest.

Viola was fine since it was a consistent ball. Link was fine with his bow. Ezio was fine with his crossbow. Devil Jin was even fine... Algol... Not fine.

You are only complaining because she was top tier in the game, not because of her style. There is a difference between her remote orb attacks and Algol's Necrid/HandsMutatingIntoCannons that shoot into the screen crap.

Oh I missunderstood, I thought you were refering to Necrid and Algol being more OP than Viola.

In that case I agree with you, even though it's a fantasy game, the fact Algol could turn his arm into a canon and materialize a throne out of no where is annoying to me too, I don't like Algol at all as a character for Soul Calibur.

Oh I missunderstood, I thought you were refering to Necrid and Algol being more OP than Viola.

In that case I agree with you, even though it's a fantasy game, the fact Algol could turn his arm into a canon and materialize a throne out of no where is annoying to me too, I don't like Algol at all as a character for Soul Calibur.

Leixia made Algol's moves not matter in SCV. Xianghua will do the same in SCVI and she'll have Leixia damage which is great.

Actually, I sometimes think Algol is literally the worst character ever to be added to the series. And that includes guests. Design and mechanics just so bad...

You can chalk it up to incompleteness, but I was always a little bothered that SoulCalibur V's Algol still used the SoulCalibur IV versions of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge. And you could take that a step back further in SoulCalibur IV too, why the swords would take those forms, and not their original forms. Unless the implication is that the SoulCalibur IV forms are the original forms, and Cervantes/Nightmare and Xianghua got them wrong, but then that raises even more questions...

You can chalk it up to incompleteness, but I was always a little bothered that SoulCalibur V's Algol still used the SoulCalibur IV versions of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge. And you could take that a step back further in SoulCalibur IV too, why the swords would take those forms, and not their original forms. Unless the implication is that the SoulCalibur IV forms are the original forms, and Cervantes/Nightmare and Xianghua got them wrong, but then that raises even more questions...
I think Yoda is a better character than Algol. That's how much he sucks from my point of view. Horrible design, floats through the air for his walk, teleports chairs around, his arms mutate into cannons and both swords... Shoots spikes out of his back... the list of bad designs all in one just keeps going.

To illustrate I mean. I like Natsu hair more, and general color scheme. But Taki is just such a classic that I will enjoy either. I will likely try to make a create a soul Natsu though.

This is what I'm hoping for actually, that they will give us the tools to create any old character with ease (rather than cheap-looking knockoffs) so that it won't matter how small the roster is. I doubt creation will ever be that detailed but it makes the pill easier to swallow knowing that we can at least try.

With regards to Algol, I don't like him too much but I'd like to see what he would be like in the past (before he made the sword replicas) so perhaps they could remove his chair and projectile stuff (since he'd just be a regular guy, albeit a king). Of course some players would miss his old style so I'm not sure they'd go down this route, but I like the idea of characters being accurate to the point in their lives.

It seems like returning characters get revealed at certain points afaik. In general I'd assume from memory. Sophitia (and her kids) and Mitsurugi always seem to get revealed early:

Early Reveals: Taki/Natsu, Voldo, Maxi, newbie, Ivy (usually after the first batch of reveals), Siegfried, Nightmare, Tira

Mid Reveals: Astaroth, Kilik, Xianghua, newbie, Raph, Talim, Koreans

Late Reveals: Setsuka, Lizardman, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, newbie, mimic, Zas. CAS is also shown around this time for those interested.

Of course these aren't exactly perfect (Nightmare and Raph were mid-late for V for example along with Leixia and Ezio)

I'd expect mainstays to show up early. And I don't remember the order of IV's reveals. But I'm pretty certain character reveal always tend to be around the same order more or less.

Back