Daishi tweets awesome SCV cosplay; Harada tweets fans should have "hope".

Even if it were just CaS parts , I would be content with that . I'm hoping we get the rest of the what was promised to us ;_;

If they dont fix what SCV left out or messed up, you'd basically be doing that for SCVI anyway if you think about it. I dont think the requested content has to be on another disc but most likely it would just be a seperate release. Though I'd be more disappointed if all this post is from Harada is just the continuation of releasing CAS parts.
I would pay for a new game, since the story would (logically) be different, while still clearing things up. With SCV we got "Guys, here is your new game 17 years later, stuff happened, but we didn't implemented them yet, so believe whatever you want and give us your money". I hope that SCVI or SCAoD would rather be "that just happened before SCV" AND THEN the story would go on to finish SCV, or else "just after SCV", with explanations of what happened throughout the game.

But what I really meant is, if they release a SSCV for $60 bucks just for a completed story mode, that would totally rape me, since I paid *quick math* around twice the price of the game buying these swindles of a DLC to support Project Soul. However, if there was a story mode DLC for $10, I would buy it (or maybe not, 'cause it would piss me off).

And if Harada meant continuation of CAS parts, I'm gonna buy a ticket to Japan, hunt him down and show him some fighting skills I have :D

I doubt very much that Project Soul will release anything now on PS3, On the other hand ...they might.... but thats just wishful thinking on my part; after all - they've had plenty of time to add whatever to SCV. I think we have to face it that Soul Calibur v isn't going to have any new input into it from the PS Team. And if there is another Soul Calibur instalment its clearly going to be for PS4 - Which means that everyone who loves the soul Calibur series will end up buying a PS4 console and a new SC game including DLC should there be any.

The gritty reality is- PS has moved on from soul calibur v- and thusly so should we. Whatever shape or form this new project Harada has spoken briefly about- means we'll just have to wait and see..... I just hope they don't do a scv on us, or indeed listen too much to online chatter from us fans here on this website, Facebook, Twitter etc or pearls of 'wisdom' from tourney players.

Because- frankly- it's impossible to please everyone. And expectation is basically a biotch. On the other hand if Project Soul churns out another incomplete game- they know fans will buy it. And we know we'll buy it too. They know we know they know we know. Ya know?

thug life

And if Harada meant continuation of CAS parts, I'm gonna buy a ticket to Japan, hunt him down and show him some fighting skills I have :D

This is exactly how I feel about FF Versus XIII (or whatever title it has now). Now that it's coming close to the 7th anniversary of it's unveiling, I feel like it'll be a Duke Nukem.

On the topic of AoD being DLC for SCV...
I. NEED. THOSE. ASHURA. ARMS.
..and the rest of the stuff we had icons for.

If it is a SC6 teaser, i'd actually rather have it be a next gen game. NOT a launch title, a next gen game that has a substantial amount of development time. That way it's release date could potentially coincide with a price drop for the PS4. (I'm not even going to mention the 720 given the recent twitter incident [like... what in the actual fuck?])

If it's a Vita version of SCV, i'd be perfectly ok with it. As long as it has;
  • all of the content found on SCV, including the various DLC's
  • Additional CaS pieces. (Comparable to SC4->SCBD addition of pieces)
  • OPTIONAL/NOT MANDATORY in battle touch controls. Menu touch navigation is ok
  • Additional Single-Player content would be a bonus, but I can live without it.

In terms of AoD being/having additional story content; i'll probably buy it but I don't think they can salvage much from the current canonical ending. Maybe AoD will explain what happened in the 17 year gap? (i just got excited!)

Releasing a Vita version instead of a next-gen version will get me from "The Legend Will Never Die" to "The Legend Died years Ago"... I bought my PSP for BD, but I won't buy a Vita for AoD...

If it's a Vita version of SCV, i'd be perfectly ok with it. As long as it has;
  • all of the content found on SCV, including the various DLC's
  • Additional CaS pieces. (Comparable to SC4->SCBD addition of pieces)
  • Additional Single-Player content would be a bonus, but I can live without it.
  • Now this I extremely disagree with, but it's the way you worded it. SCV Vita gets everything and more but the home consoles don't. This was the case of SCBD.

I disagree with this statement. Fighting games have short play times per match, yet they manage to have tons of depth. This makes them the perfect portable action game (specially now that there's Wifi and you can play online just about anywhere at any time).

Any format with useless multiplayer options are useless for fighting games, and sends the wrong directional method to consumer and the fanbase. Don't do it. SC:BD was a wasted opportunity to revitalize the SC4 scene, and the majority of people who played it got nothing out of it but mastubatory nonsense. All the changes were pointless because there was no environment for them. Mode to teach people to play? What is the point where there is a shitty and pointless multiplayer option on a portable system.

Waste of resources and a pure casual cash grab.

Fighting games on portables are a waste of time.

I definitely agree in terms of skill sharpening. However if they've already got everything built and if PS/Higher up's think the effort it will take to transfer to a portable will be justified by potential sales, I don't think its such a waste.
As a fan of Soul Calibur, I want to see it live on.
As a scrubby doll-dressing casual, I'm a fan of most of the things a portable port of SCV could give.
With both of those things in mind, I wouldn't hate it if AoD was a Vita port. I could get my own little jollies off with my dolls and simultaneously financially support PS. And should this Vita port have any CaS DLC; I'll mindlessly buy it just like I did for SCV.
Now the down side to all of this is as consumers continue to support portable ports and CaS, PS/Namco start to cater to those figures and requests. It's sort-of an internal conflict for me because I would hate for SC to suffer the same fate of the Resident Evil games; but who doesn't like being able to poop and dress up Ivy in a bunny costume?

Any format with useless multiplayer options are useless for fighting games, and sends the wrong directional method to consumer and the fanbase. Don't do it. SC:BD was a wasted opportunity to revitalize the SC4 scene, and the majority of people who played it got nothing out of it but mastubatory nonsense. All the changes were pointless because there was no environment for them. Mode to teach people to play? What is the point where there is a shitty and pointless multiplayer option on a portable system.

Waste of resources and a pure casual cash grab.
While I agree on the fact that Broken Destiny was a waste, the PS Vita has an online functionality that is nearly identical to the Ps3's. It even allows for cross-platform play. I think an extended version of SCV including a free upgrade for the console version would be a great way to revive interest in the game outside of 8WR.

Though a whole new console game would be a million times better, of course.

I might get some ennemies, but to me portable consoles appear more "childish" than hom console... I mean, I'm not gonna take my portable console to play between class when I teach, I'm not gonna take it during a family meeting, when going to the restaurant, or while planning a break at the beach. "I'm too old for this shit" xD I must be old too for home consoles, but it shows I can live without it :D Therefore, I will not have as much fun on a portable game. But hey, that's just my idea ^^

Anyway, who plans to buy a Vita to play the next SC game? I won't, 'cause either it's another failure and they'll take their last chance on PS4/Xbox3, or it's a success and they'll plan the next SC game on a next gen console.

....But hey, that's just my idea ^^

Anyway, who plans to buy a Vita to play the next SC game? I won't, 'cause either it's another failure and they'll take their last chance on PS4/Xbox3, or it's a success and they'll plan the next SC game on a next gen console.

I see tons of people playing portables all over campus, especially during Spring Semester when people just hang out wherever. My freshman year I had a roommate from Chubu uni that almost always had his PSP with him.
So, naturally we managed to jump over our language hurdle through him basically teaching me how to be boss at MHP2G. And as for Family meetings.. What are those? I think you mean funerals. I always brought my PSP/bring my Vita when i (had to) do laundry, and anytime I was traveling for long distances. For the time's I had to commute daily, it was the easiest way to occupy myself. In restaurants with certain people, I'll pull that bad boy out and wait until my meal arrives. I will admit that there are moments when I don't touch my PS3 or Vita for weeks, but I don't think there is such a thing as getting too old for something--especially gaming with the current shift in the image of "The Gamer". TBH, I see an increasingly large amount of people who will tote around Pokemon gaming systems (that's basically what they are), and not even try to hide it. The fact of the matter is, the majority of gamers/consumers aren't 13 year olds anymore. They are mostly men ranging from 20-30. The days of being a closeted gamer are over, and the archaic stereotypes of yesteryear have just faded into oblivion.

If there's a Vita version.. I'll most likely pick it up.
I'd rather have a PS4 game. End of Story.

I don't see the point in having a fighting game like soul calibur on vita let alone as an iPhone app/game.. or whatever. I'm sure I saw something that said soul calibur is available for the iphone... Personally I wouldn't buy either portable or game. As DB said I'd rather have a ps4 game.

Snip

If there's a Vita version.. I'll most likely pick it up.
I'd rather have a PS4 game. End of Story.
Just a matter of culture I assume, here I must admit I never see anyone with a portable console anywhere... I cannot imagine myself leaving home to play video games (except at a friend's), that's all :D

By family meetings, I mean seeing the whole family each month (we are a large family), or going abroad to see them. As for long distances journeys, well, I cannot play and drive safely xD

But I agree with you: PS4 game > the rest of our speculations.

Reactions: d_b
d_b said:
The fact of the matter is, the majority of gamers/consumers aren't 13 year olds anymore. They are mostly men ranging from 20-30. The days of being a closeted gamer are over, and the archaic stereotypes of yesteryear have just faded into oblivion.

Just wanted to cite this as an aside, in the interest of full disclosure.

As a "gamer" (loathe the word) myself, I'm kind of sad to see the social shaming aspect of the hobby go away. Then again, maybe it's because I never bought into it myself; preferring inherently social and competitive mediums of games from the get go. Whether it was shooting the shit with the arcade people over high scores (when that was a thing), or beating them head to head during the golden age of competitive arcade games, for me the only kind of acceptable non-social gaming activity was one which typically involved simulation/god games, mostly as mental exercise, and as those games have moved towards multi-player, I've welcomed it with open arms.

I grew out of JRPG's once I learned what they were all about (aka, post SNES era), and even the few WRPG's I play now (Skyrim for example) are always more about going to a friends house and both of us playing it when it's new in the same room, shooting the shit about the gaming experience as we discovered the sandbox world together. The very idea of playing a game, on the go via a portable, by myself, in public, is really strange to me. I've never really understood it, or gotten along with the types of people who do that kind of thing. Gaming in isolation, without the social component, to me is a bad look for games in general. So those are my ideological grounds for opposing what is inherently a multiplayer experience being put on a portable which cannot support the kind of genre-defining ideas that fighting games basically ARE.

Edit and PS: I don't hate people for their preferences in gaming, but in this life we all have to deal with one another and not everyone is going to agree. I'm not against any one persons preferences, merely that market forces derived from popularity dictate the direction certain ideas and franchises take. I am against the above because I do not feel the tonal shift of portable versions are good for the fighting game genre.

So you'd like even more people to be bothering you with inane chatter about their new favourite doujin schoolgirls anime fighting game when you're at a gathering or tournament? Seems legit.

Back