Dampierre Q&A / General Discussion

I have to ask, how is the frame data for Dampierre being filled out? Because the guide is probably not 100% percent accurate so everything should be double-checked.

Sigh...

I don't have the copy of the guide myself, so most of the damage section parts and frames I've done myself, I've had to refer to my friends own guide just before I left so I can get some info down to update on the wiki and then test via practice mode.

It's taking a while yes because well, I don't exactly have lots of time on my hands, but I do try and update and fill in what I can:)

AZ

I think I've also said in another thread that I'll be putting more focus into frame data after my exams in May, so it's likely that the wiki will remain if not changed a little until that time.

In between then you or others around can be testing and double checking frame data and stuff, just so we can get some progress going, have a look at the other SA wiki's most are near complete with the exception of JG data, reason being, the staff and the regular posters there have contributed their time together and filled out info. This SA isn't as active as the other popular ones like Ivy, Cervantes, Nighty etc... This doesn't mean to say I'll be slacking off, it's just how it is for the time being.

AZ

Hi, I had a few questions on Dampierre. I've gotten pretty good with him, but is there a way to Poker Bluff on demand, or at least a quicker way then doing the "corkscrew" or doing forward :A: and missing? (Not very good with the move names)

And how do you do those little kicks while on the ground? Is there an input to do it, or is pressing :K: during a Poker Bluff the only way?

There's no real way to "instantly" go into Poker's Bluff stance.

You can either do 66B, which will go into Poker's Bluff regardless of whether or not they block it, 3A (I'd do this one in the corner just for an attempt at the "infinite") into Fake Pain, 66K, which only goes into Poker's Bluff if they block it, 1K, which can lead to Fake Pain into Poker's Bluff (pressing B while in Fake Pain stance from 1k will make Dampierre do a guard break move which can catch most opponents off guard), 44K and its BE version will occasionally lead into Poker's Bluff and so will 22_88 K and its BE version, 623B has a chance of going into Poker's Bluff and so does B!E!, and finally, 4B can go into Poker's Bluff (but it's probably not the most reliable).

The ground kicks can only be used while in Poker's Bluff stance. You can do it by just pressing K while in the stance.

Poker Bluff B for self-wallsplat. It's amazing the kinds of things that will miss you when you're sliding down a wall and it turns you around to face your opponent for Poker Bluff B/A+G/B+G sadism that could well catch them in the recover animation of a move that whiffs due to your wallsplat
awesomen.gif

Just a little heads up, if an opponent is standing by the edge of the ring and they block FPB from close distance, you will ring out...crazy in a way but there you go.

Lucky I found this out in the lab.

AZ

Quick note: FC6B sends yellow in 10, red in 13, GB's in 15, I wonder now if standing moves from FC give better GC...a bit of stuff to think and explore on.

Also if you input B just as 1K hits, Dampierre will not say "Oww my foot", just stays silent.

AZ

Thanks guys. I screwed up pretty bad a few times and got unlucky a few times as well. Overall I learned two important things in the Siegfried matchup.

The first is that 33B BE on block into throw, whiffs on Siegfried. I do this on characters if after I train them to expect a mid after blocking 33B BE. I did some testing and it seems it completely doesn't work on characters, while on others it's only either the Guard Crush version or the non GC version that works. For example on Nightmare 33B BE (blocked) ~ A_B+G doesn't work, the GC version will. I plan to test this on every character and make a list of who this works on and who it doesn't, as I feel it's very important to know (at least for my type of playstyle).

The second important thing that I learned is that clockwise step into 11B isn't in fact the best thing to do after blocking Sieg's 3(B). Sure it avoids every followup that he can do, but the Siegfried can just guard right after doing 3(B) and then punish the blocked 11B with another 3(B). This makes it too risky to use 11B like that. A better alternative is 33B. Just like 11B it will beat out every stance attack option after blocking Sieg's 3(B), and it will also do similar damage if you BE it into B!E!, but if blocked it is much safer and of course it can also randomly give you free damage from the GC. However this isn't an end all option. If the Sieg player is smart and is expecting the 33B they will step the it and punish you hard, even with a free backthrow. But this won't work against 11B. So it really depends on who you're playing, and what they will do. I suggest starting off doing 11B against Sieg, and once he starts to block it, switch to 33B.

Overall Sieg vs Damp is a difficult matchup for Damp simply because Siegfried can control space better and it can give Dampierre problems getting in. But that's just what I'm seeing it as of now. I don't have that much Siegfried experience, so as I play more of them and understand the matchup better my mind may change on the matter.

I echo, well done OOF for placing Top 3, I learnt quite a few stuff along the way whilst watching apart from that ezio match, I like the hat as well, and moustache :).

...and they said Dampierre wasn't touney viable haha.

AZ

What changed your mind?

Congrats to OOF for his awesome play.

I played an awesome Siegfried called NOVASTAR a couple of months ago. We played about 12 games and I was able to win quite a few of them. I abused the TC properties 11B, 623B and I used Damp's great sidestep to get around a lot of his moves. It seems people are finally catching on to Damp's best moves and are anticipating them a lot more. I've been struggling to get in on Siegfried players now. :(

Funny thing is. I actually find Phyrra and Omega quite easy now that I've played against them more.

A little note regarding post-3(B) options against Sieg. Step into 11B or 33B can be countered if the 3(B) is blocked at close range if Siegfried realigns with a forward input in stance, then does SCH K to interrupt. Of course if he does this, the added time from trying to realign means you can counterhit him with something fast.

Also, step into 6B sounds like a solid option. It's + on block and WR B is probably too slow to punish it on whiff (although WR KK should work), the TC beats SCH A, the step beats SCH B, and the speed makes it very hard for Sieg to realign into SCH K. However, in theory 3(B)~G > 3(B) could beat it, which is a scary option.

Anyways, Sieg's punishment for 11B consists of ~40 damage meterless, ~70 for 25% meter, and ~90 for 50% meter. So yeah, definitely risky.

Slade - I wouldn't go for step~6B simply because it will whiff if 3(B) isn't blocked at close range. If I can avoid it I'd rather not have to think about the distance that I just blocked a move.

Back