Dampierre Tournament Status Update: LEGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
...With your logic, Hakan should be banned because any wins that I rack up may be due to my opponent not knowing the matchup; sure, it's due to his own laziness, but we are still not testing who is the best, as that guy that I eliminate may be able to beat EVERY OTHER CHARACTER perfectly, but simply struggles with Hakan.

Again, just playing devil's advocate here. Counter to my own point would be the fact that knowing matchups is part of skill and since my opponent doesn't know it, I am better than him.
You basically sank your own argument (advocacy?). The devil is disappointed, haha. As both of us mentioned, matchup knowledge is a necessary part of the tournament scene, and both of you had equal access to the roster, so both of you are responsible for knowing all the matchups. If you are exploiting the one weak spot in his matchup knowledge, so be it — he may know more about the game in general than you do, but in practice, you played the game better, including the metagame.

This issue of incomplete matchup knowledge is self-balanced, by the way, because people naturally build strong matchup knowledge against high-tier characters, and tend to be most ignorant of low-tier characters. So in order to actually exploit such a weakness against an otherwise pro-level player, you have to somehow excel with a character that is acknowledged to be at a starting disadvantage.

None of this is to say that you don’t bring up a good point, of course. I fully admit that my original missive is highly unlikely to fully encapsulate all the subtleties and considerations surrounding fighting games, skill, tiers, tournaments, etc. In fact, I don’t think anyone has or ever will satisfactorily reconcile the contradictions or conflicts between all these fields in a truly absolute, universal sense; the issue is too complex and subjective and eventually it just devolves into unprovable philosophy. OK, I’ll stop waxing rhetorical now.

As much as I really enjoy playing as Damp, he should be banned until he's DLC to make things fair. OR, Namco could make Damp selectable in Practice mode.

Just a question :
Dampierre is known since Soulcalibur broken destiny was released ...
So if someone who wants play him or test him ... Just have Soulk BD no ?

Other question :

What about Devil Jin style in your tournamesnts ans what if Zasalamel will come in DLC ... By example ?

Damp has some new moves like his 22KK (spinning low kicks like Tekken Mishimas) to PB stance. He also has his 99 or 33B (uppercut to body kick or randomly into a spinning low kick). Some of his moves have different inputs ass well. His A+B (his HAHA laugh then twin dagger attack that makes people breakdance on the floor) now has a chance of making himself breakdance into the PB stance. So... having BD doesn't actually help as much. I hear that they're debating on a CaS design for the DJ style.

Just a question :
Dampierre is known since Soulcalibur broken destiny was released ...
So if someone who wants play him or test him ... Just have Soulk BD no ?

Other question :

What about Devil Jin style in your tournamesnts ans what if Zasalamel will come in DLC ... By example ?
Devil Jin is banned unless he gets an actual model that can't be edited. As long as Zasalamel is dlc in the form of Dampierre he will be tournament eligible as will Dampierre when he is open to the public.

Long story short:

Dampierre will be banned until he is open to the public through DLC.

Devil Jin will never be unbanned unless Namco give him a fixed Model that we can't change in Creation (e.g. height, weight, etc).

The problem :

Just imagien Namco give us OTHER style like soul of zasalamel, soul of talim ... whatever.
What will you do for Zas players, talim palers and so on ?

The problem :

Just imagien Namco give us OTHER style like soul of zasalamel, soul of talim ... whatever.
What will you do for Zas players, talim palers and so on ?
It would be a big F U by Namco but they would fall under the same as DJ.

I just hope this will not happens because I can't play cas characters with special style in tournament :(

Oh-hohoho! Does this mean everyone except DJ is legal as of Tuesday? 'Cuz that would be pretty awesome.

I feel lucky, I bought the game two weeks ago in a mega-store without any pre-order, and there was a stiker with the code for Dampierre onto the envelop. I didn't know that was only a pre-order's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back