Dark Souls

So I found a great place to farm Humanity. And it appears you can buy Humanity infinitely at shops that sell them. Didn't know that.

Decided to try out some PvP now that I have all of Artorias' equipment (armor, abyss sword, cleansing great shield) and ran into the Dark Root Forest and summoned a guy to help out and all that. Summoned guy proceeded to run off up north and killed Shiva and his Ninja bodyguard.

I'm not PvPing ever again.

So uh... how do you meet with the Darkmoon Covenant? And can anyone explain what each Covenant does?

Wrath of God isn't that great against people. You can roll when it's cast and avoid all the damage it deals and also avoid the knock back. Gravelord blade is nice because no one expects you to use it, it gives you the surprise factor.

Where do you guys Darkmoon Blade and Sunlight Blade? Keep hearing about how awesome these swords are.

By the way... while I was leveling up my character the other night I noticed that increasing my Strength didn't bring up my attack power as much as increasing my Dex would? I'm guessing there's some diminishing returns on strength due to the two-hand wielding? If that's the case, is there a point where I should stop raising my strength and focus more on dex based on certain weapon scaling?

Darkmoon blade and Sunlight blade can only be used if you have high enough faith. They aren't swords they are weapon buffs. Strength and other stats don't always show up because it depends on the weapon you are using, the scaling on the weapon effects how much of a boost they get from raising up stats.

So where's a good place to farm souls?

Also, pretty certain the Pyromancer's gear can be acquired in Blighttown or the Depths.

The best place to farm souls is in the Duke's Archives IMO, go to the prison and kill those tentacles things where Logan was being held and then warp back to the bonfire via Homeward, Homeward bone or just running back to it. Each monster is worth 800 souls and there are 10 of them, netting you around 8000 souls per run and if you kill the two serpents on the way down the stair case you get an additional 1000 souls making your total 9000 per run. If you have the Symbol of Avarice then you get around 10800 souls per run if you kill the serpents and all the tentacle monsters. They also have a decent drop rate for humanities so you can farm souls and humanities at the same time, it's a win win.

If you just want humanities though then you can go to the entrance of gravelord Nito and kill those curse babies as they spawn infinitely and have a decent drop rate. The best place to farm humanity is in the new content in the oolacile prison where there are just monsters that are basically humanity. They have a good drop rate and also drop twin humanity.

so i found that the painting guardian's "armor" has super-protection against poison/toxic. i've been using it since i first got it but never paid much attention to it. then i went to PvP and i chose to head to blighttown for it lol.

Best places for souls are easily the NPCs in the forest and those two dicks that appear in the area before Ornstein and Smough after you do what you gotta do to put out the lights.

So THAT'S where you get Solaire's Lightning Spear spell. I've been wondering how to get that forever. So I started a new character and just slammed down my soapstone and just ran through the Taurus Demon and Gargoyles bosses until I met the requirements for the Warriors of Sunlight. Got the Lightning Spear and pumped my Faith to 20 and ran through those areas again until I had enough Sunlight Medals to pick up Great Lightning Spear. I'm now in Anor Londo at level 52 with 20 Faith, 25 Dex, 16 Str, 18 End 12, Att, and 18 Vit. Overall, that Lightning Spear spell helped out a ton. Even now, though, I haven't ran into many players to help with other bosses like those before, despite putting my Soapstone down every time.

EDIT: So any ideas where I should take this character? I've been thinking of trying to get to 30 Faith before tackling Ornestein and Smough. And trying to get that NPC from Artorias' grave equipment. You guys said I have to kill her, right?

My original character is doing just fine too at level 72 or 73. Needs to kill Manus, but I heard there's a way to make him easy, although I'm not certain how. I also fought a dark spirit called Marvelous Chester, but he didn't drop anything.

Wrath of God isn't that great against people. You can roll when it's cast and avoid all the damage it deals and also avoid the knock back. Gravelord blade is nice because no one expects you to use it, it gives you the surprise factor.
really? i have no problems at all landing WOG at all of course if you spam or doing it when the oponent is expecting it then they will roll i only wish i had more than 3 casts seems kinda unfair imo i just think faith shouldve gotten more ofensive miracles in the dlc, kinda disapointed the the dlc dosent have any new miracles in it, i really hope miracles get more love on DS2 which is already anounced! GOD IM BUYING THE COLLECTORS!! btw kicking some ass with my sorcerer/pyro build! heres how i kill someone in 10 seconds: 1 cast pursuers spell 2 run towards target 3 pursuers hit and then finish with dark beads repeat

really? i have no problems at all landing WOG at all of course if you spam or doing it when the oponent is expecting it then they will roll i only wish i had more than 3 casts seems kinda unfair imo i just think faith shouldve gotten more ofensive miracles in the dlc, kinda disapointed the the dlc dosent have any new miracles in it, i really hope miracles get more love on DS2 which is already anounced! GOD IM BUYING THE COLLECTORS!! btw kicking some ass with my sorcerer/pyro build! heres how i kill someone in 10 seconds: 1 cast pursuers spell 2 run towards target 3 pursuers hit and then finish with dark beads repeat

You aren't PvP'ing against people who are good at PvP then. With my Faith build I have a hard time landing WOG unless I set it up properly. Then again I PvP in the arena where people are actually built for playing against me and Faith builds are probably the strongest builds in the game because of Darkmoon blade so they can't really add more without making them completely broken.

So THAT'S where you get Solaire's Lightning Spear spell. I've been wondering how to get that forever. So I started a new character and just slammed down my soapstone and just ran through the Taurus Demon and Gargoyles bosses until I met the requirements for the Warriors of Sunlight. Got the Lightning Spear and pumped my Faith to 20 and ran through those areas again until I had enough Sunlight Medals to pick up Great Lightning Spear. I'm now in Anor Londo at level 52 with 20 Faith, 25 Dex, 16 Str, 18 End 12, Att, and 18 Vit. Overall, that Lightning Spear spell helped out a ton. Even now, though, I haven't ran into many players to help with other bosses like those before, despite putting my Soapstone down every time.

EDIT: So any ideas where I should take this character? I've been thinking of trying to get to 30 Faith before tackling Ornestein and Smough. And trying to get that NPC from Artorias' grave equipment. You guys said I have to kill her, right?

My original character is doing just fine too at level 72 or 73. Needs to kill Manus, but I heard there's a way to make him easy, although I'm not certain how. I also fought a dark spirit called Marvelous Chester, but he didn't drop anything.

If you're using miracles then I suggest you stick it out with your faith build, start leveling up a good normal weapon until it's maxed out. Then join the Darkmoon Covenant, get to level 2 and start using darkmoon blade and the darkmoon catalyst. Also you will come to realize that lightning spear isn't that great later on in the game unless you have really high Dex.

If you want Ciarns armor then yeah you just have to kill her, be warned though that she uses loyd's talismans against you and her weapons cause bleed. Her armor is pretty cool looking but there are better armors when it comes to defense.

Wrath of the gods is a lag tactic meaning its very hard to avoid when its laggy. And imo faith/dex are probably the best one's when it comes to PVP. Dex/Pyro is pretty solid too

Hmm. So I killed Ciaran and got her armor and two weapons. How exactly are you supposed to use them? Dual-wielding seems kinda... bad, and Gold Tracer seems like you're supposed to use it in the left-hand while Dark Silver in the right for backstabs/counters. But how can you parry using this method? And backstabbing seems rather challenging to do without being able to block and dart behind them during the stun.

Hmm. So I killed Ciaran and got her armor and two weapons. How exactly are you supposed to use them? Dual-wielding seems kinda... bad, and Gold Tracer seems like you're supposed to use it in the left-hand while Dark Silver in the right for backstabs/counters. But how can you parry using this method? And backstabbing seems rather challenging to do without being able to block and dart behind them during the stun.

Most people just use the Gold tracer since it scales well with Dex and causes bleed, I have seen people dual wielding it. It's all a matter of preference really, if you want to use both swords then you're suppose to use the Gold Tracer on the left hand and the Silver on the right. I think that the Silver has better critical than the Gold so it's used best for riposte and back stabs.

Edit: Side note, I started a Bow only playthrough and I must say that it is hard. Enemies with shields are so hard to deal with. I pretty much have to shoot an arrow as they are about to attack me. It's high risk low reward at the moment and it will be even more of a risk when I have to go through Sens Fortress because those asshole serpent people have big shields. Actually any enemy with a shield is a problem for me. Black Knights are a pain in the ass and I worry about fighting against those giants in Anor Lando... Oh god Artorias is going to make me rage quit life.

How do I permanently kill the skeletons in the Catacombs?

EDIT: Two more things. WHere's a good place to hunt for Guilty as a Darkmoon Blade? And what are some good medium class armors to look for on my dex/faith character?

How do I permanently kill the skeletons in the Catacombs?

EDIT: Two more things. WHere's a good place to hunt for Guilty as a Darkmoon Blade? And what are some good medium class armors to look for on my dex/faith character?
Use a divine weapon or kill all the Necromancers.

Hmm, my Divine Weapons are barely doing damage.

EDIT: Should mention that on my Dex/Faith character I went ahead and killed Gwyndolin and got the Sunlight Blade and Brass Armor (cool armor set!). Mainly because I couldn't get and PvP action going as a Darkmoon Blade and mainly because when I did, all I would get is lots of laggy fights or some weird abuses.

Anywho, with the Artorias of the Abyss stuff cleared I'm now tackling Lost Izalith. Got past the Fire demon and knocked out the Ceaseless Discharge as well. Can't figure out how to kill the Demon Centipede, though.

Hmm, my Divine Weapons are barely doing damage.

EDIT: Should mention that on my Dex/Faith character I went ahead and killed Gwyndolin and got the Sunlight Blade and Brass Armor (cool armor set!). Mainly because I couldn't get and PvP action going as a Darkmoon Blade and mainly because when I did, all I would get is lots of laggy fights or some weird abuses.

Anywho, with the Artorias of the Abyss stuff cleared I'm now tackling Lost Izalith. Got past the Fire demon and knocked out the Ceaseless Discharge as well. Can't figure out how to kill the Demon Centipede, though.

If you're a faith/Dex build then you should be doing really good damage with faith weapons. What weapon are you using?

Also it takes way to long to get Souvenirs of Reprisals by PvP'ing it's better to do as Jet says and farm them from the harpies in the painted world. It takes a long time to farm the amount needed to go up a level though so keep humanities and the Gold serpent ring on hand. Not that it matters now that you've kill Gwyndolin though.

The centipede demon is a bitch and should be beaten as such. Also you should be able to summon Solaire to help you if you are having trouble. Good luck with the Bed of Chaos lolololol

Would you mind telling me your stats and Soul level?

Of course. Once you learn the tricks then you shouldn't even die once, it's just the first time that is a real pain in the ass.

If you're a faith/Dex build then you should be doing really good damage with faith weapons. What weapon are you using?

Also it takes way to long to get Souvenirs of Reprisals by PvP'ing it's better to do as Jet says and farm them from the harpies in the painted world. It takes a long time to farm the amount needed to go up a level though so keep humanities and the Gold serpent ring on hand. Not that it matters now that you've kill Gwyndolin though.

The centipede demon is a bitch and should be beaten as such. Also you should be able to summon Solaire to help you if you are having trouble. Good luck with the Bed of Chaos lolololol

Would you mind telling me your stats and Soul level?

Using a Divine Falchion +5 for skeletons. Otherwise I'm using a Silver Knight Straight Sword for everything else. Highest damaging weapon for me at the moment. Although I do have a Falchion +15, Longsword +15, Painted Guardian Sword +14. Running around New Londo and killing Darkwraiths filled my bags with chunks and slabs.

I'm on level 85. Vit 18, Att 16, End 30, Str 16, Dex 35, Res 11, Int 11, Faith 30. Thinking about pushing my Vit and Str up to 30 next just to get some better health and better weapon scaling.

I'm using Brass Armor, and a bunch of different shields. Baldur's +10, Crest, Black Knight, Dragon Crest, (Zombie dragon was easy to kill by sniping him with Lightning Spears). I have Elite Knight's up to +6 or so on all pieces, but its boring to wear all the time. Plus, it seems like I'm not getting much defense on it. Enemies still hit me for tons.

EDIT: Probably should mention that I've beaten Sif and taken out the Four Kings. I still need to finish the Catacombs, Lost Izalith, and Duke's Archives.

Using a Divine Falchion +5 for skeletons. Otherwise I'm using a Silver Knight Straight Sword for everything else. Highest damaging weapon for me at the moment. Although I do have a Falchion +15, Longsword +15, Painted Guardian Sword +14. Running around New Londo and killing Darkwraiths filled my bags with chunks and slabs.

I'm on level 85. Vit 18, Att 16, End 30, Str 16, Dex 35, Res 11, Int 11, Faith 30. Thinking about pushing my Vit and Str up to 30 next just to get some better health and better weapon scaling.

I'm using Brass Armor, and a bunch of different shields. Baldur's +10, Crest, Black Knight, Dragon Crest, (Zombie dragon was easy to kill by sniping him with Lightning Spears). I have Elite Knight's up to +6 or so on all pieces, but its boring to wear all the time. Plus, it seems like I'm not getting much defense on it. Enemies still hit me for tons.

EDIT: Probably should mention that I've beaten Sif and taken out the Four Kings. I still need to finish the Catacombs, Lost Izalith, and Duke's Archives.

The reason enemies still do tons of damage is because your Vit is low, it isn't the armor. Also if you're going for a Faith/Dex build then don't bother with building up STR. Start putting more points into faith since it should be to at least 40. The Silver knight shield is probably the best shield followed by the Black Knight and then the Baldur shield, the crest Shields are good for their intended purpose.

Silver Knight straight sword is nice but if you're using a Dex character than you should be using a Katana since it scales with Dex very well and has good damage and range. Try getting an Uchigatana from Shiva or if you feel like it you can go kill off the undead merchant in the Undead Burg. Oh one last thing, since you have a lot of Titanite chunks and Slabs you should upgrade the Elite knight armor completely just to see how amazing it really is.

Back