Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played Legendary Souls. It f**king sucked. lol

So Viola insisted on me to play as her, and in fact I did. I think my time was 20 minutes. Pretty good considering the time winning against Cervantes on Arcade mode was almost 40 effin minutes.

Good one there! 20 mins is pretty decent.
It depended on the character though. Elysium was pretty easy to beat. Nightmare and Siegfried took some considerable time because the orb kept sticking to the wall above them, and in Kilik's case, outside of the ring.

Algol was a pain in the behind, but he had issues with guarding pretty much anything she did.

It depended on the character though. .

Yeah I've noticed this too. Using astaroth can be a real pain because the AI breaks grabs about 75% of the time regardless of how you mix them up. You could do 4 B grabs in a row, all broken by the AI, then switch to an A grab next and the AI breaks it anyway?!? That's not even counting how many times the AI ducks right under it instantly.

As a whole, the AI doesn't seem to know how to deal with Siegfried very well. It doesn't punish consistently, and it tends to turtle against him. It's super easy to exploit this since Sieg has such good guard gauge damage.

The patch must have made the AI a little bit harder. Yesterday it was JG'ing NM's standing K, which is only 13 frames! I swear there was one moment where Elysium was JG'ing almost everything.

I didn't even know it was possible to JG from the ground until the AI did it to me several times.

Come to think of it, the entire JG mechanic annoys me as a whole. I despise it.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Using astaroth can be a real pain because the AI breaks grabs about 75% of the time regardless of how you mix them up. You could do 4 B grabs in a row, all broken by the AI, then switch to an A grab next and the AI breaks it anyway?!? That's not even counting how many times the AI ducks right under it instantly.

As a whole, the AI doesn't seem to know how to deal with Siegfried very well. It doesn't punish consistently, and it tends to turtle against him. It's super easy to exploit this since Sieg has such good guard gauge damage.

The patch must have made the AI a little bit harder. Yesterday it was JG'ing NM's standing K, which is only 13 frames! I swear there was one moment where Elysium was JG'ing almost everything.

I didn't even know it was possible to JG from the ground until the AI did it to me several times.

Come to think of it, the entire JG mechanic annoys me as a whole. I despise it.
That JG feature is only a little gift for knowing about frames. If f you don't know, then you are screwed. Pretty much how I feel about playing as Setsuka/Alpha Patroklos too.

I've only "JG'd" once, and that was by accident.

Just Guard ain't hard if you PRACTICE. I'm getting it down consistently against annoying ass BE strings that most characters use (like NM's 4KKBE GSK BE, Pyrrha's 66B BE, Natsu's 66B BE, Siegfried's SCH K BE, Cervy's 22A BE and his iGDR BE edition, etc)

One successful JG, especially with Algol JG'ing one of the example moves means I get a FREE 150+ damage punish with about 2 BEs if necessary

^I don't think JG is game breaking by any means, simply because of how hard it is to do consistently. Same reason why I don't think A-pat is broken, not many people can consistently get the JF twister. What I do think, is that JG is unnecessary. Just look at high level tournament matches, and see that JG almost never happens, even at that level.

I have no problem using meter for a GI that guarantees a combo. The timing is MUCH more forgiving than JG, it works on lows, and it gives you the same +frames no matter what move you GI.

It was a nice little addition to SC that probably won't be continued in the next installment, assuming there will be a next installment.

I wish JG worked on Mitsurugi's 1aB......I mean yeah you can do it but all you get is a throw attempt :(

Yeah I can JG in practice mode all day, but the minute I attempt it in a real battle, fail!

Trying it only gets me hit where normally I would just block. Same reason why I don't play high execution characters, because my execution sucks!

Personally I feel like JG goes against the traditional way of SC. SC was always a FG with easy execution, that rewards good decision making more than good finger agility. There is no decision making with JG, because theoretically you "should" JG everything, because it's always more favorable to do so. This is why I think JG is bad for SC, it's reward is based entirely on execution and nothing on decision making.

I could be wrong, but I always thought that the challenge of SC was in knowing what to do, and when to do it, not in spending hours in training mode just to pull something off.

At least GI makes you decide whether it's worth it to use the meter or save it for something else. JG is an automatic "yes" to everything, because as long as you physically "can" JG something, you should.

Obvious exceptions to JG are stepping verticals, ducking highs, or jumping lows. I would imagine that generally speaking, whiff punish is better and more reliable than JG punish. Aside from those exceptions, there is no reason why you "shouldn't" JG.

Like I said before, I don't mind it all that much. I don't think it will make it into the next game though.

10 mins, 57 seconds with Cervantes, but I can't even come close to that with my main characters. That mode is pain.
-DC:sc5nm1:

Just Guard ain't hard if you PRACTICE. I'm getting it down consistently against annoying ass BE strings that most characters use (like NM's 4KKBE GSK BE, Pyrrha's 66B BE, Natsu's 66B BE, Siegfried's SCH K BE, Cervy's 22A BE and his iGDR BE edition, etc)

Some advice: it's good to learn JGing but there is no reason to JG the NM BE moves you mentioned since you can duck and punish the 2nd hit. Same goes for Natsu's 66B. You can SS Cervy's one and there's no way you can JG his iGDR BE on reaction in a game.

10 mins, 57 seconds with Cervantes, but I can't even come close to that with my main characters. That mode is pain.
-DC:sc5nm1:

Strange, he's my main and I only got 17mins. Any particular reason you're getting a better time?

JG is making use of good reads.

If you see Phyrra jump at you and flash yellow.

Assuming your not Maxi (wsB+K FTW evil laugh) block first strike of 66B BE. As soon as she makes contact with your guard let G go.

Next tap G on her swords way up.

Smile as your character turns blue while they waste meter :)

It's easiest to perform on moves with a follow up after you block the first strike. Ex Hilde lv3 charge moves, Yoshi 6KK, Mitsurugi 4KB, Zwei 1B, iR, K (Nothing like JGing Ein and stepping the kick to get out of that situation lol) or Patroklos 6BBB the last two strikes. Also various BE attacks.

I wouldn't recommend trying to JG people's poke moves but if you got it like that then go for it.

I just think that as soon as a single individual get's to the point where their JG'ing almost everything, people will cry about how broken JG is.

Game is still early, and I've yet to see anyone master JG yet. Time will tell.

I'm not that great of a player anyways, so obviously, I haven't beaten it.
I haven't even beaten Kilik ._.
I've only ever won two rounds, and just when I'm about to win the final round, he goes nuts and completely obliterates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back