Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 min on first completion. Oddly, got owned by Kilik and Nightmare, but breezed through the rest.

Second attempt - 11 min 6s. Edge Master got a 3-0 on me, which made me lose quite some time.

My first time I played it for over 3 hours and couldn't beat it, then I ran out of time and had to go to work. After coming home from work I hopped back on and beat it in 36'40"13.

I beat it in 8 min ~30sec with Ivy.

Any idea how Viola players were able to finish this mode under 5 minutes before the patch?

I finally beat it. It took 18 mins and something, but I didn't think it was that bad. I only lost a few times to Algol.

Question, does being able to beat LS mode fairly quickly translate to actually being good in this game, or does it just mean that you learned how to exploit the AI?

I try as hard as I can not to exploit the AI, but man it sure does eat those low pokes like nobody's business!

I beat in 11 minutes with Omega on my second try. The hardest is still Edge Master, and I actually find Elysium kind of easy this time around.

Question, does being able to beat LS mode fairly quickly translate to actually being good in this game, or does it just mean that you learned how to exploit the AI?

I try as hard as I can not to exploit the AI, but man it sure does eat those low pokes like nobody's business!
IMO it just means you know those characters weaknesses. I had to prove a point of beating my time with my main (Maxi) using a character I barely practiced with at that time anyway (Aeon) because my friend blamed my time on using a really good character while he was close to an hour with his main (Hilde). I beat my time by 15 mins with Aeon first run.

^So basically you're saying that adequate competition is there, but it's limited because it's only 7 characters? Damn I wish there was a mode with this difficulty of AI where I could play all the characters.

Oh well. It's too bad very hard VS isn't anywhere near as hard as LS, even despite having less match-up experience with the other characters.

Well, you do need some mastery of the game to beat it. I know of several people who stopped playing the game just because of their frustration with this mode.

Well with Sieg, it was 3B spam.. Which is "cheating" so to speak.

That time with astaroth was with legit tactics though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back