Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course if you cannot JG, then making use if common punishment tools is good also, like side-stepping, ducking, and GI'ing the last hit or slow hit (like Raph prep BB BE).

I see JG as a tool to "impact" readable attack patterns your opponent does for no meter, you get meter, and you can get the opportunity to punish things that are otherwise SAFE or +FRAMES on block (NM, Pyrrha, and Cervy for example)

I simply don't see how JG can be broken, I see it like SF3's Red Parry or whatever. People just have to get past the psychological threat that you HAVE TO LET GO OF YOUR GUARD before doing JG.

The Legendary Souls AI's suck at not falling for tech traps. Play as Leixia and 4K them. Immediately follow 4K up with a fast move (anything faster than 15 frames is OK). Against most of the Legendary Soul AI's, the follow-up will hit since they'll try to hit you after blocking 4K (and if 4K hits, you get a small combo and live to 4K again). It's a high, though, so beware.

However, Nightmare will punch you in the face (the aGI punch) every single time and I think Siegfried will punish it each time as well. However, if you, as Leixia, do 44aB and then follow that up with any fast move, they'll fall for it each and every single time (because Leixia has frame advantage on block on 44aB). What's more astounding is that they will stand around and block 44aB and then try to counter-attack every single time! As long as you start the move up before they've thrown an attack out, they'll stop whatever it is they're doing (dashing, walking, sidestepping, etc.) and block... and then try to counter-attack. They will never try to poke you out of 44aB.

So, 44aB them into 3B for a free launcher combo. If they get hit by the 44aB itself, 3B still hits. The second hit of 6KK hits as well, though it can be ukemi'd (I can't remember if the computer will ukemi it). I managed to get a quite good time by just spamming 44aB into whatever. I think it was around 11 minutes or something. 44aB also damages guards and guard breaks pretty well and it's good at giving meter (44aB (blocked) into 3B (not blocked) into CE = Win).

I don't imagine Leixia's frame traps being the only frame traps the AI will fall for.

The AI is supremely bad at defeating frame traps ALL THE TIME. It even says so in the guide. Like I mentioned earlier, the CPU will always fall for a crossbow bolt from Ezio every time when you alternate between the high and low shots.

The AI is supremely bad at defeating frame traps ALL THE TIME. It even says so in the guide. Like I mentioned earlier, the CPU will always fall for a crossbow bolt from Ezio every time when you alternate between the high and low shots.
Pick Pyrrha Ω. Do a 66B. Buffer DNS B. You'll win rounds in less than 10 seconds most of the time if you can hit the JF (which is absurdly easy in this game). It's pretty ridiculous.

Beat it in 20 minutes last go with Nighty. The first times I beat LS, Edgemaster raped me repeatedly, pushing me past 40 min+ alone. Surprisingly, I got him in one match this time. Cervantes still has all my rage though, my most hated character + super A.I. makes the anger boil over lol.

I need to have another go at this again... Left it for a long while.
Will try with my Mits and mix it up, mix it up all over the goddamn place.
If that fails, what my friend and Slade above mentioned, Pyrrha Omega. 66B. ??? Profit. Hopefully. XD

I completed Legendary Souls in 24 minutes and half.....It was very very hard to do it.That Edgemaster with Patroclos' Style was a killing machine,I won him in 11 min and then Elysium in 7 min. lol What was that?!

The more I bang my head against this brutal mode, the more I see its worth. Don't try to cheese it with single types of moves, play it like you would a real opponent. This mode takes all but two of the best fighting styles in the game (Mitsu/Natsu), cranks the difficulty as high as SCV AI can go, and gives it to you to practice with. I consider it a kind of gauntlet mode, in such a way that any time I am gonna do online ranked matches, I do this once first, and by the time I get done with this thing, I am in full form to absolutely wreck the ranked matches. See it as a grinding stone, guys, that you may hone your skills to a keen edge. To be pointed out is that this A.I. does things you see done in tournament play, therefore making it a sort of battle-practice mode. I just wish there were other ways of accessing this difficulty level so that I could take each individual character and pick their styles apart in versus.
Inb4 Siegfried is a bad character, lol, if someone can beat Keev's Nightmare with him, then that's a damn good character.

The more I bang my head against this brutal mode, the more I see its worth. Don't try to cheese it with single types of moves, play it like you would a real opponent. This mode takes all but two of the best fighting styles in the game (Mitsu/Natsu), cranks the difficulty as high as SCV AI can go, and gives it to you to practice with. I consider it a kind of gauntlet mode, in such a way that any time I am gonna do online ranked matches, I do this once first, and by the time I get done with this thing, I am in full form to absolutely wreck the ranked matches. See it as a grinding stone, guys, that you may hone your skills to a keen edge. To be pointed out is that this A.I. does things you see done in tournament play, therefore making it a sort of battle-practice mode. I just wish there were other ways of accessing this difficulty level so that I could take each individual character and pick their styles apart in versus.
Inb4 Siegfried is a bad character, lol, if someone can beat Keev's Nightmare with him, then that's a damn good character.
Aye, thats how I see Legendary Souls. Its the pinnacle of my training, so to speak. Cause yeah, I can fight my friends/online players and triumph just fine every so often, but this... This is where its at. Need to hone some tactics before heading online against some kickass players? This would be the place to practice. :P

I was gonna post something egotistical about ranked matches and win streaks. Instead, I'll just re-iterate: Project Soul, thank you for Legendary souls mode, a tool that is insanely hard without actually being cheap.

"cheap" is something I usually only reserve for sc3 AI. It blocked everything, ducked all highs, broke 95% grabs, yeah it was that bad.

Fastforward to sc5, and now instead of having a ridiculous defensive AI, it has a ridiculous mind reading/button reading ability. It's like you do a i16 move, and the instant you input your attack, the AI sneaks in a i15 move to CH you. As if any human could react to 1 frame stuff?!?!

Actually guys, the more I play this mode, the more I realize how impractical it is. Don't think for a minute that this mode simulates high level play, because it doesn't. Playing this mode will give you bad habits. The AI lacks the ability to change their tactics and adapt; it's always using the same setups over and over. It's almost like the AI plays like a logical flowchart, it plays within a certain "box" of parameters and never plays outside that box.

Compare that to a human being, who's main strategies are to constantly be flexible and adaptable. In a human VS human match, as soon as one player recognizes a pattern in the other player, it's pretty much game over.

Being a good player means avoiding patterns as much as possible, while at the same time trying to exploit your opponents patterns.

The AI plays the same way over and over and "get's away with it" because of it's inhuman reactions and button reading powers.

I will however say that this mode is a good way to "warm up" before a real match though. That's probably about it TBH.

This is an approximation on how the CPU tends to play: (this uses SF characters for an example)

index.php

a0ba4d0fea6deb3d5c2d256cf9bb0d53.jpg

True. When I said higher level play, I didn't mean that people play like this. I meant that some of the combos, setups, etc. are used this way. Simply put, you can expect some of the things, like advanced combos and setups, to be used in higher play. Not that they will get you used to fighting a human opponent, but they hit you with the more common combos and strings, which I use as a gauntlet to test ways around them. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well I suppose it's good for combo's and punishment. Not good for the learning the metagame though

Actually scratch that: It doesn't even combo the best way possible half the time

Fundamentals, dude. Like, it taught me to watch for Xiba's goddamn launcher into tail thing. I hate that move. It's also pretty relentlessly accurate on DNS B:4'ing you. Just saiyan. Course, Edgemaster is pretty inhuman, but eh. Take it how you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back