Deck the Halls with CAS!

KiraxSummers

[13] Hero
It's that time of year again! I don't know about you guys, but I get absolutely manic about the holiday season. I've just gotta decorate and bake and paint everything green and red and candy stripes with a dash of tinsel on top. I also love making holiday CaS! :D If you guys have come up with any seasonal CaS, I'd LOVE <3 for you to post them :) I don't care if it took you 5 minutes or 5 days, there's no competition, no pressure, let's just share some holiday cheer ^_^

PS. I know this forum has been a little dead recently, but I see the odd creator here and there. I just wanted to inject a little life into our humble little CaS community! If you guys are up for it, anyway ^_^;
leixia__s_christmas_by_celestialzodiac-d4k5sql.jpg

Artist: http://celestialzodiac.deviantart.com/art/Leixia-s-Christmas-275727549

Last edited:
Welcome back K-Dawg. That lil' cartoon is truly heartwarming. Looks like Xiba gotta work on his game. Did you draw it yourself?

Here's an old Xmas CaS of mine:

When Santa needs a guiding light on a foggy Christmas Eve, he goes to Rudolph. When Santa needs a good ol' fashioned beat-down, he goes to Donner, alpha male of the reindeer pack and allegedly a descendant of Baphomet. Much to Santa's chagrin, he eats children. Especially the nice ones. They had it comin'.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

We once had a pretty successful thread for holiday CaS, but nothing's wrong with spreading a bit of Christmas cheer. More on the way.

Welcome back K-Dawg. That lil' cartoon is truly heartwarming. Looks like Xiba gotta work on his game. Did you draw it yourself?
Wow bruce, my man, as usual, your work is fantastic, subtle and all around awesome ^_^ Hilarious too; I may regret being such a good little girl this year XD
Ah, whoops, I forgot to credit the artist, clumsy me ^_^; I'll edit in a link to her deviantart page! It's a really cute comic :)
I can't wait to see more, guys! ^_^ (I'll get mine up once I have some decent pictures, lol)

As promised, here's the first of mine! Lol, I'm not as good as you guys, but I tried XD
EvanHolCollage2Touchup_zpszm9zngvl.jpg

Evangelos Eldred as a Christmas Elf!​
I tried to make him all things Christmas, hence excessive blunt force trauma of red and green XD As the spoiled, effeminate prince of the rebellion, he's the perfect choice for a pouty, overworked elf at Christmas.
"Uuuuugh, bringing joy and Christmas cheer to all the children of the world is too much work!"
HolidayEv03.jpg_zpsv9g1f0ui.png

"What are you looking at?"​

I had trouble with the hat, and I'm not fully satisfied with it. I did see this on the internet though:
demon_sanya_soul_calibur_5___101_by_soldier_cloud_strife-d89pttm_zpsfxjo6jxi.gif

Would someone better at creation than me want to analyze it and tell me what he did? I can't figure out the part that connects the hat and the ball XD

Looks to me like like a set of horns with the striped pattern applied to it. Could that work?
Set of horns, ah, okay, but I'm not totally sold on the stripe pattern. It doesn't look as... Defined? Well, I'll give it a go. If anyone comes up with a better version of the hat, please post it. That's like, the holy grail of Christmas CaS :P

Hi,

Season greetings Kirax, happy to see you back and trying to bring some life back to the board.
In France the mood isn't really to celebration right now, with what happened on friday 13th, but i must say i saw none of the CAS on display here from all of you guys and they all look positively gorgeous...
I don't know why but i was struck silly by the xmas tree...

About the hat, well i can only show my old stuff, maybe new to some of you (for me a cat tail a sphere and a cap), from the straight forward Santa Masta and his reindeer anthros to the more poetic snowman and reindeer :

cafcx7m7bryacyvhe.jpg

cafd10vqvufh0tyhu.jpg

cbz925harbmfygtwc.jpg

cbz91vvf3xbovd1ss.jpg

cbmchdgxbuzvos8tf.jpg

cbmchjhkrvg1b68ir.jpg

cbmchqnxk2ttp06ub.jpg

Damn, with Star Wars around the corner i even did some snowy wampa sketches, ain't that very seasonesque :)
Pardon the poor pic quality (rough pencils and iphone camera don't go well together ya know) and pardon my french (for the puns you prolly won't understand, xcept Wampart :P)

Last edited:
Mrs. Claus

I imagine Santa Claus being the rich and powerful person he is would have someone pretty attractive as his wife.
Wow, Nyte, I love your creations! ^_^ I especially like your take on Mrs. Claus, lol, it's quite an interesting spin on the traditional warmly overfed Mrs. Claus. I hope she has enough skin on those bones not to freeze up in the North Pole XD I never thought about it, but Ivy's bodysuit is a perfect Christmas piece! Good eye!
Your knight is wonderful too, very intimidating. "Be jolly, or BE DEAD!" Hahaha XD

Hi,

Season greetings Kirax, happy to see you back and trying to bring some life back to the board.
In France the mood isn't really to celebration right now, with what happened on friday 13th, but i must say i saw none of the CAS on display here from all of you guys and they all look positively gorgeous...
I don't know why but i was struck silly by the xmas tree...
*gasp* I can't believe you're still here, Vilarcane! ^_^ Lol, after 200 CaS, I thought you'd be sick of us all by now XD It's really nice to see you again :)

My deepest condolences for what happened in France :( It's really scary to think that the city of love, such a prominent city of Europe, went through such a horrific tragedy. I live in LA, where the San Bernardino shootings happened just last week. That's practically my backyard. Terrifying stuff, and it was only a fraction of what you guys witnessed.

But on to lighter topics, your CaS have wonderful personality as usual! ^_^ I'll have to try that hat trick, it looks really good on your Santa Claus :) And wow, I'm surprised I never thought of using that duffel bag XD
"Why do I feel so horny?" LOL XD
I have a sweet spot for your snowman though, that looks really well done! The face is just perfect!
You're an amazing artist, Vil, I love that XD That wampa in the bottom left reminds me of the abominable snowman from Monsters Inc. Intentional?

Really interesting snowy effect on the reindeer's backpack. I'll need to use it on my own Xmas stuff. But the reindeer's upturned eyebrows kind of piss me off. Really condescending for some reason. Like he's saying "Awww....poor baby..." to me, a grown-ass man. Clever build though.

*gasp* I can't believe you're still here, Vilarcane! ^_^ Lol, after 200 CaS, I thought you'd be sick of us all by now XD It's really nice to see you again :)

Yup...but gee, 200 CAS you are about 50% right, go take a look at the last 30 pages or so of my main thread and see what you missed, and feel free to comment (there are also a LOT of drawings)... btw, i am sure i even sent a lot of messages your or Rachel's way because i missed the girly presence and sensibility in my thread...not to say my fellow artists and mate aren't sensible, but girly, hey no ! :P

My deepest condolences for what happened in France :( It's really scary to think that the city of love, such a prominent city of Europe, went through such a horrific tragedy. I live in LA, where the San Bernardino shootings happened just last week. That's practically my backyard. Terrifying stuff, and it was only a fraction of what you guys witnessed.

Thanks K', means a lot...but you see, even a fraction, a soul is still a soul, and when someone dies, it just crushes the lives of so many others, family, relatives, friends, colleagues...Mark my words, and it was my case, it felt like everyone in France had a relative of a relative who knew one of the victims...in a 60+ million people country, crazy but true, France is a small world...

But on to lighter topics, your CaS have wonderful personality as usual! ^_^ I'll have to try that hat trick, it looks really good on your Santa Claus :) And wow, I'm surprised I never thought of using that duffel bag XD
"Why do I feel so horny?" LOL XD
I have a sweet spot for your snowman though, that looks really well done! The face is just perfect!
The snowman is indeed inspired by a Pixar short movie....try and guess which one, even though i did have no ExEq slots left for the hat :)

You're an amazing artist, Vil, I love that XD That wampa in the bottom left reminds me of the abominable snowman from Monsters Inc. Intentional?
Yes, absolutely, spot on ! Why, thanks for the praise, and if you wanna see more, go back to my thread while it is still on page 1 (maybe :)

Really interesting snowy effect on the reindeer's backpack. I'll need to use it on my own Xmas stuff. But the reindeer's upturned eyebrows kind of piss me off. Really condescending for some reason. Like he's saying "Awww....poor baby..." to me, a grown-ass man. Clever build though.

Flowery pattern it is, and yes a reindeer is condescending by nature, you see, it flies from above and throws parcels in the chimneys like a paperboy would...

Besides, it is cool to see some actual messages again on this board instead of the likes i hate when they come alone :)

Yup...but gee, 200 CAS you are about 50% right, go take a look at the last 30 pages or so of my main thread and see what you missed, and feel free to comment (there are also a LOT of drawings)... btw, i am sure i even sent a lot of messages your or Rachel's way because i missed the girly presence and sensibility in my thread...not to say my fellow artists and mate aren't sensible, but girly, hey no ! :P

I definitely will! ^_^ Although I didn't notice any messages in my inbox, hmm... I'll check again. There seem to be fewer girls on here recently, but then again I'm starting to wonder if there were ever many to begin with XD darkwings is the only person I have to gossip about the hot Soulcal guys now XD

The snowman is indeed inspired by a Pixar short movie....try and guess which one, even though i did have no ExEq slots left for the hat :)

I had to youtube to find the title, but it's Knick Knack, right? :D I remember seeing it in theaters when I was a kid XD

Yes, absolutely, spot on ! Why, thanks for the praise, and if you wanna see more, go back to my thread while it is still on page 1 (maybe :)
Lol, it's nice to see some things haven't changed XD

Some people need to take a page out of @KiraxSummers book(myself included). With all that's happening around the world, why not be merry for Christmas? Some of you are naughty for many reasons such as being bitter towards people. Isn't Christmas meant to be shared especially when you got the Christmas Blues?

So I bring Rudolph Yoshimitsu. He's inspired from Gatsu's Snow Ninja, but I took a different approach.

Rudolph Yoshi (1).png
Rudolph Yoshi (2).png
Rudolph Yoshi (3).png
Rudolph Yoshi (4).png
Rudolph Yoshi (5).png
Rudolph Yoshi (6).png

Though it looks a bit tacky since I just made this today, it's pretty simple. Apple to act as a berry on the neck stuff. Obligatory head meant to mimic Rudolph. Fur with some grass stains on them.

And to give a nod to females, I chose Hilde to dress up in a Christmas Kimono.

Christmas Kimono Hilde (1).png
Christmas Kimono Hilde (2).png
Christmas Kimono Hilde (3).png
Christmas Kimono Hilde (4).png
Christmas Kimono Hilde (5).png
Christmas Kimono Hilde (6).png

Typical thing I can make derived from an old Hilde Kimono design, but I decided to add some fur to it. The apple acted as a big berry on her grass hairband. Think mistletoe and now think she's gonna get kissed. Also a rushed delivery.

Last edited:
Dat nose ! Very clever reindeer head without a reindeer head...love it !
And the Kimono girl has a nice touch to it

I definitely will! ^_^ Although I didn't notice any messages in my inbox, hmm... I'll check again. There seem to be fewer girls on here recently, but then again I'm starting to wonder if there were ever many to begin with XD darkwings is the only person I have to gossip about the hot Soulcal guys now XD

I wasn't talking about PMs, i was talking about references to you, Rachel (Orangeislands) and Murasame in some of my main thread posts.
I miss Le Bello too...he is NOT a girl mind you :P

I had to youtube to find the title, but it's Knick Knack, right? :D I remember seeing it in theaters when I was a kid XD

Nailed it, Knick Knack, that is why i called him TooDooDoo like the music (i know this music by heart)

Dat nose ! Very clever reindeer head without a reindeer head...love it !
And the Kimono girl has a nice touch to it
We ain't dead as vet CAS artists VILARCANE. We ain't dead. Just dormant until someone does things.

Besides, I think some 8wayrunners need to know who we are as CAS vets. However, must it always be on us to bring things through? Thank goodness KiraxSummers stopped by.

Finals week x_x
Only a few days until Christmas, how exciting! ^_^ I hope all of you are having a great time celebrating with your families and I wish you all happy holidays!

We ain't dead as vet CAS artists VILARCANE. We ain't dead. Just dormant until someone does things.

Besides, I think some 8wayrunners need to know who we are as CAS vets. However, must it always be on us to bring things through? Thank goodness KiraxSummers stopped by.
Actually I started this thread because of something you said. If the board seems dead, we should do something about it ^_^

Back