Defending Soul Calibur 2 Part 1: An Old Man Shakes his Fist in the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, it's clear that the SC2 community isn't welcome here. We own't expect any participation from you guys. Don't exepct any of ours either.
A few posts threw you off your game?

If you have an opinion, it's probably going to get challenged. At the least, that's how things work on the internet. Lighten up, eh.

If you've got something to say, or if you've got something to teach, do it. If you feel you've been wrongly criticized, do it anyway. It's not about gaining approval, it's about helping those who want to be helped.

Now, come on. You have more to contribute, don't you? You're recruiting for SOCal, right? Are you gonna give up now?

We all started off on the wrong foot. We should've known that the Tekken players who played SC2 for 6 months ten years ago are a vital aspect of the fg community and as such we are obliged to see that they be courted like a skittish dowager.

I mean, otherwise they may not participate with a community they've completely ignored for a decade... *cough*

Last edited:
I think nobody really was hating on SC2 before a lot of people inside the community started to unjustifiably hate on SCV.

When casuals talk shit about the lack of single player options it's just funny and it's actually right, so what can we say?
But when former competitive players drunk on nostalgia refuse to adapt, talk shit on a gameplay that's arguably better and stop coming to tournaments, it hurts the players that still love the game and accept it for what it's become.

At this point it's just a vicious circle that's not about to end.

I think nobody really was hating on SC2 before a lot of people inside the community started to unjustifiably hate on SCV.

When casuals talk shit about the lack of single player options it's just funny and it's actually right, so what can we say?
But when former competitive players drunk on nostalgia refuse to adapt, talk shit on a gameplay that's arguably better and stop coming to tournaments, it hurts the players that still love the game and accept it for what it's become.

At this point it's just a vicious circle that's not about to end.

100% agree, now that we had almost two years of people shit talking sc5, now its sc5 players chance to get back at sc2 players, propagating the same circle of senseless hatred, BREAK OUT OF THE CYCLE YOU MINDLESS TWATS

i defended sc5 when it came out against these dumb ass vets of sc2 and sc4, now i have to do the same damn defending of sc2 to sc5 and sc4 vets, granted i think sc2 comes with a lot of stupid shit inherently built in like 2g and step g which are both bad in my opinion, but when you play someone who doesnt abuse that shit, its still fun, besides no game is perfect, even sc5 which i think was an unsafe step in the right direction

I think nobody really was hating on SC2 before a lot of people inside the community started to unjustifiably.
I beg to differ, in my case at least, I started hating on SCII when I realized I fell for the hype train and spent 20 bucks on a sub par game. I just personally don't like the mechanics whatsoever, and how everything jhst feels imbalanced. I personally couldn't care less whether people hate on SCV or not, it's still one of the greatest fighting game of all time with the best and most balanced mechanics I've seen in a fighting game, if nostalgia fiends want to miss out on the game, that's fine with me.

It seems like I'm one of the few people happy with the HD version but even I can admit they did a sloppy job with it. No extra vs or team battle online, no lobbies, no rematches, and most players are complaining about heavy lag during games. I feel like they did pretty much the bear minimum they had to just to get the game out in a hurry.

I think SC4 brainwashed people into thinking movement is bad. SC1 and 2 and Tekken all taught me that you should always be moving no matter what.

I think SC4 brainwashed people into thinking movement is bad. SC1 and 2 and Tekken all taught me that you should always be moving no matter what.
Movement is good, correct movement out of a certain attack that is stepable is good, safe movement for HORIZONTALS that were made the punish stepping, is bad, movement without punishment is bad. If someone reads a step, and punishes correctly, the other player should be punished accordingly. For every move or movement, there needs to be one to counter and punish it. Take that away and you get SCII, a hot, smelly mess.

i defended sc5 when it came out against these dumb ass vets of sc2 and sc4, now i have to do the same damn defending of sc2 to sc5 and sc4 vets
YOU'RE RETARDED. YOU NEVER DEFENDED ANYTHING IF YOU'RE STEPPING BACK ON YOUR WORD NOW.

ALSO, THIS "NEITHER GAME IS ALL THAT GREAT" COMMENT BY SOAKRATES IS OUTRAGEOUS. HE MAKES IT SOUND AS IF THERE'S NO WORTHY DISTINCTION BETWEEN THESE TWO GAMES. ANY BIT OF REASONABLE STUDYING WILL REVEAL THAT SC5 IS SUPERIOR WHERE IT FUCKING MATTERS: LOGIC. AND IF LOGIC IS IRRELEVANT TO YOU BECAUSE YOU THINK HAVING FUN PLAYING BROKEN IS A VALID WAY TO JUDGE THINGS, THEN FUCK YOU FOR THINKING YOU BELONG IN ANYTHING THAT EVEN ATTEMPTS A RATIONAL DISCUSSION.

i dont even remember the numbers ive played, but the first one on game cube was a lot of fun for me

Am I suppose to read through this mess or get a red pen out and start marking this shit.

You actually wrote an essay loool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back