Despising characters discussion. Start!

You might want to try stepping. If you really get flowcharted by 3(B) - SCH B - 3(B) - SCH B ~~~ you should think about canceling your evo attendance.

iaga is a move you should be much more scared of.

It isnt just 3B. But it's one of his moves that annoy me to no end. In addition to iaga, which is pure evil, and really the move that makes the match up so depressing. And i never said i get flowcharted by siegy's. Just that 3B siegs are one of the most common flow charty characters like bomb natsus and 4B mitsus.

Thankfully not many people play siegy that well, so i think Evo will be fine. Unless i run into that same sieg from norcal. I was sweating bullets trying to get in against that onslaught.

It isnt just 3B. But it's one of his moves that annoy me to no end. In addition to iaga, which is pure evil, and really the move that makes the match up so depressing. And i never said i get flowcharted by siegy's. Just that they are one of the most common flow charty characters like bomb natsus and 4B mitsus.
I hope you practiced against some not sucking sieg players because there is nothing flowcharty about his actual style - spacing and whiffpunishment. Only scrubs would play siegfried in a rushdown style because he is just not good at it.

Dude saying siegfried is flowcharty coming from a viola player is almost offensive :D lol

PS: If you refer to pyro he is not going to evo but jian, nightblade and shen yuan will be there IIRC.

I hope you practiced against some actual high lvl sieg players because there is nothing flowcharty about his actual style - spacing and whiffpunishment. Only scrubs would play siegfried in a rushdown style because he is just not good at it.

Dude saying siegfried is flowcharty coming from a viola player is almost offensive :D lol

PS: If you refer to pyro he is not going to evo but jian, nightblade and shen yu will be there IIRC.

Well really i could make a flow chart of just about anyone, but it would still be pretty dumb cause every character in this game relies on adapting to your opponent otherwise you're going to get destroyed. Yes, even Viola. Believe it or not, her limited range requires her to fight differently against multiple characters. And really calling anyone flow charty is an insult, and no character is immune to it. Any character can be reduced to flow chart tactics, but that doesnt mean all people who use that character are like that.

Yes i know and i totally agree, the flow chart comment did not come from me. I just found it weird that from all chars you mentioned him because their are so much chars who are better suited for rushdown (like basically 2/3 of the roster at least). Its really the opposite of his style.

Yea only time I play Sieg like a rushdown is against bad online people and it's rather funny when they call him overpowered afterwards.

Yes i know and i totally agree, the flow chart comment did not come from me.
It came from me. I was just venting about my match up ignorance and how she seems like the new Amy (gameplay wise). I probably wouldn't be complaining right now if PS gave Sieg enough step to avoid verticals that barely track.

Yes i know and i totally agree, the flow chart comment did not come from me. I just found it weird that from all chars you mentioned him because their are so much chars who are better suited for rushdown

You think only rush down characters can be used in flow charts? You can do it for all types of characters, flow charts are hardly a legitimate strategy and they rely on ignorance. There can be flow chart Dhalsihms, Sagats, Dormammus, Kens, and everything in between. It's essentially just a list of abuseable moves to be applied in certain situations.

It came from me. I was just venting about my match up ignorance and how she seems like the new Amy (gameplay wise). I probably wouldn't be complaining right now if PS gave Sieg enough step to avoid verticals that barely track.
They could make his roulette actually dodge moves! Like say vertical's Project Soul it's supposed to dodge them!

You think only rush down characters can be used in flow charts? You can do it for all types of characters, flow charts are hardly a legitimate strategy and they rely on ignorance. There can be flow chart Dhalsihms, Sagats, Dormammus, Kens, and everything in between. It's essentially just a list of abuseable moves to be applied in certain situations.
Oh than that was a misunderstanding. I thought flowcharting would refer to constant mindlessly attacking (most of the time with a repetitive pattern), a scrub version of rushdown.

Abusing tools in certain situations actually sounds like legit play no?

Oh than that was a misunderstanding. I thought flowcharting would refer to constant mindlessly attacking (most of the time with a repetitive pattern) a scrub form of rushdown.

Abusing tools in certain situations actually sounds like legit play no?

You dont need to be doing rush down to be mindlessly attacking. At least in 2D games that's certainly not true. Flow charty players are just a style of play that relies on doing the same shit even if it isnt working in their favor, because they dont know how to do anything else.

You dont need to be doing rush down to be mindlessly attacking. At least in 2D games that's certainly not true. Flow charty players are just a style of play that relies on doing the same shit even if it isnt working in their favor, because they dont know how to do anything else.
Ah the one true move/combo scrub. Well that is certainly true. But we are talking about the lowest of the low levels of scrub play here, nothing you could really blame the char for right?

I think such tactics should be meaningless against decent players.

But we are talking about the lowest of the low levels of scrub play here, nothing you could really blame the char for right?

I think such tactics should be meaningless against decent players.

Which is why i was kind of surprised at someone calling all Viola players flow chart juggle whores.

But honestly i shouldnt take anything in this thread as serious criticism, judging from some of the stuff people wrote here.

Back