Devil Jin Combo Discussion

I just have one question: I was experiencing great success online with ABKK. The kicks seem to come out pretty slowly, but no matter who I fought, they always hit. Is it a NC?

So it seems that 66B+G ~ 9KBK2K is a guaranteed string.. Or at least it seems to be. Does a nice bit of damage and doesn't seem to be escapable, anyone want to test?

Wow the DJ forum is pretty dead, did he get nerfed in the day 1 patch? Because he really doesn't seem as OP as everyone was saying... He doesn't even have that awesome combo that was shown in a match pre-release, has that BE been removed from the game or what?

Wow the DJ forum is pretty dead, did he get nerfed in the day 1 patch? Because he really doesn't seem as OP as everyone was saying... He doesn't even have that awesome combo that was shown in a match pre-release, has that BE been removed from the game or what?

Are you talking about the 3A BE combos? if so, that brave edge is still in there, but it's unlisted in the movelist and i have no idea how to do it. Ive gotten it out occasionally by mashing 66 and A+B+K after 3A

that be is kinda useless I think. 3a is 15 frames, ewgf is 14 frames. on a ducking opponent, the 3a hits, but will still be ducking for the ewgf... so it's pretty pointless imo.

the 3a,be on hit gives +14.. just enough time for a perfect ewgf. theoretically, it will punish a standing -15 move ... but not worth the 1/2 meter imo. might as well just go for ewgf

I'll list a few simple combos I found, I'll label those that are easiest for the individual whose lame at EWGF:

-NOTE:
--CD (crouch dash - advance step) = 6523
--EWGF (electric wind god fist - J rising uppercut) = 6523B (J)
--SSL (side step left)
--SSR (side step right)
--WS (while standing - while rising)
--CH (counter hit)
--For 22_88B, always SSR (maximizes its natural evasion capability)
--TLC (twin lancer cancel) = 3Ab A+B+K (BE)
--FLY = 2B+K
--I'm NOT going to specify for when you need to do a dashing EWGF (DEWGF, 66_666523B JF)
--EWGF is your tech trap
--CD lags in crouching position much longer than in Tekken, so it can regularly punish highs
--Devil Jin's critical edge is more or less usless for ring outs and TLC is much better
--All TLC combos for 100% SG can be dono with less, just take away the multiple TLC loops

-Combos:
--HARD (not hard if your a Mishima player in Tekken):
22B, 22B, 8A+B, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF
22B, 22B, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF
22B, 22B, 1B, EWGF
22B, 22B, 8A+B, EWGF, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
22B, 22B, 8A+B, EWGF, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
22B, 22B, 8A+B, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
22B, 22B, 8A+B, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
66B+G, EWGF
66B+G, A+B (BE), EWGF
WSB, EWGF
WSB, CD A (BE)
4B3, EWGF, EWGF
4B3, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
4B3, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
CH 4K, 46AA3B, EWGF, EWGF
CH 4K, 46AA3B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
CH 4K, 46AA3B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
CH 4K, 2B+K, EWGF, EWGF
CH 4K, 2B+K, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
CH 4K, 2B+K, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
66A, 11A, EWGF
CH 46AA3B, EWGF, EWGF
CH 46AA3B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
CH 46AA3B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
2B+k, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF
2B+k, EWGF, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
2B+k, EWGF, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
2B+K, 8A+B, EWGF
2B+K, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
2B+K, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9
EWGF, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF, 8A+B, TLC, EWGF
EWGF, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF
EWGF, EWGF, EWGF, 1B, EWGF
EWGF, EWGF, B+K B K
EWGF, EWGF, B+K, EWGF
EWGF, EWGF, EWGF, CD A9
EWGF, EWGF, EWGF, CD A9 (BE)
EWGF, EWGF, CD A9
EWGF, EWGF, CD A9 (BE)
EWGF, 8A+B, A+B (BE), EWGF
EWGF, iWSA B (BE), EWGF
WSA B (BE), EWGF
WSA B, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF
WSA B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF
WSA B, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, CD A9

--EASY (if you feel lazy or are kind of lame):
22B, 22B, 8A+B, 8A+B, EWGF
22B, 22B, EWGF, B+K B K
22B, 22B8
WSB, 6kB
4B3, 8A+B, EWGF
CH 4K, 3KBK8~A+B (J techable)
CH 4K, 2B+K, 8A+B, EWGF
1B, 2K
66A, 3KBK
66A, SSL, EWGF
CH 46AAB, B+K B K
EWGF, 8A+B, EWGF
EWGF, DASH, B+K B K
EWGF, CD A9
EWGF, CD A9 (BE)
WSA B. 8A+B, EWGF

CH 4K, 2B+K, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, TLC, EWGF, EWGF

Absolutely to die for I love this so much

If you are looking to ringout and you want to spend meter you can do

EWGF-TLC- Repeat times three from a quarter of the stage to edge.

You could blow the meter if you are afraid of EWGF failing. TLC is not subject to air control IIRC?

As I described previously, EWGF stands for electric wind god fist (from tekken) and is labeled rising uppercut on the command list. The command using tekken notation is f,n,d,d/f+2 and for soul calibur it's 6 5 23B (JF - just frame).
To VWBF, it is better to ring out by ending with CD A9 (AT grab), it pushes further at the end and only rings out the opponent.

As I described previously, EWGF stands for electric wind god fist (from tekken) and is labeled rising uppercut on the command list. The command using tekken notation is f,n,d,d/f+2 and for soul calibur it's 6 5 23B (JF - just frame).
To VWBF, it is better to ring out by ending with CD A9 (AT grab), it pushes further at the end and only rings out the opponent.
I can agree with that. sometimes input error can cause it to drop so I was saying a sure fire thing if you aren't to confident in your inputs.

think it would be a good idea to have that EWGF tutorial posted to the front of the thread?

Well since there isn't a wavedash, or buffering and canceling of such, in Soul Calibur like in Tekken, there shouldn't be a need for one, it's fairly straight foward (just doing the command fast). This is similar to the reason why Yoshimitsu doesn't have a tutorial for iMCF.

Also if you need an easier command for the EWGF combos, after LNC do:
8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, CD A9

This is much easier and goes about the same distance, but much less damage (which doesn't really matter if your intent is to ring out).

Well since there isn't a wavedash, or buffering and canceling of such, in Soul Calibur like in Tekken, there shouldn't be a need for one, it's fairly straight foward (just doing the command fast). This is similar to the reason why Yoshimitsu doesn't have a tutorial for iMCF.

Also if you need an easier command for the EWGF combos, after LNC do:
8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, 8A+B, TLC, CD A9

This is much easier and goes about the same distance, but much less damage (which doesn't really matter if your intent is to ring out).

That would be easier I though looking at it now, I'd rather push people to learn EWGF than settle for anything less lol.

It pretty much opens his ability to do damage, plus EWGF TLC loop doesn't really have much down sides to failure on execution

It's all a matter of preferance, since it's an easy command you can spam the input of the 8A+B command in lag and still do it right whereas EWGF will get disrupted in lag spikes. But, by all means, as far a competitive play is concerned, urge people to learn EWGF.

Here's a video created awhile ago on how to better do EWGF (note: this is for Kazuya in Tekken so some of this differs, e.g. wavedash and PEWGF):

The Main Man (A Tekken Combo Master, Mishima Execution of extraordinarily speed and former member of Team A.C.E.) has thrown his hand into the SCV CMV Arena:

Okay if we post any more videos then I'm gonna recommend we place these links into the media thread

Back