Do you insult people online after losing to them?

normally i give advice to people i beat if i see room for improvement. i'm a nice guy. haven't gotten that once from the 11 people that beat me. normally i'm cool but when someone wins and brags about it or is a dick i don't see me learning from them or especially "wanting to be like them." especially if they used a scrubby tactic in their fight.

but most of this "advice" in this thread about "get better" "tech crouch" and all that is just easier-said-than-done advice. it doesn't really help anyone. some people in 8wayrun (let alone online) are just mean. there are some people that are just starting to play SC for the first time let alone SC5 and instead of the seniors giving advice they just tell them how scrubby the person is for falling for certain tactics?

most of this "advice" in this thread about "get better" "tech crouch" and all that is just easier-said-than-done advice. it doesn't really help anyone.
Oh for god's sake, shut up!

Doing things learned from better players is NEVER EVER detrimental and being called out on something makes it more memorable, eg. getting called out on my ass A Pat at the release party has had me in training mode all day to improve. Getting better is not easier said than done - play more, go offline, stop listening to online players like you.

... I feel better now I've shouted at someone, lol.

I'm a casual player of average skill, mostly play online with 60-70% win rate so I'm neither destroying people nor getting horribly owned most of the time. I keep it classy and send only GG messages, complements on good CAS designs, or questions on characters/moves after games.

I never respond and block every person that sends me any kind of trash talk message on fighting games. Yes, my block list is now HUGE.

.. I feel better now I've shouted at someone, lol.
Must you be so cruel, haha.

I agree with him that community should be more helpful to newcomers. It's always been a problem here on 8WR. If I was a newbie here, some people would probably scare me off quickly.

Only person I've ever put on my block list was someone who started talking huge amounts of shit to me after I beat him within the first week of SCIV coming out. The REALLY funny thing is that the reason he was pissed at me is because he said I block too much. lolol

I attempted to be reasonable and tell him that, people block, it's part of the game. He didn't even break my Soul Gauge, so obviously I wasn't blocking THAT much. Whatever.

Must you be so cruel, haha.

I agree with him that community should be more helpful to newcomers. It's always been a problem here on 8WR. If I was a newbie here, some people would probably scare me off quickly.

To be honest, I've been playing Soul Calibur since SC1 but I've never been to a tournament, and it's some of the people's attitudes on here that keep me from going.

I've never insulted anyone, but I'll be the first to call certain characters cheap within the first round of losing for damn sure.

To be honest, I've been playing Soul Calibur since SC1 but I've never been to a tournament, and it's some of the people's attitudes on here that keep me from going.
Don't worry, majority of those people are actually very cool when you meet them in person. You should definitely go to tournaments and have fun while you still can.

You will find people much more inviting face to face.

I don't understand this thread at all, I didn't think people with these mindsets would care enough about the game to search for a discussion forum. Isn't the reason to be here to improve?

Oh for god's sake, shut up!

Doing things learned from better players is NEVER EVER detrimental and being called out on something makes it more memorable, eg. getting called out on my ass A Pat at the release party has had me in training mode all day to improve. Getting better is not easier said than done - play more, go offline, stop listening to online players like you.

... I feel better now I've shouted at someone, lol.
look at you go giving people your personal story and calling me an online player. are you done? and i distinctly remember going a tourney so how does that make me an online player? because I play online since there is no SC scene near me? I'm pretty sure half the people on this site don't have an active scene. so excuse us for not having that luxury.

to think i tried defending you and your reputation once. man did that bite me in the ass.

Back