Does anyone ever go back to play this game.

sorry i was being sarcastic. There is nothing wrong with either of them really. They are just there for you to battle in.

i actually bought this game AFTER soul calibur 4 just to check out the "old" tira because I fell in love her/the game a little late. haha.. it's fun seeing all of the character progressions. The mall also has sc2 in it's arcade.. so i've been able to check that out and i have the sc1 demo.

That's cool to hear. I was under the impression that Soul Calibur hadn't picked up any new fans since part 2. If you're getting into the story, I recommend downloading the full version of SC1: that has a lot to read, but if you want to get the real beginnings of the main characters, you've got to go back to Soul Blade on PS1, and then if you're anything like me, you'll want to read some of the aggregating resources like the (cornily-written and factually imperfect) story FAQ on GameFAQs.

I see that you like Amy, too. Did you know that her first appearance was in the opening movie for the home version of SC2?

Caleb: Most EPIC signature EVER :lol:

i'll just post this here, and see what happens:

me on shoryuken.com said:
k me and my friends are getting a little tired of playing sc4. and we wanna take is back a notch. we do believe that sc2 is da best of dem all. but i guess with the lack of characters sc3/4 had....that get's kinda boring too.

so i suppose sc3 will have to do.

anyway,

i want to know what version of sc3 is the most balanced? obviously the american version is not. so it's either between the jp and euro? i know/heard sc3: ae is off da chain, but it's arcade only. and last time i checked it wasn't on mame :sad:.

can anyone help a brotha out with some good pro sc3 info...

seriously???

SC3 was the shit. I pop it in to play and enjoy all this good stuff I miss and its still fun. It never ceases to amaze me how much better some of the people are cause I damn sure miss Killik being the best and I miss other small stuff like Seigfried hard ass voice and Tira's big tities

I doubt anybody can answer that. Sorry. If you want to play some old Calibur, you should join the "Madison Soul Calibur Community" on Facebook. We'll be doing another complete series retro tourney day soon, and that's the only way to get the invite. SC3AE will be there.

Hey Caleb thanks for the input. Hopefully I'll be able to make the retro tournament. Retro SC > SC4 IMHO. So it'll be fun!!!

Does anyone else know about the differences between sc3 jap and sc3 euro? Is one more balanced than the other. I know sc3 usa is trash.

iight cool. cuz i'm having trouble finding a jap copy of sc3. there's a pal one available but i dunno if it'll work for my american ps2 and swap magic 3.8.

what are they exact differences of sc3 us and sc3 jap/euro? is it just the xainghua 66a+b cancel, or more? this is kinda embarrassing, but i know next to nothing about the vc cancel. just i heard u guys say either it's hella broke. or adds depth to the character.

any more info would be greatly appreciated.

There were lots of minor changes in frame data (mostly moves became more unsafe on block). In terms of move changes, X's 66A+B was removed, Sophitia and Cassandra's big combo were removed (you can't combo with 66A+B into 66B after launch). Nightmare's 4 is disadvantage on block instead of plus. Upgrades include: Kilik's 44B stunning on CH, Maxi's 2A+B knocking down on CH, and Xianghua's 33B, 1BB becoming a combo from any side. Also, Ivy's command throw glitch was fixed. She used to randomly do a regular throw instead of CS.

Xianghua and Sophitia were still the best characters. Even though X lost her cancel, she gained that retarded combo with 33B which did 1/3 life damage, and Sophitia had a replacement combo that still did around the same damage (66B into 9A, and something else). IMO, SC3 was just marginally better on the JAP version... might as well play on USA, won't make a real difference. Lastly, VC was a glitch post-GI where you press G22 upon impact and you could instantly recover and do whatever the hell you want. It's more of a balance problem than added-depth. Don't learn it, IMO.

Yo Vince! I REALLY am happy u responded to my post. Trust me I've been lookin everywhere for this info. Thanks again.

One last ? though:

Is VC removed in the jap version of sc3?

Again thanks. And this info is going to be put to good use. I really now wish, they would've released sc3:ae on console. I wonder how many people would play that over sc4 o_0

lol

Accualy I do ..
I REALLY hate the fact they replaced chronicles of the sword with that damn tower ...
And I finished SC3 so I got lots of stuff there thats fun to.)

devildigimon: VC was still in JAP console. I like SC4, but Hwang is missing for no good reason, so I'd rather play SC3 or SC3:AE... SC4 is still a better game, I think. Each game has its ups and downs for sure.

yo u guys thanks for all your input. especially u vince :lovin:!!! you guys helped me figure out which consolde sc3 me and my friends so should play. maybe some day in the future we can post some match vids or somethin.

the problem is i just gotta find a jap version of sc3 :(

i can't find it anywhere.

yeah if sc3: ae was available in my area or on console i'd be all over that.

and i'm sure a lot of other people would be as well...despite what syxx said...LOL!

No, Syxx is right. You're insane if you think a noticeable number of people would go back from SC4 to SC3, especially any version of console SC3. You're also insane if you think that anyone who rejects console SC3 would suddenly decide to go whole-assed into it just because you got the Japanese version. You're also insane if you think a console release of SC3AE would have sold more than 1,500 copies worldwide.

Collectors care about these things. I know: I have a stockpile of old versions of Soul Calibur. I look for more versions on eBay every week, but to expect anyone else to care about the difference between the American and Japanese versions of the same Playstation game is wacky, wacky, wacky.

Insane, crazy. Barnswallows. Cuccoo.

Back