Does Yoda really Rape Hilde?

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
So I'm up for Evo with my ivy and I'm still on this path of...what to do about hilde. The MU isn't horrible but I'm just not a fan of 1 shot combos wrecking a good tempo. Everyone is saying Yoda has like a 3/7 on here. And in my mind I'm like Yoda...lol...he's horrible. The obvious is that he survives the doom combo...but what else does the guy got going for him? Also what other characters does he defeat well?

I may start having him as my alt if someone could shed some light on this guy and what other reasons he has over hilde since hilde is not just all doom combo.

I've played Hilde vs. Yoda several times...And I'd have to say it was a fairly easy matchup. (for hilde)
Sure, she can't doom combo. That's not the only thing hilde can do, unless everyone has forgotten that fact. So in my opinion, Yoda is still terrible. Not being able to sidestep is also a problem for yoda, here. I'm fairly certain C2BB C3A C2B C2AA still works.

Yoda gives Hilde problems in that she can't really use charge moves against him as they will randomly whiff. Her BB is slow and can be rolled under. The main thing is that she doesn't have a move that she can just spam against him and win.

Well maybe I should phrase it like this. If your Hilde, who would be a more favorable MU Ivy or Yoda (or any character that you feel is hardest for Hilde to beat)

I fear Ivy more because the guy who plays Ivy where I am is actually good. where as everyone here has a scrub yoda.
That said, I'd hate to fight yoda more because the match feels like it's dictated by his flow and I have to try interrupt that flow.

Back