East Coast Throwdown 4 Results!

To be honest I felt that the SC event was run a bit lazily from mixing up the names in the first round (which probably had something to do with me being randomly put into losers...) to the lazy commentators not paying attention and trying to peg me with a loss in a game I won 3 straight. I'm just going to say I recorded all of my matches when I won. My friend Solkuro can vouch for me. I believe Jaxel getting me mixed up with Harm is where the confusion started. This was my first Soul Calibur tournament. I hope my next experience is a better one.

The confusion started because you weren't sitting on the side that your character was playing on. But even without the confusion, your next match would have been Woahhzz which would have put you in losers anyway.

Plus you still had the opportunity to make it out of pools and a second chance, and I'm sure that your next tournament will be alot better, so I hope that you're not soured by what happened.

I would say the only problem was the List and how it went by Real names and some were GamerTags and even then some were misspelled and hard to read or pronounce I know my GamerTag was Misspelled and was pronounced wrong by others that didn't know me. But other than that Things went smoothly until I started getting Sleepy and hungry waiting for my match next time i'll just go get something to eat when I have the time >_<

This has been a pain for me because the signups were done with real names that were illegible, so we had to go through each bracket to make sure that we had everyone accounted for. This was a big problem for me at Winter Brawl going through 130+ names. We don't have this problem for the SC tournaments that are ran outside of a major. If anyone from ECT is reading this, doing the brackets with gamertags and not people's real names would be a huge help.

so if a person is not a "known" player hes automatically going to get destroyed by killers lol. the second chance thing was already to late in anyways cause he had to keep a lost with a person he shouldn't have even played to begin with. Even if it was losers fate still did well against all of his opponents or are u saying all of his opponents where garbage cause if that was the case what does that make gamerbee who lost his first match. In my case I didnt enter cause of money issues and could only enter AE at the time but rest assure ull see me at summer jam.

We're talking about Woahhzz who has been the best SC on the east coast for the past few years and would have been his next match in Pool A. It doesn't excuse the mistake that happened, but the result would have been the same anyway because he still would have needed to make it out of losers which he had the opportunity to do so, plus a second chance.

But the thing is that we do give people the opportunity to look at the bracket, and at any other tournament, people go through the bracket with a fine tooth comb, so you want to make sure that you are looking at it periodically to make sure that your result is recorded properly if you won and to see who your next opponent is. And if there is a mistake, then let the person who is running the bracket know before you play any other matches because once we get too far in the bracket, then it's too late to go back and correct the mistake.

When I lost to prometheus I looked at the bracket and noticed I was still in winners and he was placed in losers. So I fixed the problem. Mistakes do happen but if you keep up with the brackets like Malice said you can fix those mistakes before they become something serious.

u think so? so what if he is the best. I know fate would of still done well win or lose. the mentally of high levels trashing everyone needs to really change because in certain cases it doesn't always go down like that for example go look at the results from ect mk results. "the best players are unknowns". and Im not trying to trash players like woahhzz when I say that quote.

u think so? so what if he is the best. I know fate would of still done well win or lose. the mentally of high levels trashing everyone needs to really change because in certain cases it doesn't always go down like that for example go look at the results from ect mk results. "the best players are unknowns". and Im not trying to trash players like woahhzz when I say that quote.

He actually did do well in Pool A. The mistake worked in his benefit. Plus the opportunity to take down GamerBee. It's not about trash talking.

So I saw the match in Pool D and the names were reversed when Fate was fighting Harm. It's a small mistake with a few communication issues due to it being loud and this being the first time meeting these players. I know there was a Slight mistake where jaxel reversed my 2-0 on Lord Savior and had him have 2-0 on me until it was fixed. The place was loud.

I'm glad they gave him a second chance; it was the right thing to do. I'm glad I came out, and while my 0-2 in the pools was ignomious, I had fun -- particularly in my second match and in casuals Saturday morning (going 3/13 against Harm) and on Sunday (where I got my ass truly handed to me by...I dunno).

I'm only sorry I couldn't arrange for casuals on Saturday evening -- I was trying to be polite and stay out of the area after my pool (plus the weekend was a GWII beta weekend so I got to have fun with that in my room) and finals were over and done with and the SCV area was abandoned (and filled with people cheering the money matches) by the time I came back down at around 8pm.

Oh, and I wish people had spelled my tag right.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed myself. I learned a great deal as player. And I got to play Gamerbee, who I heard a good deal about. Can't wait for ECT5. LOL

I wasn't doing the brackets... LordSavior was. I don't quite understand what you mean by "lazy". The tournament was WAY ahead of schedule; except for the one mistake, LordSavior did a good job. We were cranking through it faster than any other event. But we didn't "mix up" any names, the problem was that the ECT guys gave us a list of players by their REAL NAMES... so we had no idea who people were, since we usually go by gamer tags.

That being said, you made top 16. If the match was recorded properly, you still would have had to beat both Woahhzz and Gamerbee to make it out of your pools. Woahhzz won the tournament; I don't think you would have beaten him. And you DID play Gamerbee and lost. You got the same rank I expect you would have gotten if we recorded the match correctly; you just had to play two extra matches to get there. Anyways, you were given a second chance and put into Pool D as well...

Either way... I loved watching your Raphael and I desperately wanted you to beat Gamerbee in pool A. I hope the experience hasn't soured your interest in future tournaments. This was a big mistake by us, and one that I hope we don't make again.

It was fun and I apreciate the praise. I'll definitely practice some more and hopefully attend summerjam.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed myself. I learned a great deal as player. And I got to play Gamerbee, who I heard a good deal about. Can't wait for ECT5. LOL

Don't forget about Summer Jam in August. Shit's going to be nuts.

nice meeting some of you this weekend. hopefully i can run some sets with you guys sometime before summer jam. shoutouts to raph. i gotta learn that matchup better :/

so if a person is not a "known" player hes automatically going to get destroyed by killers lol. the second chance thing was already to late in anyways cause he had to keep a lost with a person he shouldn't have even played to begin with. Even if it was losers fate still did well against all of his opponents or are u saying all of his opponents where garbage cause if that was the case what does that make gamerbee who lost his first match. In my case I didnt enter cause of money issues and could only enter AE at the time but rest assure ull see me at summer jam.
I'm not seeing this "known" player mentality thing you keep on harping on about both here and on youtube. While yes, we're saying that Fate would probably have lost to Woahhzz, something I ABSOLUTELY do not do during my tournaments is given the "benefit of doubt" to known players. If anything, historically I have been HARDER on known players than the new guys; simply because I believe that known players should know better.

"Unknown" players, especially in Soulcalibur have shown up and blown up tournaments... we see it all the time. Thermidor, Something-Unique and SonicFox when they first showed up were what most would consider "unknown" players. Hell, remember that I'm the TO who DQ'ed RAMON in Winter Brawl 2008... a man I've known for years. Only to have him come back and WIN THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT.

As I said before... I don't show favoritism to known players, even if they are my friends. If this issue happened with something else in the tournament, and they came to complain about it FIVE rounds later, I would have told them the same thing... "I'm sorry for the mistake, but we've gone too far to fix it now".

So, thoughts on ECT:

I had a great time. Shoutouts to everyone being nice and the tournament running with as few hitches as possible.

Also, it was great playing those I played in both tournament and in casuals. I still have so much to learn.

Finally, to my MD/VA people, it was great chilling with everyone and just enjoying the weekend. I'm planning out where to go next, there's so much coming up!

Can't wait to see the vids! Congrats, Woahhzz! Hope everyone had a good time!

I thought I was too old to play so I did not enter the tournament... Then I realized later that it didn't really matter since I'm pretty sure there was some guys in their 40's there... Maybe next time I will bring out the Arthritis medicine. Not that it matters but I was the mysterious black guy in the security shirt. Surprisingly the banquet director mistook me for someone with authority.

Back