*embarrassed* someone explain the SXS lvls to me again

Artilust

[10] Knight
lol. because I still dont understand, and I have officially taken Xianghua under my wing instead of just fooling around with her.

I thought at first it was when you enter SXS you build up a level of probability to increase the levels of SXS?

But then I was hearing people say that some moves guarantee the occurrence of SXS3?

PLEASE. Explain this thing to me in SIMPLISTIC terms, very slowly in detail. lol

Are you kidding me? Thats exactly what I dont understand, hence me making this post.

I dont need an over complicated definition with terms like "stocks" and algebra formulas.

Lets try this again . . .

ok, ill try to put it as simply as possible. SX3 is like a fat girl with a great heart and personality - it takes time for her to work out, get hot, and become perfect.

Try this - map a button to a grab, then get into SXS and press the grab button - it wont work right away, but when it does that means you are in SXS2, and if you turn blue you are in SXS3

With each level of SXS you gain new shit. Level 2 gives you throws, level 3 gives you damage and guard crushes.

How to know where you are - if you've used a few SXS moves and you are not turning blue - you are in SXS2. If you used SXS for the first time in a match - you are in SXS1. If your ass is blue - you are in SXS3. Attacking from SXS3 causes you to lose your charge so you are likely noty gonna be blue next time. Throws from SXS2 and 3 do the same thing, so if you throw, you will likely drop down a level as well.

Taunts:
If you do the booty slap, you are in SXS1 but your next attack will be in SXS 2
If your sword turns purple - you are in SXS2 and your next attack will be in SXS3 (blue shit)
If you point and laugh - you are in SXS3, why the fuck are you taunting during it? do work

[Edit: Bah, I've just written a novel for nothing...]

SXS means that you don't finish a combo, and instead, Xianghua says "Just kidding!"
When you do this, you can follow up with an attack.

First there's SXS 1. You can follow up with attacks. The possible attacks are A, or B, or K.
On playstation, that's probably square, triangle, and circle...

Second, there's SXS2, which is the same as SXS1, except that you can follow up with a grab if you want, or a taunt, if you want. The attacks are still available, but the same as SXS1.

SXS3, the grab is the same, the taunt differs, and the attacks get an additionnal effect attached to them.

Well, let's say that you perform [A+K] (Hold) ... She spins on the ground, and then says "Just kidding!"
You've performed SXS level 1, and accumulated one stock.

You do it again. [A+K], she spins, says "Just kidding!"
You've performed SXS level 1, and accumulated a second stock.

You do it a third time, you've performed SXS level 2, and accumulated a third stock.

It means that when you have 3 stocks, you start doing SXS level 2.

You do it a fourth time, level 2, stock 4.

You do it a fifth time, she flashes blue.
It means that you've entered SXS3. (Level 3, Stock 5.)

That's the maximum level.

Now, let's reset. (Click on the right hand joystick, or choose the reset option in the option menu.)

You're back to square one.

Hold A+K 5 times. On the fifth time, after she says "Just kidding!" and makes a blue flash, press K.

Now hold A+K once again. You'll notice that she's not flashing anymore.
That's because the K attack has costed 3 stocks.
5 stocks minus 3 stocks = 2 stocks. Because of the [A+K] you just did, you now have 3 stocks. You need to do it two more times if you want to go back to 5 stocks, which is level 3.

So, 3 stocks is SXS2, 5 stocks is SXS3, and you can go up to 8 stocks, that's the limit.
If you follow SXS2 or SXS3 with a taunt, it raises your stocks even more than just sitting there, waiting for the SXS animation to finish.
Each attack that chains from SXS costs a set amount of stocks.
Your amount of stock remains after a round, so if you win a round, it's good to hold [A+K] to get more stocks ready for the next round.

The additionnal effects attached to SXS3 attacks are clearly written in X_A's post.

And if you didn't get that already, I use [A+K] in my example because it's one of the attacks that lead to Xianghua saying "Just kidding!". So you can replace [A+K] with whichever attack that you want which leads to SXS. The list of those attacks is also clearly written in X_A's post.

Long story short.

When you enter SXS. You gain 1 stock.
When you taunt during SXS. You gain 1 stock. (So going into SXS Taunt = 2 stocks)
Normal SXS moves take up 1 stock (the standard A, B and K)
SXS Throw costs 3 stocks.
SXS Buffed A,B or K cost 4 stocks.

Once you hit 4 stocks, X flashes blue to help with your math.
You can hold a maximum of 8 stocks.
You can carry stocks over to the next round.

Its really quite simple!

Long story short.

When you enter SXS. You gain 1 stock.
When you taunt during SXS. You gain 1 stock. (So going into SXS Taunt = 2 stocks)
Normal SXS moves take up 1 stock (the standard A, B and K)
SXS Throw costs 3 stocks.
SXS Buffed A,B or K cost 4 stocks.

Once you hit 4 stocks, X flashes blue to help with your math.
You can hold a maximum of 8 stocks.
You can carry stocks over to the next round.

Its really quite simple!

OMG. Thanks a billion, that was exactly what I needed, simplicity.

Lol @ the other guys explaining it to me like I have down syndrome or something. Thanks tho!

You gotta admit that if someone can't understand from the post that I linked, that someone pretty much HAS to be slow. Heh.

*embarrassed* someone explain the SXS lvls to

This kind of stuff really scares me. O_O

So...are you supposed to keep track of this stock during a match? It sounds difficult.

Back