Escape is Futile; Ivy Combos

Another topic : what is your combo when you break the guard of the opponent ? Because 3B~6B8 does 30dmg... I found FC3BB~4B8~214B something like 60dmg. Even CS does less dmg...
How to make profit of guard break ?

I read in another forum (Xianghua's) that damage is relative to the move you break with, I would assume tis something universal but I havent tested anything with other characters on the matter therefore I can't comment for sure, but it is something you should think about

I'll just keep on playing online and waiting for the patch to drop. Doesn't seem fair that I can play online and do the combo though.....

I found this combo, didn't know if he was already mentionned :
22_88A (LH)~ FC3BB(delay 2nd B)~66B+K~6B8 (99 dmg)

Or it's possible to do 4B8~214B (114 dmg) after 66B+K.

Do you any tips for combo FC1B~4A~4B8 ? The timing between 1st and 2nd hits are so short ! Can you make Ivy turn back faster or something like that ?

FC 1B, 4A, 214B, 5hit JF is 100dmg so its a better option. Even if you do SE BBB, it will be over 80dmg

Well, nice info ! Thanks ;)

But concerning the timing between FC1B~4A ? I cannot do it...maybe there is a tips ?

Best combo for LH 22_88A is probably FC3BB 66B+K but then follow with 4B8 into 214B.

New to Ivy and was messing around. Found this and didn't see it posted (It may be in a vid, I didn't watch any yet).

LH 66[A], 9B+K, 8A+B (93-94 dmg. seems to vary by 1 point occasionally.)

Anyone got any cool combo's that end with SE 8B+K? I know it's not the optimal ender damage wise but I plan to use Ivy just to style on fools anyway.

New to Ivy and was messing around. Found this and didn't see it posted (It may be in a vid, I didn't watch any yet).

LH 66[A], 9B+K, 8A+B (93-94 dmg. seems to vary by 1 point occasionally.)

Anyone got any cool combo's that end with SE 8B+K? I know it's not the optimal ender damage wise but I plan to use Ivy just to style on fools anyway.

If I get an AA lethal hit, my favourite combo is

AA (LH), 6B[A], SE [K], SE 8B+K.

This does comparable damage to ending it with 214B (like maybe a point or two less) and it puts them half a screen away, right where you want them.

This also works for LH 22_88 A.

Last edited:
Is FC 3BB, 66B+K consistent? I've seen this in a lot of combo videos but it doesn't seem to come out for me. Either 66B+K just hits them on the floor, in which case you'd have been better going with 4B8, or the first hit doesn't reach them. Can this be done consistently or is it range dependent?

So I've noticed within the last, few days that Ivy's standing B+K, when hitting an airborne opponent, no longer pops them up over your head (as could be seen in Jaiimy's video at 2:34).

Instead, it appears to pop an airborne opponent straight up — with Ivy's back to them, allowing you to follow up with her back-facing A to flip 'em into an upside down spin, finishing with moves such as 1B+K, her new Soul Charge Attack… or, if they attempt an Ukemi, 22/88(B) for the pop-up… with just about whatever follow up you want, like SE 6B, 4A, 6B8 — I can't get 4(A) into SE BBBBB or 8B+K consistently enough, but that's just me, although I can occasionally pull off a CE out of SE.

I take it this is what's referred to as an "Ukemi trap?" I mean I'm the kind of "casual" who never learned the terminology past movement syntax, I just went with "what worked."

…and, this alteration seems as though it can work really well compared to before; now I just need to find an adequate pop-up to use besides 9B+K. I've only managed to pull this off once online (haven't been playing Ivy all that much, lately), and I'm still exploring different training options to see what could go wrong.

EDIT: So I was messing around in training earlier and it would seem that a counter-clockwise 22/88(B) works best; the clockwise 22/88(B) consistently missed against a Back or Right Ukemi.

Last edited:
Back