Favorite Main Series Resident Evil/Biohazard game

• Resident Evil 1/Director's Cut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil 0 (Gamecube)

• Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)

• Total voters
So I love the resident evil/Biohazard series and have been since the first one came out. I've read the books looked through a couple of comics, watched all the movies, played all the games (given the gameboy advanced and nintendo wii games). I just looked up the new movie for 2012 and am actually anticipating the movie.

So basically this is a spot for a resident evil fans and curious bystanders, onlookers, and rubbernecks. anything you want to discuss about it is here and if there are any questions I should be able to answer them and if not either I'll find the answer or maybe a fellow fan will help out.

I liked most RE games before RE4 i think there they somehow lost a lot of atmosphere.
I mean everyone shat their pants or broke their pad in the dog scene from RE1 but in RE4 and RE5 i barely got goosebumps. They're more like action shooters, not survival horror.

I hope capcom and Resident Evil find their way back to their old scary glory ASAP.
Else i'd have to stick to Dead Space.
I loved RE, like the poisonous hunters in Code Veronica, Birkin and the Golem in 2 and all that.
But 4 and 5 are just not RE for me, they are good games, but no really RE.

About the movies: I hate them!
They would be totally cool action movies if they wouldn't call themselves Resident Evil.
Resident Evil movies IMO should be about normal people with little ammo against hordes of zombies.
Not Milla frakkin superpowers Jovovich.

I liked most RE games before RE4 i think there they somehow lost a lot of atmosphere.
I mean everyone shat their pants or broke their pad in the dog scene from RE1 but in RE4 and RE5 i barely got goosebumps. They're more like action shooters, not survival horror.

I hope capcom and Resident Evil find their way back to their old scary glory ASAP.
Else i'd have to stick to Dead Space.
I loved RE, like the poisonous hunters in Code Veronica, Birkin and the Golem in 2 and all that.
But 4 and 5 are just not RE for me, they are good games, but no really RE.

Not Milla frakkin superpowers Jovovich.
or just call her Mary Sue of RE. but what kept me interested in the movies is that they are finally including a full RE original character cast. Jovovich is just eye candy more than anything. and at first she got on my nerves but finally they brought her out of her invincibility status and now she's human and vulnerable again. plus the next movie has Wesker and crazy Jill in it and I'm curious how they're gonna play that out. but I agree with you on the newer non horror games. but I don't think Dead Space would make any difference considering it's influences and gameplay styles are RE4 and 5. try some horror PS2 games. that's what I'm doing. Clock tower, RE Outbreak, fatal frame, siren, etc. plenty of horror games for the PS2.
and those hunters from the RE remake were probably one of my favorite enemies. they were badass.

also it seems like the new RE:ORC seems to probably bring back some horror atmosphere back to it. but we'll see. right now I'm still wearing my Umbrella sweater proudly though.

It's REALLY hard for me to pick a favorite, I just love the entire series (yes...even 5!).
But I guess if I REALLY had to vote on which one I really enjoyed the most...I guess it'd be a tie between RE2 and RE:Code Veronica.

RE2 just brings back too many memories...I remember when I was really little my dad had bought it for the PS1. The way it got into the house was that my uncle lend him #1 first....that shit gave me nightmares...especially the semi-last boss fight with Tyrant..you know...when he gets out of his tube and "kills wesker". :P
I remember my oldest brother crying on that scene, lol.
But anyways, Code Veronica is my #1 choice because of the music and the story. I fucken LOVED Alex and Alexia Alfred. To me...second best villains in the RE series, first comes Wesker of course. :3

I hope that after the series is done they'll remake RE1 - Code Veronica to todays graphics. I know that's asking for MUCH but I'd love to play RE2 with the graphics we have today. Of course the old ones will always have a special place in my heart and a shit ton of nostalgia, but I just think it'd be so bad ass to see Tyrrant in LCD/HD. :3

I just noticed...you didn't even add RE:Code Veronica!!!
And you call yourself a FAN!!! >(
Yeah I was feeling pretty bad when I read that you liked RE:Code Veronica. I completely forgot about that really long game. I haven't played it in a good little while. I'll try to get in contact with a moderator to change that. Once again I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I want to try a resident evil challenge like the ones they have on youtube but don't have enough hardcore RE players out where I live.

I was split between RE3 and RE4 but i voted for RE4 because the gameplay was much more scarier than the others

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is on my must have list and it beeter be awesome since it was supposed to be 45% done at E3 and still no solid release date.

Edit: March 20, 2012 SCV will take a back seat for a little bit i hope it doesn't get mad at me

That's what I'm talkin about. The have came back to the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the earlier games with the faster paced action of the later games

just pre-ordered the limited addition version of RE:ORC. didn't even know they had one until the guy at the counter told me.

Back