Exteel ... free shooter from NCSoft

Nuez

[09] Warrior
Do you like Zone of the Enders or giant mech anime and/or games? Exteel is free and awesome ...

I've been playing this game for a while now and it's one of my favorite online shooters to this day ... I just realized you guys may not know about it ...

It's a 3rd-person (kind of) giant robot mech shooter that is super fast-paced and the action is friggin fast and stylized ... action is kind of like zone of the enders (in how it is very stylized complete with "o shit" button special moves) but with a different gameplay system ...

your mech is totally customizable and can be built around any type of playstyle you like ... sniping (using lock-on targeting cannons or no auto-lock rocket launchers), mid-ranged combat (using rifles, SMGs, etc), close range combat (melee, shotguns, or mix of both, can also equip shields), or other misc. crap like a healer (yes, a healer, as in using medic attachments instead of weapons)

you buy parts using credits that you earn by playing matches ... you can also use NC Coins for certain parts and weapons by paying real money ... try to resist the temptation cuz you really don't need to

im not gonna go on about it anymore, just go get it at exteel.com if your computer is decent and try it out ... it's free anyway

to whoever gives it a try: send me a PM here so we can go a few rounds

hmmm...do i need to bother continuing this? Plumes computer crashes, its downloading at a breakneck speed of 3kb/s, and im not sure if my computer can even handle this game(forgot wat kind of video card i hav)...

yo plume, how did u get it to download faster?

edit: great, now its retrying its connection....

edit_again: Nevermind, its going faster now :-)

I closed my downloading client, and then came on 8wayrun.
I think that I simply had another client downloading in the background.

Edit: Good. :P

Great... another shitty game from a company that fired Richard Garriott... while he was in space.

=P to jaxel ... needs more chrononauts

and the game is probably two years old now so your comp should be able to handle it when you consider that

i initially had a problem dl'in it but it turns out it was a problem with my router ... ncsoft's online tech support is actually really good and if you message them they respond super fast ... also the exteel forums have some common problems and fixes posted ... most dl it without a problem though

hmmm ... feel like playin now .... pew pew

Any MMO that requires good ping is fail in my books. Or is this the one where you can't really aim? Either way, I'd avoid it.

A) not an MMO... it's a shooter
B) aiming does work differently due to the lock-on mechanic except for melee weapons and rocket-type weapons which have no lock and aim like any traditional shooter
C)it's not a traditional fps... it's very different and i'm hoping a game comes out like it that's way better but i haven't found any yet ... to each his own ...

I've had a lota fun with this game for a long time (about two years on and off) ... thought I'd share it with you guys

Back