Ezio Auditore Punishment Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyaImmortal

[08] Mercenary
While I am no Soul Calibur Expert, I figure i would make my first post here worthwhile so here we go. I will be sorting these by character and signature moves. I will get to each characters lesser used moves but since no one has really posted anything here I figured I would get the ball rolling.

Patraklos:
6BBB: Second hit can be sidestepped either direction After blocking the hit. 11A will cause crumple for combo in the middle of the sidestep, but you can use any 8WR moves to punish this due to the whole string whiffing. Still punishes if the person stops the string on the second hit

3B: Can be punished with 1BBB, 6B, and 6B ABK with meter

1K: Can be punished with WR BB

66 33 99 A: Cannot be punished on block

6{6} B: Cannot be punished on block

33 99 B: Not punishable on block

During JS A B: Can be sidestepped on the First hit causing the second to whiff and allow for punish of choice

During JS B ABK: First hit can be sidestepped and punished with move of choice

Viola:

6A B: Can be sidestepped after the first hit is blocked. Punish with Move of choice.

B B B: If close enough can be punished with AA, But that is about it. I wasnt able to punish with anything else. And if they stop with BB then it isnt punishable at all.

3B: Relatively safe on block. Can occasionally be punished with AA if Close enough other wise not punishable by any other moves

Jump K: Too far away for Ezio to punish reliably

6 A+B: Jails on block and is unpunishable

While Orb is set 2 A+b: Can be punished with WR BB.

4 A+B: Unpunishable on block but is slow enough to hit her out of it if you were to see it coming.

While Orb is set 4 B+k: Unpunishable on block

6{6} AAB: After the first hit the string can be interrupted with 2A. 2K is too slow to punish with. Second hit can be sidestepped one direction after blocking the first attack. The last hit can be sidestepped after blocking the first 2 attacks. Can be punished with move of choice.

Orb is set: 2{2} or 8{8} b A+B+K: Second hit can be sidestepped either way to be punished with move of choice.

Pyrrha:

3B: Can only be punished with 6B or 6b A+B+K. Pushes too far back to punish with anything else.

4B: Unpunishable on block but can be reacted to if used poorly

1k: Can be punished with WR K. Small window to punish so you have to react quickly.

66 33 99 A: Unpunishable on block

88 A: Unpunishable on block

6{6} B: Can be Sidestepped on reaction to move but is unpunishable on block.

6{6} 3{3} 9{9} k: Can be punished with AA, 6B and 6b A+B+K on block

During AS B: Can be punished with AA, BB, 1BBB, 6B, and 6b A+B+K

During AS A aA+B: Last hit can be punished by sidestepping in between the second and 3rd hits. Punish with move of choice. Can be Guard impacted between first and second hits for full punish. (generic info i know but still)

236236 A+B+K: Can be punished with 6B and 6b A+B+K

Leixia:

AAB: Punishable via A But AA misses. Would probably be good to just go for mixup here. Also Punishable with 236236A+B+K

6B A: Second hit can be ducked under and punished with WR BB or WR K.

6B aB: Huge delay in between so you can universally punish this and 6B A. With WR BB or WR K. You can also 236236 A+B+K in between. WR K counter hits so you can follow up with 44B.

3k: Can be punished with A but Second A whiffs. Probably best to just apply mixup in this situation.

4k: Unpunishable on block

2 A+B: Punishable with All WR moves. WR BB is probably your best punish here. If you scout this move ahead of time. You have enough time to punish the start up this move with 11A/77A and follow up with combo. It is that slow.

66 33 99 AA: Unpunishable on block

22 88 B: Punishable with 236236 A+B+K. timing is really tight but doable. 2A punishes this move as well. Your at +8 I believe on hit so apply your mixup from there.

44 11 77 B: Punishable with 236236 A+B+K. Also punishable with 4k, 3k, 33 66 99 BB(max range punishable),

AA A+B+K K: First 4 hits have to be blocked. cannot step in between the hits. If they go for the K follow up then you can punish with move of choice in between the move startup.

236236 A+B+K: Punishable with 236236 A+B+K. Pretty much any move you want. Extremely punishable move on block

Updated first post with Pyrrha and Viola

Third hit of BBB is duckable AND steppable if orb is out on Viola. If she HAS orb and uses BBB she's at -18ish on block.

Also if you block the third hit of BBB on orb recall she's at massive advantage, so you can't punish.

Third hit of BBB is duckable AND steppable if orb is out on Viola. If she HAS orb and uses BBB she's at -18ish on block.

Also if you block the third hit of BBB on orb recall she's at massive advantage, so you can't punish.

I stand corrected

With Ezio's lack of range, 4K is looking like his only reasonable medium range punisher. I still need to test, of course. 6B is too short and the second hit on BB has whiffed on me on many occasions.

Alright guys I have some new info against pat. Please excuse any spelling errors as I am posting this from my phone.

Pat

3b: if pat uses this move at tip range, ezios 1bbb will not punish it. You may get the first hit to connect but the other hits sometimes whiff. If you don't know how far you are from pat then just go for 6b.

11k: use WRk, FCb, FCa, FCk

Js k: 1bbb, 3b, 6b, 6b BE

B+K: CE. The bad thing is that you can only use the CE to punish if B+K is used up close, if its used at tip range then you can't punish with CE.

B+K: If you JG though, this move becomes extremely punishable to the point where you can punish with 66bb.

6BBB: As mentioned before, you can just step after the first B of the string, the other option is to go for Ezio's 6ABB. It will duck under the second hit of 6BBB and your attack will be a CH, also the timing isn't difficult in the least bit.

6BBB: Beside using 6ABB if you time it correctly you can 66BB after the second hit of Pat's

6BB is really good damage BUT if he doesn't do the second hit of the string you will be punished hard. You can sort of tell when Pat is going to use the second hit of his string but you have to really be paying attention.

Edit: Added some more Pat stuff and cleaned up some spelling errors.
Edit: 4-18-2012 added more punishment options to Pats 6BBB

I went into training a for a little while last night and played against Voldo. It seems as if a lot of his moves require you to JG, I was trying to punish one of his back turn stance moves and the tracking is really weird. Will post more info later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back