Ezio Gameplay Video Critiques

I've been trying to use the crossbow less as it usually gets me into more trouble than it's worth.

But Ezio's lack of range makes me rely on it a lot. I just probably don't know of any moves that can close the gap effectively.

I've been trying to use the crossbow less as it usually gets me into more trouble than it's worth.

But Ezio's lack of range makes me rely on it a lot. I just probably don't know of any moves that can close the gap effectively.

You can use the crossbow but just don't use it close range like you were doing in your vid, it's way easier to get punished for it.

Closing the gap with Ezio isn't that hard but it can be rather risky depending on how you go about doing it, my personal favorite moves for closing the gap are

66A
3A
66b (step=able)
22A
just running up and blocking

You can just for them to come to you though, backstep for a while and start shooting arrows (Crossbows actually shoots bolts, not arrows) from a distance. Shoot then step, eventually they realize that they have to come to you.

I feel like Ezio doesn't have very many decent low moves.

Is Insurance Stomp a decent move?

God no, that move is punishable on HIT. It's great for downed opponents or to end a match, but to use as a normal low you are better off with 11k and 2k. Combine 2k, 11k, throws and bG and you opponent should be ducking enough.

Alright thanks for the help.

Is there any way to incorporate his B+K unblockable in a way that makes it useful? I find it somewhat unwieldy.

Also what are your thoughts on his Air Tackle and Air Assassination moves?

Alright thanks for the help.

Is there any way to incorporate his B+K unblockable in a way that makes it useful? I find it somewhat unwieldy.

Also what are your thoughts on his Air Tackle and Air Assassination moves?

B+K is actually very good in that it is cancel-able, you can usually get your opponent to duck and go for 3b or if they step you can go for a grab or any of your step killing moves.

Air tackle has its place since it's a tech jump and causes a knock down state that leads to a guaranteed CE or 44b with out meter. His air assassination moves are alright it's just hard to find a place for them sometimes, using them on wake up isn't a bad idea.

Alright, I haven't been as active on the forum as much but I'm trying to get back into my SC groove, I have some more stuff for the punishment guide which has been something I had to put on the back burner for a little while. I created a Soul Calibur V Youtube channel that I am currently working on. It will be me playing FT4's or FT5's with some tournament level player and solid online players. I will only use Ezio in those matches in the hope that you guys can pick up some new set ups or even help me improve.

I originally intended to upload these myself but due to technical difficulties my ps3 didn't save the matches but luckily Suphy uploaded them and posted them onto youtube for me. We ran a FT5 and not the videos could be uploaded, the final score was 5-4 with Suphy winning. I still think Hilde is a horrible match up for Ezio

Solid ezio you got there jeuce, can we get a link to the yt channel you set up, I would love to see more of your gameplay (seeing as Im tryna pick up ezio and good ones are few and far between)

Solid ezio you got there jeuce, can we get a link to the yt channel you set up, I would love to see more of your gameplay (seeing as Im tryna pick up ezio and good ones are few and far between)

Funny thing, my YouTube account was suspended because I didn't use my real name. I hate having to go through Google just to set up an account. I'll create another account and post the link when its ready.

just wanna say thx 4 all the vids juece, hardly any support for ezio's out there and watching your stuff has helped me improve my game a bit. :)

Here is me playing Ezio in a tournament.

Rate and comment

Nice match, I saw some things that you could have done differently to get more damage though. On Pats 6BBB you can 6ABB or go for 66BB before the third hit comes out. Pats 3B can be punished with 6B from any range but if you are up close then you can use 1BBB. Also as Bib said when you use 1BBB you shouldn't use your CE unless it's a kill because the scaling pretty much makes it a waste of meter.

using 1BBB is usually meant for meterless damage and meter-gain. usually it's better to go straight into CE for roughly 10-15 more damage by skipping 1BBB.

@Ramon: How do you know the timing of landing the Just Guard on Xiba's 6BK string

Literally i can JG any 2nd hit off of almost anything... so i really dont know how to tell you how to do it besides PRACTICE it A LOT! It's essential for high level play!

Back