Ezio Matchup Discussion

How's Ezio against Algol? I'd image it should be pretty good since Ezio can stop Algol's bubble zoning setups.

How's Ezio against Algol? I'd image it should be pretty good since Ezio can stop Algol's bubble zoning setups.

I'd say that against Algol, it appears to be at a 6-4 Algol.

Here's why I think so:

Algol Pros:
- Algol has an i16 punisher that leads to at least 60 damage or more and has good range
- If he catches you on a whiff, he WILL PUNISH REAL HARD. Usually, it leads to 50%+ life gone (for 1 BE)
- He can zone you with proper bubble placement (though if you spot a mis-timed shot, you get free crossbow bolt to his face)
- Most of his common attacks are at most -15 or -16 on block (know your punish options)
- He makes a mistake, at most he loses 50% life. He catches you on a mistake, you lose 90% life at maximum (potential 100% with setup)
- He catches ezio's 4B+K, 4B, 44K, 11B, 11K for free with his chair grab (4B+K) that combos for up to 100 damage meterless
- High damage right side throw (65) and command throw (66A+G for 60 damage + free chair teleport frame traps)
- Anti-MID+LOW auto-GI that's TC
- Safe TC Launcher

Algol Cons:
- His good attacks are mostly vertical, step them and punish as hard as you can
- Like Ezio, Algol is reliant on meter to get damage.
- His lows are ass (-16 on block at least = free WR BB) and are easily seeable (except 2B+K)
- Easily Steppable Verticals
- Ezio is better than Algol point-blank because his fast moves are all high and standing, meaning Ezio's 6B owns Algol free point-blank
- Ezio's step > Algol's Step, you can move in and out of his range better than he can, and this match-up is mostly about how good you move within range with Ezio.
- Crossbow beats Bubbles free all the time, unless Algol baits it and can punish with CE
- Ezio has better meter-less damage than Algol for quick moves

Ezio vs Natsu stack up?

Been having issues where I can interrupt her endless strings of fast combos. Than I'll usually turtle myself into a corner and get eaten by those quick guard breaks.

Ezio definitely has the range advantage but once she gets in close it becomes an uphill battle for me...

Ezio vs Natsu stack up?

Been having issues where I can interrupt her endless strings of fast combos. Than I'll usually turtle myself into a corner and get eaten by those quick guard breaks.

Ezio definitely has the range advantage but once she gets in close it becomes an uphill battle for me...

The main thing to do against her is to back dash A LOT and force her to whiff since her range is limited. Her strength is in her rush down and ability to stay in your face and if you take that away from her with proper spacing than she has an uphill battle to face. Honestly back dashing will make this match up so much easier as it leads up to so many 66B opportunities. One thing to look out for is her Oki game, if you're not ready for it you will be eating a lot of damage.

So I did a bit of testing and realized that 66BB is mostly safe against Pat if used at tip range, he can't punish with 3B but I'm not sure about 236B or 236A yet. I'll go back and check for you guys.

So I did a bit of testing and realized that 66BB is mostly safe against Pat if used at tip range, he can't punish with 3B but I'm not sure about 236B or 236A yet. I'll go back and check for you guys.
If he steps the 2nd hit it's a free 66B, though.

HOW BOUT THAT SIEG MATCH UP GUYS

I found that against Siegs 3 you can 4B and kill his B and K options and the A will knock you out of any follow ups range but will leave you in a forced block situation afterwards. It's better than being trapt in the 3 frame trap though. Honestly I just try and stay out of his range and force whiffs and punish with crossbow, but a Sieg with good space control WILL give you trouble.

About Natsu...

Ezio can't punish her 66B, except with his CE. The same applies to her AAB. I think this is a terrible match-up for him.

I'd say... try to save some meter so you can CE her after you block 66B or AAB. The CE also helps after blocking the bomb, though she can still dodge it with that BE teleport of hers.

Man... I hate her so much!

If you have to block, do something like a 2A or AA and start spacing her out again maybe even grab if she loves to block after those attacks. Make absolutely sure you can duck that 2nd hit of her 66B(BE) so you can punish accordingly with something like WR B. Its easy to get overwhelmed but you must keep her out. I find that if she loves to do her back kick evade thing out of Possession after a blocked bomb your 4B dodges it and still punishes her.

Careful about assuming you can't punish Mitsu on block, some of his unsafe moves require that the proper punish be input VERY quickly. Fool around with it some in practice mode.
Agreed. I actually think Ezio close range punishment shines vs Mitsu. I think it's a nice match-up for Ezio.

No, nothing has the speed and reach to punish Ivy's 214B other than the CE. But with only a 1 frame margin of error to work with it wouldn't be worth burning the meter to attempt in a match.
Ivy seems like a terrible match-up for Ezio. In general, she only needs to block your crossbow, so she can punish you. But you usually need to make her whiff so you can punish her with the crossbow. Close range, she can play very safe, so Ezio's awesome close range BE punishment doesn't apply very much. And the worst thing is that her diagonal techs pretty much nullify his Guard Break game.

If you have to block, do something like a 2A or AA and start spacing her out again maybe even grab if she loves to block after those attacks. Make absolutely sure you can duck that 2nd hit of her 66B(BE) so you can punish accordingly with something like WR B. Its easy to get overwhelmed but you must keep her out. I find that if she loves to do her back kick evade thing out of Possession after a blocked bomb your 4B dodges it and still punishes her.
Nice. I think I haven't thought of this, the 4B after blocking the bomb, I mean. Thx. I shall try it out.

And I wonder if Ezio really has the spacing tools to keep her out. I don't really see spacing as one of his strong points.

Im curious and for no apparent reason *cough*

What are you strats against Maxi? Aside from spacing him out and forcing him to try to get inside. I got a match coming up thats pretty important, and the guy Im fighting aint no scrub ezio either

his Pat on the other hand.......

And I wonder if Ezio really has the spacing tools to keep her out. I don't really see spacing as one of his strong points.

Spacing is one of his strong points if you have trouble spacing using 22A tip range for amazing results also 22k is another great spacing tool that works well on wake up when combined with 11k.

Im curious and for no apparent reason *cough*

What are you strats against Maxi? Aside from spacing him out and forcing him to try to get inside. I got a match coming up thats pretty important, and the guy Im fighting aint no scrub ezio either

his Pat on the other hand.......

Lol. Against maxi I just space him out for fear of his close range mix ups. Get in close to ezio and don't give him room to control the space.

My match up knowledge is limited against maxi honestly.

Spacing is one of his strong points if you have trouble spacing using 22A tip range for amazing results also 22k is another great spacing tool that works well on wake up when combined with 11k.
Thanks. I'm aware of those. I just don't think they're that great. Maybe it's because I was playing Hilde just before picking Ezio xD

I'm aware of its push back and that it tracks a little. I actually have the impression that I use it more than I should. I'm kinda of overly fond 22_88 moves. They're just sweet on my fingers.

I've been having the impression that unlike most characters' FC A, Ezio's keeps him crouching. The TC doesn't seem to apply to his 2A, though.

Anyway, if I'm correct, his FC A is gold (universal) against Nightmare's 11(B) on block. Does someone confirm, this?

Every generic 2A/FC A keeps you in FC.

FC A beats his NSS options after 44(B) but if he does 44B at tip and backdashes he can bait the 2A and get a 3(B), so keep this in mind.

Back