Ezio Patch 1.02 Change List & Discussion

Gatsu

[14] Master
A.A (Hidden Left): changed to maintain distance on hit.

6A.B.B (Stiletto Rush): reduced tendency for 2nd attack to miss when 1st attack is a counter hit. Lengthened opponent's block freeze on 2nd attack. Increased 3rd attack's guard burst damage and rise in critical gauge.

3A (Brutus' Smite): lengthened opponent's block freeze. More difficult to evade sideways.

B.B (Palm Slash): reduced tendency for 1st and 2nd attack to miss when opponent is crouching.

6B (Darius' Stab): lengthened opponent's block freeze.

236236A+B+K (Full Synchronization): lowered rise in critical gauge.

characters).
Fixed character's guard burst damage not recovering between rounds. Characters that were affected: Voldo, Astaroth, Raphael, Tira, Algol, Z.W.E.I., Patroklos, αPatroklos, Xiba, and Ezio.

I suppose :D
Happy with changes, BB and 6ABB whiff pissed me off

Also recovery guard fixed is welcome,my best friend/rival is a Night player, guard meter is precious as fuck :D

I was hoping for B+G get the RO ability fixed(as now is basically useless under that point of view imho), but who cares, i like dat patch

I'm really happy with all the changes. I looked at the changes in Japanese and it indeed looks like the block freeze stuffs mean that they're safer on block.

Punishing with AA and the 2nd hit whiffing made me sad all the time. Now that the pushback is less, I no longer have to worry about whiffing and getting punished for it.

6ABB whiffing less is too welcome. Especially on a mirror match where the 2nd hit did not connect no matter the timing. Now I can delay the 2nd B against other characters and it will whiff less.

I guess I have a reason to use 3A once in a match?

BB whiff pissed me off too.

I wonder how safer 6B is. It was pretty much safe on block to begin with.

CE giving the opponent less critical meter is a good thing, but I don't use CE that often to begin with. Will have to see how it goes.

Guard burst recovery: THANK YOU

Ezio's CE is good, but his BEs are too great.

Oh yea, I wonder if they have some hidden changes. Maybe they'll change 44A to make sure that it does function as a mid attack or change the label to HIGH.

Having a bar of meter stocked can really limit your opponent's options if you make them respect the CE punish. I like his BE's a ton too, some of the best Brave Edges in the game imho. But just saying his CE should see some use too.

Agree, Ezio's meter use as a whole is one of the best of the game

The thing that 66B be (wich i like) is the worse of the 4 options imho it say a lot

66BB BE is one of his only good punishers with a bit of meter for some stuff. 6B BE will sometimes whiff for example. I like using it after a jG. Another good thing I like about it is that it is VERY hitconfirmable. You can barely be paying attention and since 66B has such an obvious animation on hit its very easy to notice you connected and dial in bA+B+K.
IMHO it's completely worthless on block though since it's still just as steppable as the regular version. Sucks wasting half a bar to get backthrown. 6B is your big pressure tool if you really need one.

Agreed. I feel Ezio has to use every tool available to him.

The new 6ABB is amazing. They didn't just "reduce tendency", I think they eliminated any chance of it whiffing on ground opponents.

I tried to find out what the moves are on block now. It's a rough estimate as I spent only 5 minutes. I'm going to look more into it after school.
6ABB (2nd hit): -4 or -5
3A: -2 or -3
6B: -1 or -2

EDIT: sry for the late update.

2nd hit of 6ABB is -4
3A is -2, and
6B is -2 on block.

I'm glad Ezio and ZWEI got only buffs. I'll migrate to one of them after re-learning the terribly nerfed Raphael.
Hoping there's more to come in the buff dept. I main Ezio, but it still seems he's lacking in a lot of areas.

Would really like a slight speed buff.

I like the buffs, but it seems like BB BE now whiffs if the first hit is blocked for some weird reason. Not a big deal, but strange that it happens when the BB was fixed to avoid whiffing.

Back