Fate/Unlimited Codes

A_Bad_Idea

[09] Warrior
Anyone else have this JP PS2 import? I got it recently and I gotta say, it's a lot of fun. I think F/UC has the right idea about character balance; make EVERYONE broken! I wanna main Rider, but I also play Bazett and Sakura as alts. My brother and I have been working on unlocking everyone's EX Mission. Lancer's minigame is awesome. =D

On a technical scale, it's not really broken at all. Every character has the same chances of winning, because everyone is capable of the same insane combos. The difference between characters is in what tools each one has in order to land one of those. It's actually pretty balanced =P

I agree, not broken at all. I really have a lot of fun with the game. Combos are EXTREMELY difficult execution wise, sidestep system makes for some interesting situations, and the characters are just dope.

From what I've heard, all the combos are difficult just for the sake of being difficult, and there aren't any real deep mixups to be had. Could be wrong, but that's what I've heard from people who have played this.

Kowtow: I think that while there are no basic 'mixup options', the real mindgame comes from varying character matchups. Each character has very specific strengths and weaknesses that you have to learn to adapt to in order to get around them. You can't exactly bring down Berserker the same way you bring down, say, Shirou... or you can't fight Caster the same way you fight Rin. Every character, aside from having an insane combo, has different ways of closing in to pull it off.

rash: That's almost hard to believe when you consider that the GC/Wii Naruto fighters are basically 1-button Tekken.

ya i haven't touched it, but it just looks like i'd break my system afterhaving any character do a 9 life bar super combo at the beginning of a match

I have the game, but I messed up my fat ps2 trying to get it to work. I might just try to emulator it or get a new PS2 slim cause it's slim and better

Back