Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Yoshimitsu

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • a Patrolklos

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Patroklos

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
I play a Samurai in every game where it's available to me. I am in love with the Samurai spirit, as well as the fighting style. Thus Mitsurugi is, and always has been my favorite character. ;)

My favourite fighting style of all time is Siegfried because Siegfried...
The rest are: 2. Cassandra (66 A+B, 44 B+K, if I remember well, in SC2 she was my main, SC3-4 secondary)
3. Xianghua/Leixia (I mained Xiaoyu in Tekken games and I like that dancy style)
4. Pyrrha Ω (Myself when I'm mad, I just love stabbing people with her sometimes and I specially enjoy her CE after a blocked 66B)
5. Hilde (I hate her to the core, but her style in this game is very sweet.)
6. Elysium (LOL)
7. Pyrrha (Her style is cool, the screams and attitute though brought that down here)

The rest styles that I like are: Patroklos, Natsu, Tira (mostly SC4), Talim (SC2), Xiba, Viola, surprisingly I liked Raphael in SCV and Nightmare a bit... That's all.

Why I like Siegfried's style... I picked up Siegfried at first in SC3 because he was handsome, I admit. However I found his style was awesome and suitable for me. I loved messing around and exploring his stances and cool moves at first. I still love his style and pace. And TBH, killing people with a huge sword is very cool XD XD XD!

Siegfried always has been, and always will be, my 1# favorite. Close second is Nightmare of course, like sieg, just more mobile and more unsafe. And astaroth because nothing is funnier than doing command throws after command throws, and not to mention his ridiculous combo damage from just 2-3 attacks.

I hate the new S&S users now. I was a big Cassandra fan (main in sc4), and I'm sad that her best moves didn't make it over to either of the S&S users now. I don't consider Pat a worthy replacement for my dear old Cassandra....

Damn I miss that girl!

My favorite fighting styles of the Soul Calibur series are Tira, Taki, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Viola, Xianghua, Ivy (SC2), Siegfried, Z.W.E.I. (even though I think they could've done better), Cassandra, Sophitia, Patroklos (even though I hate his stance lol), Amy, & Raphael (SCII/SCIII/SCV).

Although Cervantes is my favorite character, my favorite fighting styles are definitely Z.W.E.I., Raphael and Alpha Patroklos/Setsuka, because they actually emphasize "style" more than others.

All the styles in the original SC felt so powerful, I love all of them.

Also, Zasalamel, Setsuka, Kilik and SCIV Ivy and Siegfried are among the most beautiful and well made styles in the history of fighting games.

Pyrrha Ω because of her aggressive style and madness, with good punish and a good speed.
Nightmare, so I can destroy my oponent hopes and soul.

Kind of a coincidence both of them have a malfested arm XD

Here's some of the styles that I like:

Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu: The Samurai is one my favorite warriors and their fighting spirit is unmatched.

Kilik (Kali-Yuga, not mimic): Just the way he moves, reminds me a lot of the Shaolin Monks

Maxi: Just so flashy and powerful with the nunchaku and kicks, like Bruce Lee

Yun-Seong: Flashy, stylish, and just fun to watch like Tae Kwon Do

Siegfried: Just the right amount of power

Raphael: For when you want to be all the way flashy and stylish

Talim: Them tonfa blades mixed with that quickness, it's a done deal.

Others I also like are Xianghua with her graceful jian skills, Taki's quickness with kodachi, the traditional sword and shield of the Alexandras (Sophitia and Cassandra), Ivy's, Zasalamel's and Cervantes's.

I have two favourite styles for very different reasons:

Alpha Patroklos because he's so classy and graceful in his attacks. Plus, his stupid difficulty makes him the most rewarding character to use. And EVERY time I hit a twister, I imagine an umbrella. Yeah, I'm still in denial about Setsuka.
And Pyrrha Omega because she's just so simple. No need for combos when you have DNS B4 (236236B4) and no need for mind games when you can just spam moves like 66B. I like to sit with my thumb on the guard button and just wait for the opponent to make a mistake - punish everything!

People occasionally compliment me when I use alpha, but when I use Omega, people tell me how annoying/cheap I am. Not too sure which I prefer tbh.

No need for combos when you have DNS B4 (236236B4) and no need for mind games when you can just spam moves like 66B. I like to sit with my thumb on the guard button and just wait for the opponent to make a mistake - punish everything!

People occasionally compliment me when I use alpha, but when I use Omega, people tell me how annoying/cheap I am. Not too sure which I prefer tbh.

When they say cheap, they're not lying. People who play such as yourself have no souls and need to be shot:)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Omega THAT much if everyone didn't use her exactly the same way. Fuckin' whore.

When they say cheap, they're not lying. People who play such as yourself have no souls and need to be shot:)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Omega THAT much if everyone didn't use her exactly the same way. Fuckin' whore.
Your sig fits u well...where did i go wrong? I mean look man I know u don't like sc5..heck Im mostly negative on sc5 more so than positive. But why now do u insult others and then say things like "this game belongs in the trash bin". Man come on I thought u were better than that...I thought u wanted to redeem yourself on 8way, guess I was wrong. I still want a rematch with u on chess tho.

Seriously? There is no redemption for me.

I wasn't trying to insult anybody, but just joke around. You notice the smiley face right?

You didn't put Siegfried on that poll! :P
I like Siegfried because he's a character that capitalizes on correct reads and builds the players yomi. He is also a great character to build fundamentals because he doesn't have a lot of the generic tools like the rest of the cast (no good AA, BB, 2A, etc.) He requires you to think much more about what your opponent is going to do.

How to play as Siegfried:
Step 1: Put your face against the controller
Step 2: Roll face on controller
Step 3: Repeat

Naw I kid. Sigfried is a good character to play as over all, but sometimes I think that he moves a little too much like a "flowing stream" than a character like him should. His barrage of high and low attacks takes out more than half your HP in a blink of an eye if you don't know what your doing. When I play with friends on party days the newbie with Sigfried always seems to win compared to the newbie who chooses everyone else.

Not to say he is a bad character though. Once you get nitty-gritty into it every character has a weakness. Its just his is isn't very... well... weak.

I do like the stances though. It does put a lot more thought into it and I am glad they didn't take them away like Mitsurugi. If you hope for a counter-attack those stances are a great way to do it.

Personally I miss the old Kilik fighting style from the other games. I loved the Bo-staff! Xiba takes some of the moves but playing as Xiba's style after playing Kilik feels much more... rigid. ._.

Man I love Patroklos though. I always liked the idea of an offensive sword/shield fighter!

In high level play he his one of the hardest characters to use in the game. He does own new players though because he has a ton of gimmicks. Also, overall his damage kind of sucks compared to everyone else. His main source of damage is from a CH 3B.

Back