Favorite SC4 Player

All right so Ill fork over my real heros of this game

Mine are all masters of my beloved Maxi. KrayzieCD, MTFighter, Fwhroang, Rekano (for his sc3 maxi), Uber1337 (for coming by my house and showing me I was playing maxi all wrong). These to me are the guys that have paved the way with not only frame data, but thier devotion to our low tier garbage character.

Others include the new pioneers and dedicated maxi players, Bubbles, Twiggywales, sotierislive, Marginal, FunkeXmix, these guys also have dedicated much effort into discovering new possibilities with maxi.

But I have 1 more person thats very special to me. This person started in SC2 when he was very young. SC4 came out and he has just amazed me with his ability to learn and adapt to this game. There is no reason a person of his age should be at the level he is at. Dont believe me....I got plenty of vids of he and I playin together. So step on up here HRJ, you are an inspiration for the future of this franchise. I love you buddy.

Its also his birthday today!! Yall should drop some messages in his inbox!!

HRD
sc2maxi1.gif

This is an amusing opinion from someone whose signature reads "Read my Stories. Join my Following." Anyone out there think poor Vincent is their favourite player?
Challenge me to a money match, I'll show you how poor I am. BTW, there is nothing weird about worshipping myself. Only a fag would suggest there is a contradiction in me recommeding myself to others.

senzait: You don't get it. I am my favourite player.

(Please like this post.)

Xeph is my favorite player, online and offline. I LALALove his cassy the most. We may not get long 24/7, but he sure is my favorite.

Goofus. His Voldo is magic. He may not be the best Voldo player in the world (though he's up there, no question) but if Voldo were real, he'd fight the way Goofus uses him.

Reactions: HRD
Challenge me to a money match, I'll show you how poor I am. BTW, there is nothing weird about worshipping myself. Only a fag would suggest there is a contradiction in me recommeding myself to others.
Very impressive, suggesting a money match when we are thousands of miles apart. I'll tell you what, next time you cross the atlantic, you can challenge me to a money match.

Btw any reason for the rampant homophobia?

Being black, I have to abstain from any form of dickriding. So, of course, I'm my favorite player, but Ramon is my favorite players to watch. That man is a fuckin' beast!

I will give you a reason why.

Danman because he gives me rides, practices with me offline, and he's a good friend, also most importantly he plays NM and beats people who are better than him.

Omega, he showed up, won Nationals with Zas in SC3, made me like the game SC3. Why? Come on he beat Thugish_Pond's X with motherfucking Zas...He's the pinnacle of hard work.

Linkrkc, if Omega is the pinnalce of hard work, then Link is the pinnacle of greatness. I don't know what makes him good, but seeing it live and in person left an impression on me..."How do I get that good at whatever I am playing or doing, what concentration must I achieve?" According to Link it's hard work, but I am not convinced obviously some people are born with it.

For me it's not simply about dickriding, if you want to get good at anything, you can try and set your own path and maybe you make it to the top or maybe you don't. But the quickest way or the most certain way to get the top is to set goals. My favorite plays embody that philosophy in some way. They're not just my favorite players, I must eventually reach their level then move forward to destroy them. Whatever positives they have I copy them.

I like their work ethic. Because they're all plain and simple skilled players, no gimmicks.

Other players I like.

InsaneKhent
TheKura
Keev
Tiamat(Knowledgeable kat)
Woahhzz(Skilled and worked hard)
SU(He brings drama and lols)
OOFMATIC(gimmicky guy, I disagree with everything he says)
Bubbles(he makes me lol)

Omega, he showed up, won Nationals with Zas in SC3, made me like the game SC3. Why? Come on he beat Thugish_Pond's X with motherfucking Zas...He's the pinnacle of hard work.

Not to nitpick and all, but actually Thugish beat Omega's Zas with X in the winner's final and was winning 2-0 in the grand finals. Then Omega switched to Mitsu and ran a train on X to win it all.

Anyway I have a lot of favorite players, and for each iteration of the game starting with SC1. So first I gotta mention my boy 187 aka Onemarvelous for being my sparring partner since SC1 and helping me get better over all this time. Next I gotta mention RushdownSorel aka Renzo, Knockturnl76, and Chuu for being the best SC2 players in my region and showing me how to play the game correctly. After that I gotta mention Mick and RTD for winning Evo2k4, my first major SC tournament. When I first got there I didn't even know who they were but quickly learned that they were the 2 to watch for. Watching them play was my first sight of TRUE high level play, especially Mick's style of aggressive play, which is how I like to play. Next up is Linkrkc, for being one of the best players I have ever seen since I first met him in October 2004.

For SC3 my favorite players were easily Linkrkc, Thugish Pond, and Kid Disaster. Those 3 seemed to travel to every tournament just like myself and I think they were the reason why I enjoyed SC3 the most out of any SC game. Vints aka MLV aka whatever he felt he wanted his name to be lol. Omega for showing straight up raw skill, character knowledge, and fastest reaction time ever. Killa6 for being naturally skilled at execution as well as one of the funniest players I ever met. And of course I have to mention Hates for stomping me into the ground in NM and then moving out to the bay area and helping me up my game a shitload once he got here.

For SC4 I have too many favorites to list. I'll save it for next post lol.

According to Link it's hard work, but I am not convinced obviously some people are born with it.
That's part of the reason some guys hold themselves back from being their best. They just assume other winners are born with it. Not true, though. You have to know how to work at it, but also take a path that works for you as an individual. And while some winners appear naturally talented, they still had to figure out all these questions like everyone else.

Reactions: LP
Not to nitpick and all, but actually Thugish beat Omega's Zas with X in the winner's final and was winning 2-0 in the grand finals. Then Omega switched to Mitsu and ran a train on X to win if all.

Anyway I have a lot of favorite players, and for each iteration of the game starting with SC1. So first I gotta mention my boy 187 aka Onemarvelous for being my sparring partner since SC1 and helping me get better over all this time. Next I gotta mention RushdownSorel aka Renzo, Knockturnl76, and Chuu for being the best SC2 players in my region and showing me how to play the game correctly. After that I gotta mention Mick and RTD for winning Evo2k4, my first major SC tournament. When I first got there I didn't even know who they were but quickly learned that they were the 2 to watch for. Watching them play was my first sight of TRUE high level play, especially Mick's style of aggressive play, which is how I like to play. Next up is Linkrkc, for being one of the best players I have ever seen since I first met him in October 2004.

For SC3 my favorite players were easily Linkrkc, Thugish Pond, and Kid Disaster. Those 3 seemed to travel to every tournament just like myself and I think they were the reason why I enjoyed SC3 the most out of any SC game. Vints aka MLV aka whatever he felt he wanted his name to be lol. Omega for showing straight up raw skill, character knowledge, and fastest reaction time ever. Killa6 for being naturally skilled at execution as well as one of the funniest players I ever met. And of course I have to mention Hates for stomping me into the ground in NM and then moving out to the bay area and helping me up my game a shitload once he got here.

For SC4 I have too many favorites to list. I'll save it for next post lol.
by any chance does Marvelous still play? we used to play all the time but havent seen him in ages. for those of you who haven't seen this guys kilik, sieg, or maxi play your missing out.

There were two players who changed my point of view on the game:

Omega - Awesome execution, reaction, GI, beautifully designed atack flow. It is safe to say he was the player that made me into what you see now in the videos. Before Omega I was keeping things really simple, he gave me a huge motivational boost in the past (sc3)

Kura - In SC4 there was a point where I thought that I cannot ever catch up to the stronger guys, b/c community in my country was almost unexistant. I watched all that awesome videos and thought "I should just quit, I can never be as good". And then I learned, that Korean community has like, 7 people. I thats when I got another motivation boost that enabled me to work so hard.

Without these two people I would have never become a player I am. I want to thank them for showing me how beautiful this game can be if you put effort and hard work into it.

PS: A honorable mention goes to Keev. He was the player that surprised me. The games I had against him and Kura are the games I enjoyed the most in my SC career.

I can't say I have a player I admire :/ Never competed in tournaments both nationaly nor internationaly. Me being from holland makes it not easy to enlist or let alone travel to where the tournament is being held. Soul calibur grew on me in offline play. Not having an internet connection on you're ps2 and also for quite a while on my ps3 really helps out practicing the feel of you're character. Ofcourse online play is a whole different ball game.

Guess I can call it trial & error. practicing offline and then putting my new tactics to use online made how I fight :) I did have a little bit of advice from 2 other dutch guys whom are also quite good at SC4. Taught me how to quickly recover from stun and that kind of stuff.

I am a student without a teacher :)

Back