[Feb 4, 2012] Toronto Top Tiers: Smash Up II (Feb.t 4th) (Toronto, ON)

Russell, ok sorry, I was under the impression that casuals could be played during the tournamnet. But regardless, I'm offering to provide my own tv + console setup so that people can play casuals during the tournament. Is there no room for one more setup?

And if there is indeed no room for it, can I bring my console for the pre and post-tournament casuals so that I can use my character?

I'm only going on about this because you haven't been giving straight answers. I work on the day of the tournament so I require this information so that i can decide if it's worth booking work off for or not.

Amaury: I'm gonna say this one more time ok but with more detail. My goal that day is to run a tournament. There will probably be 3 stations for it. They will ALL run tournament matches. There won't be a casual station nor will I have space for it from what it looks like. Just forget about coming and go to A&C World the following wednesday if you just want to play casuals. That day is reserved for Tournament players.

NeoRussell

There won't be a casual station nor will I have space for it from what it looks like.

Thanks, that is all you needed to say to answer my question.

And I see, well regardless I'll still try to come just to spectate and meet the new players. I'll just scrub it out with the mimic character in casuals instead.

aw snap, i forgot this IS the opening weekend. good call jay, correct i am not coming to this since you guys are coming up.

Why don't you just drive them up Brian? It's only 2 hrs away so you guys can leave and return to Buffalo on the same day.

It will be a weekend of chillin and other stuff for us, I dunno if they have 4hrs of driving time in them. But we'll see, if it can be done- it will be done.

I know this is random but I want to ask before I do it, is it alright if I bring a camera to film the event - certain things that may spark my interest anyways would love to do that.

I'm sure that would be fine. There are usually a few people that have their cameras on hand during tournaments and what not.

I don't really care that much that Dampierre is banned, but after thinking about it it seems kind of stupid to ban him in a tournament that is just FOUR DAYS after the game is released.

Like I get that he's banned because some people won't be able to practice and prepare against Dampierre, but do you really expect everyone else to practice and prepare against Viola, Zwei, Ezio, Aeon, Algol, Xiba and all the other new stuff and be prepared for it all in just 4 days? LOL

:)

but do you really expect everyone else to practice and prepare against Viola, Zwei, Ezio, Aeon, Algol, Xiba and all the other new stuff and be prepared for it all in just 4 days?

Well we can't expect scrubs like you, Dino or Russell to be prepare. But Champs like me, Partisan, and Junior will have this shit ready on day 1.

ChosenPredator - No one usually minds when someone brings equipment to record....

...However with a Username like your own, we might be a little hesitant....

Reactions: gwt
Well we can't expect scrubs like you, Dino or Russell to be prepare. But Champs like me, Partisan, and Junior will have this shit ready on day 1.
lol, okay there "champ". But how do you expect to be ready for everything in 1 day when you still fall for new shit in SCIV after having it for YEARS. lol

And it's funny that you group yourself with Partisan and Junior as "champs", at least they both actually placed really well in a MAJOR. So yeah they're champs as far as I'm concerned. But you? A champ for doing well in a couple of smalltime local tourneys? lol, more like a wannabe champ!

Oof you need gimmicks to win, it a prove fact. And we understand you aren't getting your way this time around. But Oof you need to relax and not get your panties in a knot. Also I won this already.

Oof you need gimmicks to win, it a prove fact. And we understand you aren't getting your way this time around. But Oof you need to relax and not get your panties in a knot. Also I won this already.
Of course I need gimmicks to win! I'm the one that proved that fact. Why do you think I'm maining Dampierre? :)

As for panties, at least I can get easy access to them. I'm sure the easiest access you can get, are in your mom's drawers!

OH SNAP.

I know this is random but I want to ask before I do it, is it alright if I bring a camera to film the event - certain things that may spark my interest anyways would love to do that.
If you record me at the event I'm gonna need you to blur me unless you get my verbal consent in the meantime. And yes I am serious.
You can leave my seraphic voice in, though.

May I ask specifically what you are recording? Gameplay? Atmosphere? Send me a PM. I just want to understand.

NeoRussell

So I've got my EDL ready to go, I'm now 100% confirmed for this along with Jon aka BigRichez aka NIGHTMARICA.

2cp2t1d.gif

but do you really expect everyone else to practice and prepare against Viola, Zwei, Ezio, Aeon, Algol, Xiba and all the other new stuff and be prepared for it all in just 4 days? LOL

:)

The point is we at least have an opportunity to check those characters out. Will we find all their tricks in 4 days? No of course not. But we can at least look at their moves, test a few things out. We have a CHANCE to prepare for them.

Honestly bro if you're just gonna refuse to play because you can't play Dampierre, I don't get that. Nobody has to be dead set on a main in 4 days either, because as you say there's no time to figure everything out. So why not just try someone else?

Back