[Feb 4, 2012] Toronto Top Tiers: Smash Up II (Feb.t 4th) (Toronto, ON)

ChosenPredator - How old are you?! By Family do you mean Mom and Dad? Or Bros/Sis/Cuzns.

The environment there is pretty similar to what you would see at a Playoff Game in a Bar. Everyone there to have a good time, some more vocal than others, but one big celebration of fighting games really. I mean take away the tournament its basically a party!!

You should be okay, if family is coming they'd get pretty bored pretty fast. Just come to Level Up though. Thats what we all do.

I've decided. Definitely going. Probably only for Soul Calibur. I suck so bad at Street Fighter and Marvel...

It'll be nice to meet everyone again!

I'm in for SoulCalibur and BBCS2.
But damn, I gotta learn how to play SC5 in 4 days, and brush up on my BB skills at the same time!

Edit: Hmm maybe I'll just come to the casuals of SCV. But I'm definitely in for BB.

Just to let everyone know that there will be additional stream for Soul Calibur 5. Russell has it covered so no one else need to bring any kind of stream equipment.

So Greatone and to Others, SC going to get all the love.

I might decide on playing some BB casuals. I never touched the new version and I haven't even played the game itself in about a year. Still it was pretty fun to play.

UFC will be on that night, any good spots to check it out nearby?

Lots of bars in the area for UFC fun.
You will have no problem finding one to watch the fight.

________
PARKING

primroseparking.png

NeoRussell

Lots of bars in the area for UFC fun.
You will have no problem finding one to watch the fight.

________
PARKING

primroseparking.png

NeoRussell

So most of the local bars will show it? Finding bars around here that show the events besides shitty Buffalo Wild Wings is like pulling teeth. I've only found one other place in ALL of Erie county so far that shows it. I'd expect a great city like Toronto to have more for me, as it's not hard to be better than Buffalo, all you have to do is exist really. But just making sure.

To be honest, I may even forget about it lol. I am so hype for Calibur right now.

It's cool, more than likely, the tournament will end at 8p.
The Fight starts at 9p right?
There's so much bars in that area. It's downtown.

NeoRussell

It's cool, more than likely, the tournament will end at 8p.
The Fight starts at 9p right?
There's so much bars in that area. It's downtown.

NeoRussell

Well we're not gettin thrown out at 8pm, right? There's casuals afterwards? I want to play you guys as much as I can.

Also I'm unfortunately gonna be that guy, as my converter broke. Are there gonna be enough PS3 sticks that I'd be able to borrow one for the matches? I can bring 2 360 sticks if we have any stations on that, but I don't have any options for PS3 atm, just a PS2/PS3 converter that BigRichez is bringing and no PS2 stick to use with it. My old Haggar stick doesn't work anymore lol.

Tournament ends when you guys say it ends. LOL!
I got my TE stick you can use.
Disregard that parking image i gave you. I have a new one below.

Tournament Schedule

Door Opens: 11a
Game Registration: 11a-12p
SCV Start Time: 12p

We at TTT would like to provide you great tournament experience and we can only do that with your help. The door opens at 11a. You have 1 hour to sign up for the games you want to compete in. Please be considerate to everyone by getting to the venue on time. We will certainly do our best to start everything by 1p as scheduled.

Stream Schedule

12p-2p: Soul Calibur V
2p-5p: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
5p-6p: SSFIV Top 4
6p-8p: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 8
8p-10p: Top 2 of KOF, Top 4 of BBCS2, MK, & SCV

While we wait for the Stream for our Top 4 matches, there will be a Team Tournament.
That or just play casuals until then. The place is yours to be used for SCV day.

TTT will be selling raffle tickets throughout the event. Raffle will start 7p.

Prizes
  • 1 VX Arcade Stick (360) courtesy by Omega Collectables
  • 1 VX Arcade Stick (360) courtesy by A&C Games
  • GDLK Swag courtesy of GDLK Apparel
  • $20 A&C Gift Cards
Tickets
  • $2 – 1 ticket
  • $5 – 3 tickets
  • $10 – 10 tickets
________
PARKING

I looked around today and this seems to be the best place to park.

I made a map:
http://torontotoptiers.com/misc/bestwesternparking.png

-----
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

NeoRussell

Thanks for help with the stick man, we aim to be there by 11 as long as we don't get stuck at the border. Sadly a lot of our players for SF/Mahvel dropped out for personal reasons, but I don't think they were gonna enter Calibur anyway.

Lookin forward to seeing you all again.

Kowtow: I'll see you guys tomorrow. Have a safe trip.

This tournament is not on a Sunday.
I'm not sure how people got confused.
It's tomorrow (Sat).

See you guys there.

NeoRussell

Set my alarm wrong. On my way. Someone sign me up if I don't make it? It's going to take an hour.

I uploaded some footage it isn't the best though sorry guys - i really enjoyed being at this event with the time i had - hope you enjoy whatever footage i got

Back