Fight Stick Q&A

DarkStalker

[08] Mercenary
Hi Guys!!!

I wanted to know what you vets out there think about fight sticks. I've been playing Soul Calibur every since it first hit the Dreamcast and I consider myself a pretty good fighter. In fact, the only thing that I have encountered that I just can't seem to get is the whole "just" input system. I'm determined to learn it however, and I believe it would be easier to perform this on a fight stick. I know it's all a matter of timing, however I just feel like my fingers are to clumsy on the XBOX controller. Thoughts anyone???? Also, is there a big difference between the Hori and MadCatz fight sticks?

And guys, please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. I'm a newbie to the site and I thought it would be appropriate to post here but I realized that this probably should have been placed in the casual section. My apologies.

The execution barrier in soul calibur is so low that buying a fightstick just to play it is a complete waste of time.

I personally use stick because I play a lot of FGs with much higher demands on execution and i cant use a pad with any competence. If you just wanna play scv, stock to pad if you already use it.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm sure that you are a much more accomplished player than I, any advice on how I can go about mastering just inputs?

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm sure that you are a much more accomplished player than I, any advice on how I can go about mastering just inputs?
After you K.O. someone, use the time to practice your JFs. For example, after I win a round with Siegfried, often I do iagA above their body for practice.

Well its all about preferences. JF's arent really all that hard to do...
I love using an arcade sticks (Hori is awesome.)
... but when I mess up an input (or get launched by Viola's 3B) I literally do this

Back