Final Fantasy: Dissidia

One minute you think it's the final trailer and the next Square pulls a "but wait....THERE'S MORE".

Anyway, I'll be getting my hands on this game in only a matter of hours (I'm a baaaaaad person). The game's been leaked a day early (as it releases tomorrow) and the ISO has already been leaked on the net. Soooo yeah, only a few hours left before it's mine. After playing the ISO, if it turns out to be good, I will buy a physical copy it when it releases in the US, like I do with all my PSP games. 1.5 GB is a lot of space on my memo stick for 1 game.

So is anyone playing this game right now? The torrent has been out for a while. I like Terra's combos a lot, Its really not that bad of a game. If anyone want to play some online matches let me know.

This game makes me sick to my stomach...in a good way if that makes any sense.

I'm am very impressed with Dissidia. I will definitely be purchasing this when/if (which I hope it does) it finally hits the states. The battle system is well thought out and mindless button mashers will suffer in important situations (IE the quick time events after someone lands a launcher). A smart player can easily KO a masher with just 1 HP attack.

Anyway, the character I enjoy playing as the most is Zidane (REP FFIX ALL DAY).

I'd also like to mention that the soundtrack is very nice as well. The remixed battle themes are excellent. Nearly jizzed in my pants when I heard the FFIX battle theme remix.

yeah I agree, unfortunatley I'm not a big fan of Zidane. But am I missing something? There is no network play correct? Only local? I know there is two lobbies. Online play and Offline play, but when I go into the online play (I think there is 16 individual rooms in there) Its just me?

I believe it's Ad-Hoc only.

However, if you have a PS3 and a Japanese PSN account, you can download a special add-on for the PS3 (JP Store only for now, I guess?) that works similar to X-Link Kai, a tunneling program that "tricks" your PSP into thinking it's connecting with someone via Ad-Hoc when it's really not. A pseudo-infrastructure I guess.

I think it works like this:

PSP Wi-Fi connects with PS3 (which is hooked up directly to the internet via ethernet cord) and allow you to connect to other PSN members who have the game (and the Ad-Hoc add on) I think..that's it? Not too sure.

Anyway..back to the game..I haven't played much but so far, it's really interesting. I'm a bit sad I won't understand what the character's are saying but the battle system is pretty fun. I'm a fan of Onion Knight..that little bugger is really fun to play with.

Hahaha my brother likes onion knight a lot. I like how his specials mimic the original battle system. Unfortunately I don't have a ps3 so it looks like its xlink kai for me. I used to play monster hunter throught that so I'm already setup.

I've been playing a few matches with a member of 8WR (Kenjitsu_Hokori) through adhoc party and it's pretty fun. I've already posted my impressions on the game in a few places so far, so I'll just say this..I am thoroughly pleased with this title and congratulate Square Enix on a job well done :)

I don't have many replays up right now, but I'll be uploading more soon. Just got a replay of messing around with Cecil (he's my main) against Cloud and some casual matches with Kenjitsu. You can check them out by visiting my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TetsuyaHikari

If you also have adhoc party, feel free to add me on PSN for some matches!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All I want out of this game is for Sephiroth and maybe Cloud to be low tier.

All I can say is that Cloud is pretty fair in the game. I don't see anything broken about him. You can punish him pretty hard if you dodge his shit. Although if his shit hits you, it hurts. As for Sephiroth, bastard has range but once you get used to that he isn't much. Again, nothing broken.

Anyway, I think right now I'd rank magic users higher than the melee characters. I've been fighting VS CPU battles on the highest difficulty and they are hard as hell to beat for me, borderline impossible. Then again, the highest level difficulty CPU makes every character look broken. If there is a definition of theory fighting, that CPU is it. It "almost" never makes a damn mistake. Almost as if it reacts upon your inputs the moment you input commands. And if YOU fuck up, say goodbye. That CPU loves turning the table around in an instant off one of your mistakes.

Yeah, Cloud is pretty easy to handle. I think since he's a fan favorite, they made the skill level required to use him, well..not that high. He's got some unsafe moves though (this is to compensate for the amount of damage he can dish out). Sephiroth follows the same rule I believe (just replace power with range..you dodge his attacks and he's practically screwed).

As far as being "broken" is concerned, I think the only one that can fit that category clearly would be Onion Knight. He's just ridiculous. He CAN be beat, but wow...such a pain in the ass >.<

I heard Tina/Terra was broken as well, but I haven't played with her yet to even find out for myself, so that could just be some noobs talking.

Indeed. Magic users seem really, really good. Kuja's perhaps my favorite out of them and even though he's a bit awkward to control, he's pretty awesome. Still have to mess with him a little more to get a better feel. I'm going to try the Ad-Hoc party sometime soon. :)

Back