Final Fantasy: Dissidia

This tier list fails. Why? No Cecil.

What were you thinking when you came up with this?!

I'll take a better look at it when he's added :P

Poor Ulti. Seems like she really got the short end of the stick when it comes to magic users. The only HP attack that's moderately useful is Apocalypse and maybe that charge shot that goes in a downward curve. Time Stop wouldn't be so bad if it didn't charge so long. :/

Poor Ulti. Seems like she really got the short end of the stick when it comes to magic users. The only HP attack that's moderately useful is Apocalypse and maybe that charge shot that goes in a downward curve. Time Stop wouldn't be so bad if it didn't charge so long. :/

Yeah, truly the Time Stop is her only good thing, her Ex-move isn't to great and shes pretty much a slug when it comes to movement. its sad because she was my fav ff baddy XD

Hey Shadius, just out of curiosity, where do you think you would place Judge Gabranth and Shantotto on the list? I'm assuming if this was a competitive fighter, those two would probably be excluded from tournaments (Gabranth charges EX gauge and Shantotto can slow you down and really fuck you up). Also, any particular reason why Cecil is Top Tier?

I main Cecil, so I'd just like to hear your thoughts behind why you placed him in Top. That's all :)

Well I've been just eq hunting, i actually just got shantotto today but give me until the end of the day and ill do a V2 of the tiers including them. As for Cecil he has some really good Aerial tools which is needed for this game, a good ground game, two different styles to mix up between plus I have seen a lot of good Cecil tricks. So thats pretty much my bases, btw what do u think of the other placements

Hmmm..I can agree with how you feel about Cecil. It's like playing with two characters in one. He gets sooooo many attacks because of this (much more than anybody else gets), so he's really able to take on a lot of different scenarios. I agree with 90% of your list though.

I'd definitely say Cloud and Sephiroth need to be bumped up (not a fanboy perspective, just based on battle potential), but other than that..most of it, I can agree with.

All I'm going to say is..Omnislash V5 into EX Mode. V5 is so ridiculous. He's got a great break game, yes, but..that's what makes him better than just Mid.

That Omnislash V5 is..dare I say it? Broken. I think that's just how Cloud was made to be played though.

They made him, "LOL EASY MODE" because he's a fan favorite, so even the noobs can get easy wins off of you as long as they have Omnislash V5. As for Sephy..he's got great range, but that's exactly why I think he would deserve to be higher than Bottom, at least. You can have some trouble with a good Sephiroth player because of this.

It's so hard to get in close to him and let's not forget that downward stab (lol Aeris killing move). I just think Cloud should be a little above Mid and Sephiroth should definitely be out of the Bottom Tier. Then again..this is just my opinion, just as the tier list was made from your opinion, so don't think too much about this, lol.

well me and my friend spent 6 hours of testing lv 100 charas with the same eq against each other, cloud is def one of the best mids and seph the best bottoms, seph had a bunch a problems with getting in against some of the mids however, and V5 doesn't matter if you can't get it off in time. At level 100 and good armor along with some of the best summons (which is why i just beat shade today) makes it so battles just go by fast, my friend almost never gets V5 on me because of how i space and stay at a good range. Cloud's major weakness is that if he can't get in it won't matter. Sephy's problem is that almost none of his moves have prio over others.

Edit: Just so you know how i felt about this XD

The game can sell 504,000 copies in the first week, but can only attract the attention of 3-5 members here? The sales chart is a lie. Seriously.

There has to be some others who are playing this game around 8WR. I know you're hiding! Come out!!

i was playing this... but i got sidetracked by...DJ Max Clazziquai Edition, DJ Max Black Square Edition, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. :)

I'll pick up on this game again once the US ver comes out. BTW, i love zidane xD

Why are we the only 8wayruners who care about dissidia

Because it's a fanservice game and I admit to playing it partially for that reason.

What FF fan doesn't want to beat the crap out of Cloud and Sephiroth with the other FF heroes and villans. I know I do.

Granted the game doesn't have much depth to it. There is just enough depth for non-button mashers to triumph over button mashers, but that's about it. There aren't really any combos in the game outside of multi-hitting moves. The only character that actually requires decent timing to play with is Jecht as what move he does is dependant on when you hit the attack button. Cloud of Darkness also requires timing. However it's not as strict as Jecht's. They should have implemented this for EVERY character. I have no clue why they only did it for two.

Okay, so I got a brand new psp and an iso. Can someone PM me or post here and tell me what to do to get the game working?

Brand new PSP as in a 3000 series? :O

If that's the case, then I have no clue. You need to have custom firmware in order to play games from their ISO file. The 3000 series PSP cannot obtain custom firmware as of yet.

If it's a 2000 series PSP, then it's simply a matter of getting custom firmware on it to play the ISO file.

...I'm waiting for the statewide release before I can enjoy my dream of beating Sephiroth senseless with Tidus.

Back