Final Fantasy XIII-2

To buy or not to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pre-owned copy at a cheaper price, i don't want Square Enix to profit from my purchase at all.

When i found out that bitch Lightning was the main character again this was my reaction.

I actually really like lightning. I just started playing the game for about 14 hours but so far she's the final fantasy protagonist I hate the least. Instead of spending all of her time brooding, sulking or laughing her head off like an idiot she just buckles down and does what she has to do. This'll sound weird but she reminds me of world war II vets in my family in that way. She already did and I already was describing her his way in my head when she told some little girly boy who is wearing way too much hair gel for a war-zone "It's not about whether you think you can or you can't. You just do what you have to." I can't say I know everything yet you know, but at this point it's so nice to see a proactive hero(ine).

I actually really like lightning. I just started playing the game for about 14 hours but so far she's the final fantasy protagonist I hate the least. Instead of spending all of her time brooding, sulking or laughing her head off like an idiot she just buckles down and does what she has to do. This'll sound weird but she reminds me of world war II vets in my family in that way. She already did and I already was describing her his way in my head when she told some little girly boy who is wearing way too much hair gel for a war-zone "It's not about whether you think you can or you can't. You just do what you have to." I can't say I know everything yet you know, but at this point it's so nice to see a proactive hero(ine).

Your opinion is respected without a doubt. if we all had the same opinion thaaat'd be jus' boring anyway.

As for me though, She just reminds me of the worst of girls i knew in the past, hence my spite for her. she is my most hated Final Fantasy Character for her extremely arrogant personality. to me she has a superiority complex and i don't appreciate it.

Lightning the main character? Yeah for like 5minutes.

Not from what a friend of mine says, hes had the game a whole week early like SCV playing both on and off and gave me some info on the game first hand since then.

Not from what a friend of mine says, hes had the game a whole week early like SCV playing both on and off and gave me some info on the game first hand since then.

Well i'm telling you now Lightning's not the main character lol. You only play lightning for a 10 minute quick boss battle when the game starts. After you win the battle theres like a 5min cutscene then it transitions to Noel and, Serah for the rest of the game lol.

Well i'm telling you now Lightning's not the main character lol. You only play lightning for a 10 minute quick boss battle when the game starts. After you win the battle theres like a 5min cutscene then it transitions to Noel and, Serah for the rest of the game lol.

Really?

Hmm, interesting. i have to look this up now. if that's the case i can at least try to tolerate the game and enjoy it, as long as Lightning isn't constantly on screen at all times being annoying. Thanks for the the tip.

Well even if she was on the screen at all times she couldn't be more annoying than..... well her sister the winy baby trying to make herself useful.
That being said BOTH of them are better than like the entire cast of VIII or X-2 or hell half of XII

Needs more Lightning.

Agreed, she was the only redeeming factor for me from FF13. Played the X13-2 demo for a whole 5 minutes before I switched it off, I can do without over optimistic squealing and characters that dress like clowns tbh.

Needs less Lightning, and apparently it does have a whole lot less Lightning then FFXIII, good riddance now i can play FFXIII-2 Pokemon Version without much harassment from the second worst protagonist in FF history, just hearing her voice disturbs me.

Pre-owned copy at a cheaper price, i don't want Square Enix to profit from my purchase at all.

When i found out that bitch Lightning was the main character again this was my reaction.

d06.gif

She's actually not the main Character, she's a side character. You don't get to play as her at all, only in the beginning when she's on Odin.

It mostly revolves around Serah, Lighting's Sister. With her, is her bitch - Noel. Together they Kill Caius, who is trying to Save Yeul by Destroying the Space Time Continuum of all Mandkind !!
*spoilers* TEEHEE

Needs less Lightning, and apparently it does have a whole lot less Lightning then FFXIII, good riddance now i can play FFXIII-2 Pokemon Version without much harassment from the second worst protagonist in FF history, just hearing her voice disturbs me.

You are outvoted here.

You have utterly bizarre and alien standards to me then.

It's called having a polar opposite opinion. you know, the stuff that starts wars?

You are outvoted here.

Mm, don't care, "I" still don't like her and nothing any of you guys say is gonna change that. to each there own, Cheers.

You forgot to throw Tidus, Squall, Cloud, and Terra in before Lightning.
And that's just the guarantees..... so many more could be in there.

I actually like Cloud, im not a raging fan boy like many Lightning fans are though. Squall, Tidus and Terra i give you them sure, but Lightning is a whole other level of annoying compared to them.

It's called having a polar opposite opinion. you know, the stuff that starts wars?

Mm, don't care, "I" still don't like her and nothing any of you guys say is gonna change that. to each there own, Cheers.

I actually like Cloud, im not a raging fan boy like many Lightning fans are though. Squall, Tidus and Terra i give you them sure, but Lightning is a whole other level of annoying compared to them.

Wait wait wait You understand that Lightning was made to be Cloud right? She is 80% the same character. The other 20% are her tits and vagina.
I mean hell they said that in an interview well before XIII was out.

Which is why your distaste for her is BAFFLING for most of us. Hating Vaan is understandable, but saying Lightning is as bad or worse? Retarded. THEN saying the character she was based off of is OK? You may actually be what some consider insane sir..... or ma'am?
If you were female that would make a little more sense actually.
sexism-vs-logic1.jpg

Although to me Lightning seemed more like if Cloud and Squall did the fusion dance and then got a sex change, we'd get Lightning.
God FF characters are dumb

Lol you have no idea how many times the sexist card was thrown at me when it comes to not appreciating Lightning as a character or female characters in video games and media in general. i don't understand why people can't fathom the fact that i dislike a character in the FF series where there are a lot of annoying characters, a handful you pointed out.

First of all are ya a feminist or something? guy or girl it doesn't matter if you are a feminist don't even bother reading on ahead because i've dealt with those type of people and nothing i say will get through to them since apparently any dislike of anything women is evil.

Come on now, i don't go around telling women go to the kitchen where you belong and get me a sammich and beer while your at it, her being a woman has nothing to do with it, granted i will admit i prefer male protagonists over female ones because i can relate better with them since ya know im a frickin' guy, it's only natural. buuuut ehh' that isn't the reason.

On the topic of Vaan, there are no words for him, hes that bad. calling him the Justin Bieber of the FF world would be a complement. Lightning is bad, to me but not nearly on the same level as that monstority.

I find it hard to relate to female characters unless they have really good personalities. like you said, Lightning is pretty much Cloud and Squall fused, and Squall is also a bitch and i don't like him either, but i dislike Lightning more then him because her attitude throughout the entire game is like she has a giant chip on her shoulder being a total ass to her team, even in Dissidia 012 she was a total bitch, and it really showed in that game more then Squall did in his game.

And the only reason why i like Cloud is because he brings back nostalgia from my childhood since FFVII was my first and is my favorite FF game of them all. 1997, 7th day 7 years old.

Funny thing is, i like him, but i like Sephiroth, Tifa, Cid, Red XIII and especially Vincent Valentine far more then Girly-man Cloud.

Tsk, For the ap tenth million time, i don't like Lightning because of her terrible attitude and Cloud gets a get-out-of-jail free card because hes Nostalgia.

For lack of a better word, your right FF characters are dumb in the end anyway.

I really do find it absolutely hilarious on how people react toward my distaste towards lightning, in the end shes just a fictional character, if ya' care that much about a non-existent pixelated character, look in the mirror and see who the real insane one is.

Considering that I am unfamiliar with FFXIII how does Lightning act? I have heard she is a Cloud expy but that tells me very little actually. How Cloud acted in 7 was completely different than in the spin off material. In FFVII he was a faux tough guy who it is not till he acepts that he is a uber-dork than he can defeat his effeminate nemesis. He also is humiliated multiple times by molestation, cross dressing, and temporary vegetative state. Cloud was basically Laguna-lite. In spin off material he is however the most emo character they could possibly concieve. Zack then took over as dork which kinda makes shit for sense considering Cloud was supposively imitating him when trying to act tough.

So is she dorky or is she emo?

Considering that I am unfamiliar with FFXIII how does Lightning act? I have heard she is a Cloud expy but that tells me very little actually. How Cloud acted in 7 was completely different than in the spin off material. In FFVII he was a faux tough guy who it is not till he acepts that he is a uber-dork than he can defeat his effeminate nemesis. He also is humiliated multiple times by molestation, cross dressing, and temporary vegetative state. Cloud was basically Laguna-lite. In spin off material he is however the most emo character they could possibly concieve. Zack then took over as dork which kinda makes shit for sense considering Cloud was supposively imitating him when trying to act tough.

So is she dorky or is she emo?

Shes far from Dorky, if she was i would like her. she isn't 100% emo but she does whine a lot in the beginning boo hoo this and that kinda stuff about being a l'cie or whatever the hell that stupid word was.

If you want my opinion on her, shes like a woman PMS'ing 24/7. No Joke. i finished the game entirely. it was torture but hoped it would get better. oh and speaking of Hope, i take that back, HOPE is the worst i totally forgot about him. he whines the most.

Back