Final Fantasy XIII-2

To buy or not to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PANDA

[13] Hero
In case people didn't know, this game has the same release date as SCV.
Just hope that this game isn't linear as fuck.
Still gonna buy it though... teehee!

Cactuar, I CHOSE YOUUU !

B003O6JIVE-3-lg.jpg

This game is the reason why I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to get SC5 on day one. I kinda want both these games, but I'm almost broke at the moment so I can only afford one of them for a while.

Sorry, going to pass on this one for now. I actually liked XIII over this.

I'll wait until the price halves, which shouldn't take too long. lol

My answer isn't on the poll. It's "Buying it if and when I feel like it."

It looks like it'll probably better than XIII and I like the Chrono Trigger homages, but I'm just not really in the right mood right now.

This game actually looks awesome. I wasn't a big fan of XIII but everything i disliked about XIII has been corrected. A must buy for me ;)

Already ordered it way back.

And just an fyi it's already gotten a little flack in japan about being too NON-linear lol. However the complaints themselves have nothing in them that make them worth noting. Just fanboy cries.

But ya this game is Chrono Trigger, Megami Tensei Nocturne and FF X combined, so far anyway, so it's really a winning combo.

I got mine yesterday too. It is sitting in a corner of my desk, waiting to be played.
Eh. Maybe next week.

so coming from you guys, is it worth playing or not? I still have mine shrink'd wrapped and haven't opened it. I picked it up today off whim purchase and was able to get all the pre-order DLC too even though I didn't preorder. Even though I generally liked the story of first FFXIII, the gameplay was at times long and dreary. But that's not why you play JRPGs, right? I'm not so sure about these "X-2" titles. Kinda like an unneccesary sequel imho.

This isn't X-2 i'll tell you that. X-2 was a swift cash in on a franchise that did well.

Since XIII didn't do well this literally couldn't be that nor could they look at it this way. This game feels more like the game they WANTED but didn't do.
It being worth it is up to you.

So I dug in and tried it for a few hours. time travel... huh. I wish they would have just re-modernize Chrono Trigger. The opening premise is kind've a stretch though because it just rips apart the ending of the previous game to explain the purpose of this game. time / dimension travel... well I'll tackle this game here and there when I can.

Back