Final Fantasy XIII

tv ad's for this game in my country are half ff ad and half leona lewis's new album ad', wich is annoying...
and the xbl download is labelled as ff12!
I'm not gonna bother.

I can't beat the "boss" of the Lake chapter -_-. They do this crystal rain move, and I die, even with full health. WTF can I do? I can only use so many iron bangles =/

I can't beat the "boss" of the Lake chapter -_-. They do this crystal rain move, and I die, even with full health. WTF can I do? I can only use so many iron bangles =/

I died on that one too,you need to keep paradigm shifting in time, make sure you have the Relentless assult paradigm which is COM, RAV and RAV and the Diversity paradigm which is made up of COM, RAV and MED so that you are healed when Crystal rain hits, also make sure you spend your CP on the Crystarium before the battle.

Just finished off Chapter Nine's boss. Definitely a fun fight, didn't get to use a Summon (again). I've been wanting to try one against a boss, but I get so absorbed in the fight I never get the chance.

This boss was the first boss I didn't 5-star. In fact, I didn't get any stars on this boss, finished him off in 10 minutes. Too long! Not even sure I could've beaten him any fast what with the constant cleaning of Stagger.

Finished the main story today it is amazing i wish it was longer :(

On to the side quests now :/ lots of Cp grinding to do.

Im grinding on the infamous grinding spot for CP at Gran Pulse.
im going to get 999,999 CP points for each character before moving on.

Im sorry, but this ff is incredibly dissapointing. I have only really played 10, X2, and 12, but i have loved them all and have developed a great appreciation for JRPGs. WTF is this that im playing now. I am 13 hours in and i dont know/dont care about the story or characters, The combat is cool, but im bored with 2 characters at a time, and there has been nothing but long corridors fullof monsters that pose no challenge. When does this game get fun. I keep hearing at chapt 11, but why, play a game for 20 hours waiting for the good part?

Behemeth King pwns me

and so does Adamantoise

Can't take on the Adamants, not even the smaller ones when you get there. Behemoth Kings are trouble because they can transform and heal all their health so defeating them quickly (or at least disabling them by Launching them) is a must. When I first got there, I went ahead and did as many missions as I could. About 17 missions in, I got the ability to ride chocobos and could reach the cliffs hiding extra treasure. Even better was the chocobo could find treasures for me and I found a number of gold nuggets/dust useful for selling.

The side-effect of all this beefed me up quite a bit and I was able to take on Behemoth Kings a bit easier. Sadly, I still need to surprise them before I can kill them.

Also managed to catch and kill a cactar (need chocobo access to get them to appear). They give out 5000 CP, not really worth the time it takes to kill them. They have 777,777 HP and are highly weak to fire. Grab Sazh and buff up to really tear them to pieces with Enfire/Haste/Bravery.

Also, Sentinels are highly useful now. Make sure you get Mystic Tower and Delta Attack Paradigms! I just finished off the Steppes and moved on to Mah'habara and got my last summon. Almost finished with the Crystarium at this stage too.

Im sorry, but this ff is incredibly dissapointing. I have only really played 10, X2, and 12, but i have loved them all and have developed a great appreciation for JRPGs. WTF is this that im playing now. I am 13 hours in and i dont know/dont care about the story or characters, The combat is cool, but im bored with 2 characters at a time, and there has been nothing but long corridors fullof monsters that pose no challenge. When does this game get fun. I keep hearing at chapt 11, but why, play a game for 20 hours waiting for the good part?

If you liked X-2 than there is no hope for you what so ever.

It'll pick back up. It'd help what chapter you're on also. And don't you dare talk about shitty ff....especially since you like 12...

i mean...where have you been?
First 3...no comparison....
FF4 - the one i have YET to play
FF5 - awesome...comsumed most of my younger days trying to master every job
FF6 - like teh BEST ff all around
FF7 - Great game...until you figured out the materia system, then you game will proceed to collect dust.
FF8 - Awesome story, horrible battle system, just draw 99 ultimas and then it will also proceed to collect dust.
FF9 - took you back to your roots, loved the game...could've done better job on the story
FF10 - If i wanted to pay $60 for a movie, then i'll rent a blu-ray Disc, otherwise, interesting battle system, until you broke spheres and have Lulu the Best mage in teh game.....and Wakka would become useless. And Khimari wouldn't be labeled the black character (yes....he was black...look at the obvious things about him.)
X-2 - really.....? i'd rather rent Charlie's Angles
FF12 - I don't know what happened..but i think SquareEnix skipped this one in their series, i don't think they released a FF12....

I get 6,600 CP in 58 seconds.

There's better spots in Pulse.

Go to Mah'habara and run through the tunnel until the fork. Go left and run down that tunnel until you get to the garage and then run back. Don't get too close, otherwise you'll face a difficult boss with 1.8 million HP. You can beat him after building up a bit, though.

Anyway, that little tunnel will get you around 20,000 CP in about 2 minutes. Especially if you use relentless assault and surprise the enemy, which is pretty easy on the return run. What you're looking for are Hoplites and a Bomb like enemy. The Hoplites are weak against Thunder, while the bomb-like enemies are weak against fire. Both are extremely fragile and offer up (per battle group) around 3,000 to 4,900. You can kill them in about 30 seconds, less if you surprise them.

If you don't wanna tackle Mah'habara yet, you can stick around the Steppes and/or Vallis Media and fight the small bird like enemies (a Gremlin subtype). They can't see behind themselves or directly in front. They can only see from the side. There's a number of them still around worshipping treasure chests and are easy to surprise. Killing them yields 4,000 exp and there's a lot of them on the Southwestern shelf of the Steppes.

In Vallis Media there's a few groups of the same gremlin types (Adroa), but also some stronger enemies. If you can dodge them and take the left branch into an area called Yassif Massif(sic) you can venture down another left path and eventually reach a small ruin deep inside the area. There, you can fight Cie'th like enemies that are weak to every element, though durable, you can net around 3,000 CP per fight and are easy to re-spawn thanks to a nearby save point.

Try to tackle some missions before you go down there, though. There's a nearby Cie'th stone before the ruins that can teleport you from the ruins entrance back to the Steppes, so once you get tired of the ruins, you can go back to Steppes and try tackling some other enemies or take on some other missions. I recommend that you at least try and do all the missions possible on the Steppes. Which means going as far as getting chocobo access. With the ability to ride chocobos, you can get nearly all the treasures in the Steppes save for those guarded by the Adamants. You'll also get a chance to take on the Ochu (WAY too hard), unlock the sheep and get the Cactars to come out. Plus you'll be able to do treasure hunts with the chocobos and get some rare and useful items for selling or upgrading.

Because this version is more strict on the development of the story, it does open up eventually though. :)

There's better spots in Pulse.

Go to Mah'habara and run through the tunnel until the fork. Go left and run down that tunnel until you get to the garage and then run back. Don't get too close, otherwise you'll face a difficult boss with 1.8 million HP. You can beat him after building up a bit, though.

Anyway, that little tunnel will get you around 20,000 CP in about 2 minutes. Especially if you use relentless assault and surprise the enemy, which is pretty easy on the return run. What you're looking for are Hoplites and a Bomb like enemy. The Hoplites are weak against Thunder, while the bomb-like enemies are weak against fire. Both are extremely fragile and offer up (per battle group) around 3,000 to 4,900. You can kill them in about 30 seconds, less if you surprise them.

If you don't wanna tackle Mah'habara yet, you can stick around the Steppes and/or Vallis Media and fight the small bird like enemies (a Gremlin subtype). They can't see behind themselves or directly in front. They can only see from the side. There's a number of them still around worshipping treasure chests and are easy to surprise. Killing them yields 4,000 exp and there's a lot of them on the Southwestern shelf of the Steppes.

In Vallis Media there's a few groups of the same gremlin types (Adroa), but also some stronger enemies. If you can dodge them and take the left branch into an area called Yassif Massif(sic) you can venture down another left path and eventually reach a small ruin deep inside the area. There, you can fight Cie'th like enemies that are weak to every element, though durable, you can net around 3,000 CP per fight and are easy to re-spawn thanks to a nearby save point.

Try to tackle some missions before you go down there, though. There's a nearby Cie'th stone before the ruins that can teleport you from the ruins entrance back to the Steppes, so once you get tired of the ruins, you can go back to Steppes and try tackling some other enemies or take on some other missions. I recommend that you at least try and do all the missions possible on the Steppes. Which means going as far as getting chocobo access. With the ability to ride chocobos, you can get nearly all the treasures in the Steppes save for those guarded by the Adamants. You'll also get a chance to take on the Ochu (WAY too hard), unlock the sheep and get the Cactars to come out. Plus you'll be able to do treasure hunts with the chocobos and get some rare and useful items for selling or upgrading.

20K in 2 minutes ay? hm...

ya i went that way before... and that juggernaut is impossible to kill at my Crystarium stage.
what do you get if you kill that juggernaut anyway?

so far i've been able to max out everyone's Stage 8 Crystarium.
i can't wait to get Stage 9 Crystarium. Vanille can finally learn Death

Question about Accessories...
1. do they go beyond lvl 1 tier?

2. which ones are the most useful to upgrade?

20K in 2 minutes ay? hm...

ya i went that way before... and that juggernaut is impossible to kill at my Crystarium stage.
what do you get if you kill that juggernaut anyway?

so far i've been able to max out everyone's Stage 8 Crystarium.
i can't wait to get Stage 9 Crystarium. Vanille can finally learn Death

Question about Accessories...
1. do they go beyond lvl 1 tier?

2. which ones are the most useful to upgrade?

I've only played around with the upgrading. Generally resetting after I've done it. But most of the accessories I've messed with don't level up very high. For example, the Whistlewind Scarf only goes up to level 2 and if you upgrade it there, it transforms to the Aurora Scarf. But the property of the accessory changes as well. So instead of ATB+10% on Whistlewind, you get First Strike. Both accessories still belong in the same category, so you can put them together and get an extra ability. Speed Sash transforms into Energy Sash and both only level up once as well. The other accessories, I'm not too sure what their max level is, but I believe they'll max out once you double the bonus they apply (for example, Iron Bangle might max out when the HP bonus is at 100).

As far as Dismantling goes, I've played with it even less. Generally, don't dismantle until you max out, otherwise you get some very crappy components. When you dismantle an item, the rewards you get pale in price value compared to what you needed to upgrade, with some very few exceptions. Accessories on the other hand, seem to reward some useful stuff. The biggest reward I've found is Doctor's Code. It maxes out at level 2, when you dismantle it, you get an Elixir, and 3 Shrouds (can't remember which ones specifically). Since Doctor's Code can't be bought (and I've only found 2 so far), it makes it one of the most valuable accessories for Dismantling.

Elixirs act like Megalixirs in this game, by the way.

Either way, I'm still a little short on cash (probably should do more chocobo treasure hunts for salable items like gold nuggets/dust), so I can't buy the really good Screw-icon items for upgrading. I do find a lot of the organic components, though, so getting the exp bonuses isn't a problem. I've managed to get all the cheap (starter) weapon upgrades to their max level, but haven't transformed all of them yet. When you transform a weapon, most cases it gets weaker and its on a lower level than when you upgraded. So you'll need to upgrade it even more just to bring it back to the capped weapon's power.

As for the Juggernaut, I killed him in the same chapter you're in. In fact, I'm in the same chapter you're in. I managed to beat him, and the other one further in. Both of them are optional kills. You don't get much CP for killing them, though. The one behind the garage guards a Cie'th Stone and a treasure chest with an accessory item. The other one doesn't really guard anything.

Really, why is it that all of you don't want to admit FFXIII is mediocre?

I mean, comparing it to past FF games and trying to rate them is silly. Since 7, square's been playing around with its system quite a bit. And this time, it landed real short of what many FF fans were hoping it would be. And yet I still see a whole lot of them calling it a good game.

I mean, it follows such a ridiculous pattern for more than half the game that I have to wonder how anyone enjoys it. Hallway->Battle->Hallway->Boss->Cutscene->Save->Hallway Repeat. I've tried to figure it out, but simply can't figure out why people like this game. I mean, I suppose the quality of the story is subjective, and I find it only decent, but games don't do well on story alone.

Also- what's up with people hating Hope and/or hating a character who cries a couple times in general? I mean, he's a little kid who watched his mother die and got cursed for life. There's plenty of motivation there for someone to cry, especially considering the timespan of the game isn't that long.

I like Hope as a character, just hes weak in battle.

I do love FF13 alot, but I've always been a fan of linear-story driven games. Hate open worlds to be honest, I like structure.

Back