Final Fantasy XV.

Ramus

[14] Master
Discussion about the newest Final Fantasy.

While I have mixed feeling as of yet, the battle system is kind of...
The fact so far only boys will be in your party is kind of.....(It adds salt to the wound the fact they look like a freaking boy band.)
The "realism" of the plot is kind of....
The fact the main character is yet another obvious, try hard to look cool, pet character is kind of...
You see there is too much "..." with a limited, yet precise information about the game, Enix is trying to innovate, too much, putting a Kingdom Hearts kind of battle system.
Sorry to say but KH, is a overrated piece of fanservice...

Anywho.
I really hope I am wrong, and the week after it launch everybody will say "What a great game." I really hope so, but in the time being I will keep skeptical.

the battle system is not like XIII at all. It's going to be like KH if anything, it's that team and it's in real time. I mean... there are videos of it out there man, multiple gameplay videos.

This game has been the only game that matters from Square since 2006. I'm excited, despite the YEARS of no news, everything that has been said about it has only made me more excited.

And from the mouth of Nomura himself. Despite how the main guy looks he is NOT a cool character. He is a quirky weird character and the clothes he wears are just the clothes he has lol. It's just that the story and most of what we see of it are dead serious moments and plot. So that's what we get.

seeing the trailer, that kid seems emo as hell. All black clothes and emo hair.
I hope he will be the new Cloud.
Excited for the game, I am.

Well. I've wanted this since it was known as Versus13. The world itself looks really neat, imo. So yeah, when it was shown at E3...I was pretty excited to see it. On my Next-Gen list, for sure.

And from the mouth of Nomura himself. Despite how the main guy looks he is NOT a cool character. He is a quirky weird character and the clothes he wears are just the clothes he has lol. It's just that the story and most of what we see of it are dead serious moments and plot. So that's what we get.
I do hope so, I just hope they are humans, not some walking stereotype, like the main cast of XIII. (Funny how the villains in that game had more to offer than the heroes, like Cid, Yang and Nabaat.)
I don't mind serious character, is just what they kept doing on Lighting "Oh we should put this..and this...and this...oh we forgot this....oh just slap a Goddess in her already." So, as long he is not some. "Destined Child to be God, with inhuman attributes" too much I mean, I am good.
I just wanted the party wasn't PC controlled.

Seeing as I have been a huge Final Fantasy player since they were on the NES and SNES, I am not sure if I am going to like the fact they are changing around the battle system. ATB has always been a known thing in these games so this may be the deal breaker for me, though the storyline might be the only thing that I ever play this game.

A real time battle system, you say? Huh. Now I might be interested. As long as Noctis isn't XYZ angsty teenager, I'll deal.

Well like i said. He's supposed to be quirky weird guy. Also i don't care if he is emo, or how any character is, because it's how they're portrayed and what they add to the story and atmosphere that matter.

Why Mizu? Because 13 wasn't that bad. HEYOOOOOOOOO starting the flame war already?
RETS GO.

I also won't participate, just start.

Also i don't care if he is emo, or how any character is, because it's how they're portrayed and what they add to the story and atmosphere that matter.
At one point of time, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. But now I can safely say that Square has no clue how to pull off angsty, emo or turbulent characters with any kind of mastery. There's a difference between emotional depth and, as Ramus put it, 'a walking stereotype'.

Still, mildly intrigued about this; will watch this space :)

Things done for the sake of stereotyping are usually for comedies, and it works. Otherwise that's almost never the case for any other genre. It just happens to be a character type that the creators believe fits whatever role in the story required.

Back