[Florida] lol, Florida thread

So for anyone still with questions: Launch party is Friday through Sunday.

Bring your own Stick\Pad, and hold onto it. I've had 2+ stolen already I can't spare any more.
Anyone willing to bring a station is VERY MUCH appreciated.
Tournament is going to be $5 buy in, winner takes all Double Elimination. No characters banned, standard mode. I'll try to have my own station with all characters unlocked.
Still considering what the house Fee will be. ($3-$5 to cover any damages) {If you bring a station you are exempt from this fee.}

Any other questions text me I don't think I can have more than 15 people due to space limits, but if we get enough of a turnout, I'll see if my neighbor will be willing to extend his place for us as well. So RSVP, just in case! or I MAY have to start turning people away.
(551) 804-6614 Call or TXT!

I'll have an official tourney thread up soon but for now this will have to do as I'm on Vacation in Cali.

CYA All!

Hope you're enjoying the vacation. I just came out of my hole since Dwayne mentioned a launch party and stuff.

Sounds like a blast. I'll be logging on more often now. =)

So for anyone still with questions: Launch party is Friday through Sunday.

Bring your own Stick\Pad, and hold onto it. I've had 2+ stolen already I can't spare any more.
Anyone willing to bring a station is VERY MUCH appreciated.
Tournament is going to be $5 buy in, winner takes all Double Elimination. No characters banned, standard mode. I'll try to have my own station with all characters unlocked.
Still considering what the house Fee will be. ($3-$5 to cover any damages) {If you bring a station you are exempt from this fee.}

Any other questions text me I don't think I can have more than 15 people due to space limits, but if we get enough of a turnout, I'll see if my neighbor will be willing to extend his place for us as well. So RSVP, just in case! or I MAY have to start turning people away.
(551) 804-6614 Call or TXT!

I'll have an official tourney thread up soon but for now this will have to do as I'm on Vacation in Cali.

CYA All!

How many people do you have so far and what console will be used? I hope there is room for maybe one more....

It's going to be on PS3.

I also started a facebook group for Florida SOULCALIBUR. So If you ever see this post, and you aren't already a member, send over a join request and it will be accepted! https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/235742909836487/

Well, then I need to either get my Round 1 TE dual modded, find a cheap TE, borrow a friend's or borrow one there for it. After playing SC II for old time sake and unlocking stuff one the 360 HD, realized I can't play pad consistently anymore. Too use to an arcade stick now.

Hey guys! Local KOF player here getting ready to break into the SC community. I played SC2 a lot casually back in the day and SC5 is looking really nice. This will be my first time attempting to play this game competitively so I will do my best to learn and come out to local gatherings (My car can't handle driving far so I would have to carpool to branch out). I'm interested in Alpha Patroklos because I enjoyed Setsuka's style in SCIV, though I didn't enjoy that game well enough.

Looking forward to learning, gaining experience, and eventually place well in tourneys! Haha

Awesome! Where do you live? There might be a scene near you so you might not have to travel too far.

Oh! lol Welcome to 8WR! If you have any questions about what you see on the forums here, feel free to ask me. I am the liaison to new players.

Does anyone in here have any experience with stick modification? I am planning to get a deal for a round one TE, but wanted to get some art on there. The person I was going to ask moved away a while ago so I have been looking for someone new to help.

Heh, hey haori. What about you? You gonna be in the states for any tournaments during V?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't really dig through all the threads on this forum anymore. =/ I can't justify paying for a plane ticket just to come back for a tourney. If there's one when I come back in October, though, I'll be there. I may hit up a couple tournaments in Japan if I have the time.

Back