FSAK Official Results/Props Thread

LP I thought you was white too lol.

And has the blkrabbit vs. xeph MM been initiated? I want to see that!

Get hype, get hype!

Blkrabbit will never be in an offline event, and I wouldn't MM him. That's just mean to pick on beginners like that.

You should probably post the thing about you needing support in another topic/somewhere it will get more attention, Shogun.

This is late like woah, but huge props to IdleMind, HackerMike, Alecia, Jaxel, and all the TOs for successfully pulling off the most ambitious tournament format I've ever seen. Everyone involved with organizing this tourney just did an incredible job.

Great to see everyone again, good games to everyone I played. I'm definitely glad I dragged my old ass out of retirement for this.

Man this experience was prolly the greatest experiences I had since my first time having sex. It was so AWESOME! (in white voice) I’ve always had the deepest passion for fighting games never thought I would be competing in a major, playing against the greatest in the world, in one of my favorite fighting games of all time. It was truly a blast, pleasure to meet you all I will never forget you. And with that said…..

ATL Peeps Shout Outs
Sensei-OSU
It was great seeing you again since you left for Seattle really missed playing you offline and hanging out etc. Was disappointed in you for not taking the tournament seriously, I think things would’ve gone a lot better for you and Tira if only you had used her. I know you were focused on meetings people so I’m happy for you that you got to meet everyone IRL. Thanks for the helping me out and recording my matches I owe ya one.

Soofie a.k.a SupPie
Was extremely impressed by your Raph during the tournament and in casuals, you’ve really improved a lot in terms of skill. Your stepping, spacing, blocking etc all has gotten a lot better. As for your Talim, well, she can’t compare to your Raph I’ll put it that way. I am most grateful for your coming to KY and helping out with gas along the way even though you had no more money left afterwards and caused some major problems for Me, Antics, and Pond but we all got home safe and that’s all that matters. Glad you enjoyed yourself man.

RTD
Even though your main was banned you still kicked a lot of ass at fsak with not one but 3 different characters and placed top 10. Proved to everyone that even without your main you are still a formidable force to be reckoned with. Sorry you couldn’t rent the car hope you had a good time anyways.

SwordLord
Was super glad you could make it, wasn’t expecting you to show up but you did and you did well props to you for that. We didn’t hang out much or play at all if I remember correctly, but we play each other so much it probably didn’t even cross our minds lol. Xia is definitely your main, of the matches I watched you play, when you used her you gave people more trouble than anyone else you used. So stick to it and master her, I think you will do a lot better next time.

Mick
It’s funny how everything we talked about and everything you said you would do actually came true lol… I truly admire a man of their word. You defeated Pond, you defeated Malek, you MURDERED SU, you defeated DK (who was scared to begin with), and 90% of the players were mashers. I never doubted you not once but because of all the shit you talk I was bit scared for you, would have been upset if you didn’t do well but you did great and put fear in SC players hearts in the entire US AND across the country, job well done nigga. Can’t wait for Oct. 1st we hitting up Chitown and straight beasting! Don’t let the Hype die!

FireStarter (sp?)
Was cool to meet you dude, and as you requested I work with you as well as the rest of the ATL crew. You have a lot of potential just need to be taught. Hope to see you at NEC11

….EVERYONE ELSE….

Teffy Tef
It was funny meeting you lol… We were walking down the sidewalk together and I had no idea who you were but when we finally said something and introduced ourselves I was like, “I’m Shinji” and you was like, “I’m Tef nigga” and we both was like, “WASSUP NIGGA!!” and started laughing our ass off it was funny. Anyways man I’m extremely proud of you the most for showing up #1 and doing well #2. So many people doubted you because of your online self but you showed them that you are more than just an top lagger online. Really surprised you did well vs Hajime major props for that cause dude straight RO’d me  . Major thanks for paying my way into the tourney, buying me food, giving me a place to sleep, and just being a brother-like figure to me. Knew you would be cool from all the psn chats we’ve had psn but connected so well offline it was like I’ve known you personally for a while lol truly one of the coolest guys I have ever met. You’s my nigga *hits chest w/ fist twice and throws up the peace sign* lol

KDZ
Best Stick Player award…. indeed. I swear we don’t even hear the volume when you play all we hear is… Tap!, Tap!, Tap!, Tap!.. pause.. tttttttttttttttttttttttTAP!.. Tap! Tap! Lol shit be so funny you’re like sooo into it which is good cause you crank things up and just make people want to watch you play cause ur just having fun with everything. Was a pleasure to meet you offline totally different than I was expecting. GGs on Amy vs Liz next time I want that Cass though your Liz sucks 

Hawkeye
You already know…. Lol. After all the shit talk on psn, skyping and facebooking, was great to finally meet you in person. We had so much fun together those times will be remembered. You surprised the shit out of me cause you did so well with Taki, one of the most underrated characters in the game, and you even beat Hates “top cervy in the US” u get mad props on that. Really great personality you were like one of the coolest people to hang out with. We played around during the tournament matches not using our mains and you came out the victor, I wasn’t moved in the slightest I know I would have won with Amy  next time I won’t be so lenient. And you know was the fucked the fuck up falling asleep in my cold ass car, I tried to wake you n you wouldn’t fucking move… As an ATLien would say, “You can’t hang” lol jk… but fun times hope to see you next month, try to take a day off please  RUM+Ice Tea we must do it again!

DreamKiller
 I love you so much, you were the coolest guy there to me. You had the funny, the friendly, the personality, the voice, the whole package… I just had to hang out with yo ass but dude get some real vodka not that Russian bullshit... Me and Mick was like “WHAT THE FUCK is this shit” Mick spit that shit out haha…. Man I got so fucked up Friday night I went and layed in your bed with nothing but undies on and you weren’t even there to support me.. sadface. I wake up and see lobo on the other bed with no pants on (still fucked I am) walks over to him (still in undies)… and you won’t believe what happened next.  Can’t wait to play that Amy again bring ur ass to Chitown and stop being a bitch… OH SHIT I just remembered I owe you like 40$.. damn, don’t worry though I got you Dominican.

P.S. stop licking ur lips at me it makes me blush.

Pond
When I first met I was like super excited, I had to hold it in cause we had just met at the McDonalds I didn’t want to scare anybody… black guy on white guy doesn’t look to good lol.
It was a pleasure getting to know you, you kinda reminded me of Mick with the cockiness but you’re a lot nicer when being cocky compared to Mick which is a good thing. I was surprised at how we bonded in such a short period of time felt like we became good friends. You’re really cool and funny as hell when you want to be, your little side jokes had me cracking up. *SIGHS* I got so frustrated during our sessions at and after fsak (at ARU’s house), I hated losing to you so bad but I was glad to fight the top Amy. You showed me a lot during our fights some of which I came so close to winning but could not seal the deal and it pained me so much I really hope to do better against you next time now that I have a better understanding of control thanks to Mick and you. I was really blown away when you said you lack character knowledge on a lot of characters and then you stated you’re so good you never really had to prettimuch which also blew me away, but I respect your level of skill as much as I do Mick. Your Xia, Kilik, and Mitsu are really good surprise you never use them in tournaments. But anyways get ready for Oct 1st nigga cause we coming for yo ass!

ARU
THE funniest guy of all time, congrats my friend you have been awarded the funny award. Next time I prepare for a long ass drive im gonna make sure I add you to the check list, you had us rolling for an entire 16 hours we was laughing so hard we couldn’t even fucking breathe it was ridiculous lol… And man I promise I thought you black, and I was like WHAT!? He’s not black wtf… Your voldo was sick wit it, you had some people worried and you never used voldo online so I had no idea what it would be like and it was beast you get mad props for doing so well, can’t wait to play your ass again either Oct 1st ! Such a wonderful family really appreciate your dad for letting us stay and feeding us really nice of him. Sadly we didn’t chat that much got to work on that, I think ur medication interfered with a lot but at least you had a good time. Sorry about Friday I took you through so much trouble but you are such a forgiving person glad we friends 

Shoutouts to come:

Ramon
IdleMind
Krit
Sporko
LostProvidence
LP’s Lil Bro
Brewtus
Rigel
CD
Woahhzz
Team Canada
HumanTyphoon
JJJ
Goofus1
JustKill
Dully
ManMicLove
SU
G1
Jrwr7
Lobo
Xeph
Hates
ZeroEffects
Malek
Malice

FUCK………..

Hell yeah, expect too be treated like that anytime you with me shinji. love ya,

Damn, like two weeks since the tournament, isn't it? Either way, doesn't feel right, this being my first big tournament and having so many faces to not give my own props and shoutouts!

First and foremost, of course I have to give it up to Idle and his team. Not only did they all run a monstrous event, but they were everywhere! And it was good to see so many people from the community helping out just having a good time! Funny that people always complain about tournaments running on time, too, when the players not getting their asses off of the TVs so the tournament could start delayed it more than anything! I was indirectly part of the problem though; every time you all would say finish up the casuals, KDZ would say to go to rematch and we'd end up playing all over again. XD

Okay, now that I've gotten the Justice League out of the way

Jersey/Philly guys! Like I said, except for, maybe...two sessions at the beginning of the year (and, if you call Malcolm coming over and not getting off of the sticks until everyone left two weeks before the last time I played with you guys!), you guys were the only real practice I got in. Not only that, but you all are more than decent (and continue to improve!. Because of the drive from Ft. Drum to Philly, I feel like I'm going to train with some sages in the mountains when I go to play with you guys.

Sadly, dunno if I'm going to be able to make it out there next week like I had planned, but we'll see.

Sporko - As I write this, I notice you all aren't having a session tonight! Wtfux?! Either way, every time I saw you, you were in the back smoking! Except the times where I felt you could've at least taken a match on SU and Malek! Both of those games drew me in right at the ending of the match! Other than that, I see you're adding more stuff to your repertoire! When we played and you did the taunt cancel, you had caught me off guard because I thought you said you didn't like it! I ate a bunch of 1As too!

Still, cool that you all keep getting better and better and even cooler to watch you play people you haven't played before; whereas I go in defensively most of the time, I notice you go in and get straight down to business no matter who you're playing! And you just can't seem to get enough of the backturned spin thingy!

Either way, you guys are like my Calibur home away from home, even if I get the hate when I come through! Even if I can't make it out there some time soon, as long as you all keep playing Calibur and you keep housing, I'm sure I'll make it out there sooner or later.

As for being nervous, I think I may be a bit better off for the next tournament I go to. On top of that, even if I do get nervous, I noticed that getting casuals (or even tournament games) with people I'm comfortable with playing calmed me down quite a bit for my next couple of matches.

350z - I swear, I have more fun playing you than any other Calibur player, especially because we actually sit there and talk while we play! Bummer on not doing as well as you want to, but we all know you're decent. Honestly, one of the coolest guys in the Calibur community. Wish we would've gotten more X/Ivy matches in, but I really didn't get to play as much as I wanted to; time was passing faster than I thought it was and I get tired quickly for a few days after flights (plus I had no idea where any of you guys were staying!). You know, it's funny too, your iCS, because you know it's coming...but it still somehow manages to get you! I swear, I NEVER mash to break throws, but I was doing it during our matches and STILL managed to get iCS'd. x_x

Malice - I dunno why you weren't in the tournament. We managed to get a couple of matches in just cuz, but still, why'd you drop out? I mean, you're like THE Aggressive Sophitia player. I know I personally said you attack too much with some unsafe stuff, but you should use that to your advantage! Half the time when we're playing, I'm thinking, "Okay...he's going to do fuckin' A+B or AS AA." and then you do nothing...the other half the time I say fuck it and then get hit by one of them! x_x

Zero - You and Miko are like fuckin' twins. >_> Either way, good shit on repping Talim and making believers out of people who may have doubted you. I swear, even though I know I spam 4A like there's no tomorrow, I still watched you read so many players with your 236B MULTIPLE times. Hoping you rep Talim if there's a SC5. The fact that you do so well with her limitations (and, on top of that, she's made your fundamentals unbelievably decent) will make you just that much better if Namco buffs her up. Simply put, you ARE the U.S. Talim. =P

InsaneKhent - We got in a couple of casuals. I know Sets vs. Mina is pretty horrible, but I think you can make it work somehow. Like Zero, you ARE Mina, so I know you'll figure some stuff out.

Rigel - I know you didn't enter the tourney, but you were my go to guy whenever I didn't know what the hell was going on (and that was quite a few times). Thanks for everything you did to help out and it was fun having you in the room after the tourney. I swear, though, when you talk shit while you're playing, it sounds so condescending (and I wasn;'t even playing you!). ;-;

JJJ - Don't get down on losing to me with Amy, really! Like I said, I just know a few things that Setsuka can REALLY exploit against Amy and I was really comfortable playing against you. You're, honestly, already there with Amy (you should've known that just because you piss some of your boys off with her), so don't down yourself if you lose. Other than that, the next time I manage to make it out there, I'll show you some of these 'Amy Exploits' so that you can go ahead and work on some counter-strats (though, to me, they're still in Set's favor =P).

Woahhzz - Told you that you were guaranteed AT LEAST top 4! Of course, it's hard to know how annoying your playstyle is unless you play someone who plays like you a little bit. We didn't get to play, but thanks for helping my lil' bro out. He still isn't at the point where he was (he's only had online to use) but I think it helped him to adjust to some of the offline stuff.

Also, all of your guarding and pressing a thousand buttons scares me.

NinjaDakuFox - Nigga, I can talk to you any time.

HumanTyphoon - Lulz! I did better than you did with Sets, nugga!!! But seriously, fun having you in the room. Didn't get to play you at the tournament, but I think I played more casuals with you than I did with anyone else. Also, have you considered changing your main to Sophie? Especially with that new step thing Mick showed you, I think she fits your style way more.

SU - Lulz! Between you, Malcolm, Hawkeye, my bro, and Mick, I felt like I was at home with my guys and my brothers. So I'm especially sorry for forgetting to bring the lube to that ass-raping you had to be victim of! That shit was revenge for waking me up a thousand times the night before! But, nah, seriously, good shit out there and it was fun having you there. That Sunday night, though I fell asleep at some point in time, I wanted to stay up and watch you play more. I knew you were cool when I started talking my shit when I first met you and you started talking shit right back.

Still, even though I could tell you were off your game a lil' bit (and then Mick threw your ass right over a cliff!), I hope you do heed RTD's words and find your answers with Kilik. Especially considering all the Kilik's at this tournament and all the people you got to play, I think you proved once and for all that it's you dominating and not your character. You're already a beast, but that doesn't mean you don't have to still be in lab every now and then.

On a last note, I bet you won't sleep on me again. NIGGA ASK ABOUT ME!!! There's another garbage NY rapper for you, too. Looking forward to playing and just chilling with you again, bro! Didn't play you again so that loss could marinate. But, still, like I said, I'm going home and I'll be ready next time. That's was only 10% + nervousness!

Hawkeye - You, Ramon, Mick, and Dreamkiller had me fuckin' rolling whenever you all were around! A fuckin' shame you're going to be leaving the Chi. I should be home in Oct., though, so I'll definitely be trying to get at you. Was hilarious when you and DK were playing Taki mirrors too. Remember, "It works."

SugarRainbow - Still felt unbelievably bad for the way that match went. Still, you were the only person to somehow set up 2A+B on me, so be proud! x_x

JustKill - Already told you, unbelievably tech traps with Sets! Saw some stuff I'd not seen with FC3A+B!

Shenrei - Really wish we would've gotten to talk, but I thought you were nervous or something (guess not). Hopefully, I'll get to meet you again.

Dr. Ty - Got some casuals in with you! Yeah, I like doing wavedash forward ---> command throw, but people ALWAYS break B against Sets, so it surprises even me when it connects. >_<

Ramon - EASILY the funniest guy there! On top of that, Sophie used to be my main, but I my game with her has degraded so much that I figured it's be blasphemous to even let the cursor cross over her while you were there. Wish I could've watched more of your matches. =(

DreamKiller - Great sense of humor with you too! And a great voice, regardless of what you say! Still, you kept disappearing throughout the day so I barely got to hang out with you or see any of your matches. Would have gone out with all of you guys, but, like I said, I get fairly tired very quickly after flights. Hopefully, us Chicago guys will make it out for NEC and we can all get something like a regional side/team tourney going just for the hype!

Krayzie - You look so angry when you play! Was cool hanging out with you too! And, on top of that, you got a free controller =P. Didn't really get to talk to you and, if anything, our casuals before the tournament made me even more nervous, but it was fun having you over and your commentary was priceless. I honestly want to come to Cali just to chill with you and your crew.

Mick - Hahaha!!! The Man, the Myth, the Legend! Honestly don't know where to start! Would congratulate you on your victory against SU, but you made that seem like clockwork. Still, you got shit poppin' and you're good at doing it, period! Wish I would've gotten to hang out with you more too, but it was still fun having over that Sunday night and getting in SU's ass. Cool talking about Calibur with you and I'll definitely hit you up when I've got time. I'm outprocessing from the Army now, so there's not much time for anything.

As for gamewise, like I said, I honestly don't see too many people in the current Calibur community being able to beat you in a long set. I don't count Omar out, though; I honestly think he just got unbelievably complacent with running through nigs. Still, being in the same boat as you with this whole Army thing, if you can do all of that with just a little bit of practice, people don't want to see you when you actually trying to get at them!

Other than that, like I said, soon enough, especially if you don't have to deploy, nigs are going to be changing the tier lists around!

RTD - You know, for some reason, I thought you were going to be an asshole, but you're easily one of the most laid back guys who were there. Other than that, you're just a cool guy all round and very knowledgeable about the game. Honestly, too, listening to you talk about this game makes me love it even more.

Other than that, like I said, even though it was a turtle MARATHON, our match was my favorite out of the entire tournament. That was honestly the first time where I felt like either playing making just one mistake would cost them the game. I've never had so many rounds go to time either. But, man, like I said, though I attack a lot sometimes, it's because I'm a very defensive player (don't feel like explaining what I mean), so getting to play someone else where we both respected each others' defenses was amazing. Like I said, though, it's a shame you don't get to play Hilde, because hearing you talk about the game is truly inspirational. Other than that, you managed to outperform people with characters who aren't even your main and you didn't bitch, whine, or make excuses when you lost even though you really had every right to do so.

Hopefully, soon enough, you find a new character worthy of the hat. =(

Xeph - I'll be ready for you next time! After that first match, I know you realized I don't know how to deal with whatever low that was and took advantage of that. I'll be better prepared next time though (Hopefully!). DIdn't really get to see too much of your game because I couldn't deal with that low, but it's obvious that you're not a player to be slept on, so, shit, let the haters hate and keep doing your thing! Other than that, only noticed it because of the matches you had with SU in the room, but don't let people's status get to you - you're already there! Just tell yourself you deserve those wins! Don't let people get in your head.

Thugish - You doubted everything I said, didn't you!? Did I not call a lot of my matches completely beforehand and tell you WHY they would happen that way? Tooting my own horn, but I'm very analytical and perceptive in my approach to the game. Even though you probably doubt it completely, I was out of practice when we first met! I was actually on midtour leave from Afghanistan. You haven't even seen how I am once I can dedicate myself to the game!

Other than that, though, I bet you wish you got that practice in now? And, for whatever reason, you were off your game. Like I said before, if you play people the way you play me back home, I don't think too many people have a chance of beating you, but it looked like, at the tournament, you were tired and playing overly defensive for whatever reason. You shouldn't have had to struggle with quite a few of those matches.

Special thanks, though. as sitting down and playing and joking with you helped me to relax a lot. I was shaking heavily before we played and, if I had played SU before I played you, I probably would've lost that match too. We've definitely gotta get a team Chicago going, though! I already bodied most of NY, so we don't even have to worry about them!

ARU - Will get to play with you more when I get home but cool to know Chicago has such solid players! Think you get to play with Malcolm but he and I have two entirely different playstyles with Sets. Didn't get to talk to you really but, hopefully, I'll see a lot more of you when I come home. Other than that, I never found my sync cable. =(

Teflon - I honestly thought YOU were going to be some white kid. But, nah, it was cool that you came through, though you were a bit more reserved than I figured you'd be. Be like me and talk MORE shit if you lose! Other than that, props on bodying a bunch of people who doubted you. Lots of people have talked about it, but my money's easily on you in the IFBxTeflonDon grudge match if it ever happens, especially if you decide to come through for a session or two.

GreatOne - Why the hell do you keep your room so cold!?

Shinji - Get a new fuckin' hearing aid! Seriously, though, I don't remember talking shit to you (I'm no good at talking shit online or over the phone and mostly do so in person just because that's how I have a good time; if I didn't like you, I wouldn't talk to you at all), but I know you talked shit about me on this site somewhere! Like I said, I only kicked you from the games online because of your latency; I don't really hate on anyone as the games meant to have fun. Either way, it was fun meeting you too, bro and just stick with it. Aren't you coming up to Chicago soon? If so, lemme know what's up.

Surione - Almost forgot about you! Thanks for bringing me down and making me feel bad. And, you know, after our match, I was playing worse for the rest of the day. ;-;

Still, you get the my vote for the most optimistic person there. And the fact that you kept playing when others who are supposed to be decent at the game quit out speaks volumes about your character. Other than that, you scared the shit out out of me when you went balls to the wall that first round!

JRWR! - Almost forgot about you too! We didn't get the play either but you're fuckin' hilarious! Wish you didn't have to go so early. Did Omar ever stop ducking you? =P

Other than that, though we didn't get to play, you can ask the rest of the NY how that shit went for them! =P

Myself - I think this tournament helped me out a bit, as I honestly didn't think I'd get that nervous over a game. Other than that, it was a good experience and showed me some things I need to work on. Happy I got to meet the lot of you and, hopefully, it isn't the last time I'll see you all.

All in all, FSAK was a great tournament experience and I really do home there will be an FSAK II. Know it was taxing on the TOs, but repetition brings efficiency!

Also, though I can't speak for everyone, I wouldn't feel too bad about losing. Though in all honestly I only felt there was one match I lost that I really had no chance of winning, every victory there, for the most part, was well earned and people were much better prepared than I thought they would be. Though I wish more a the players who complain about characters and whatnot not came out, I think it's safe to say that everyone gained something to take home from this tournament. And, with that said, I think that the Amyphobia has been quelled for the most part...and Ivyphalaxsis. =(

Back