G.A.M.M.E. Orlando, Florida June 4-6 2010

I imagine not as its a 3 day event. My guess is the tournaments besides singles will be handled informally, though I would be interested in hearing when they are planned for.

The days/times of the tournaments would help out a lot.

On top of the, for the people already confirmed they are going, is there any hotel that the majority of the SC players are going to try to stay at or is this just a 'get in where you fit in' sort of thing?

On top of the, for the people already confirmed they are going, is there any hotel that the majority of the SC players are going to try to stay at or is this just a 'get in where you fit in' sort of thing?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question as providence.

I have the same question as providence.

I'd imagine most players will have a room at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center, which is also where GAMME will be held. That's where I have my room booked.
I was checking out the GAMME thread on SRK and came accross this update. It's kind of old but I don't think it was posted here and it might be interesting to some of you. It mentions the possibility of a "Top Tier Challenge", a "Semi-Pro challenge", and a team tournament.

moadib said:
Soul Calibur IV
New Update - I will be planning more closely with IdleMind from the 8wayrun community and one of the Soul Calibur Community leaders to have a solid focus on SCIV and prior incarnations - I will be in France this week for World Cup networking with all the european players to get their input as one of our goals is to become the Soul Calibur National - this is for all SC titles - we are considering working into our schedule a Top Tier Challenge and Semi-Pro challenge as we have a lot of international interest in this tournament. We will also be considering adding a team tournament..

what does top tier challenge and semi-pro challenge mean exactly? Algol and Hilde are allowed in top tier challenge (Mina and Rock banned lol)? do they really have time to run a tourney for sc1, sc2, sc3, sc4, mid/low tier sc4, sc4 teams, "top tier challenge" and "semi-pro challenge"? that would be amazing, very expensive to enter all of those though, but it'd be easily the best calibur tourney of all time.

Ok, I will have to be in France the 8th of June.
So I have to know days/times of the tournaments very soon or I'll not be able to do this event.

Thx Oof for informations.
I'll book there if I'm able to do this.

EDIT:
Florida Hotel and Conference Center is too expensive for me.
Will go in an other hotel with other french players.

Count me out of this one. I'll try to save up for Mashfest in August.

Protip: Never let people borrow money and expect to be paid back.

Is there still no type of timeline? Also, I saw someone mention preregistering but I can't find it on the site. Can someone hit me with a link?

Well that was an interesting read. I'm glad they ended up sticking to their guns and not changing the dates because that would have screwed me over big time, since the plane tickets that I got are non-refundable.

I think people should post what hotel they will be staying at. That way we'll know who our neighbors will be to get some casuals in at a hotel room. As I mentioned I'll be at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center, it will be myself, Surione, Eli123s, D.I.N.O (pending) & Offbeat Ninja (pending).

Get HYPE bitches and POST UP!

Yeah, seems everything in that thread was resolved. Either way, I haven't bought my ticket yet, so I would've been all right. And people say nothing comes of procrastination?

Either way, I still need the day for SC because I plan on flying down there some time after work that Friday and, if SC is that Friday (which I more than likely won't be able to make), I probably won't even go (or maybe I will, just to play with some of you guys and go some places). Beyond that, I'll have to leave Sunday and want to plan this trip as well as I possibly can.
Also, as far as I know, there's nothing about the rulings posted anywhere official. Not sure if that would affect many people here, but, if there are some on-the-spot registrations or people looking to sign up for SC4 who don't come here, I imagine those rules would be helpful.

Beyond that, I still have no clue where to preregister.

this isn't gonna be some 1000 player tournament (not sure how many they'll have for SF), so that would just be lazy if they didn't let u register at the door. lazy and very stupid. Like saying, "cash is not accepted here"

They said they will fix that by next week. Otherwise they will probably eventually send you an email to the address associated with the purchase asking you for the info.

Didn't book anywhere right now cause I'm alone (Scud don't wanna come, and no news about Saitoh)...
And still no timeline... I'm not 100% in.
If I come I will probably choose "Sunstyle Suites" or something cheap.

Back